I’m frustrated, sad, hopeful, optimistic

Djay Pro native support for Mixtrack Platinum

Hi, Algoriddim!
I love the Mixtrack Platinum controller and djay Pro on mac is my DJ software of choice, but these does not work together. Manual mapping is terrible with this controller, and I have because of that been forced to use the Serato program as a replacement. Djay is such a great program it would be a shame to use Serato instead in my opinion.

My question:
Will this controller be natively supported by djay Pro for mac, like all the other Mixtrack-controllers form Numark, in the future?

Sincerly concerned Djay Pro user.
15 people have
this question
+1
  • Hi Jesper Buer Bjarmann,

every post is pushing the implementation, thank you for that.
    In the meantime, at what point of the controller mapping are you struggling?

Cheers,
    Lukas E.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

Thanks for the reply. The jog-wheels and the touch-strip at the top of the controller is the most difficult mappings to get right. I have tested a lot of settings with the jog-wheels, but the velocity of the scratch doesn't seem work like it should.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

Yesss! Not to revel in your misery Jesper, but it is nice to know someone else out there is having the same trouble.
    I can sort of get the scratching to work, but it seems to delay cue points activated immediately after. This is my setup for deck 1:

Scracth (no touch detection)
    Control Type: Rotary (01h/7Fh)
    Speed: about 1/6th full (closer to slow)
    Reaction: Full Responsive 100%

Hope it helps...? Let me know if you sort out what I mean by the cue point delay. Super frustrating not being able to full blend in a scratch.

I got a Platinum a month ago and have been forced to use Serato at gigs since.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

Hey guys, I'm considering getting a Mixtrack Platinum, but I'm wondering if the jog-wheel displays are compatible with DJay Pro? Does the information show up? Does it need to be manually mapped? Or do the displays only work in Serato?
    Thanks so much for your input!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• You have to manually map the scratch/jog functions, and as far as I have gotten, I still haven't managed to get the displays to work. Even a used Mixtrack Pro 3 will be better than the platinum, at least until someone decides to give us accurate mapping. For now, they are mere distractions.
    I still have an issue with cue points working with the scratch pads. I get a bit of a delay. If you end up getting one and get some mapping done (or need novice mapping assistance) let me know!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks for your quick response Jay!
    I have the choice between a Mixtrack Pro 3 or a Mixtrack Platinum at a local store here. I really like the idea of the added functionality of the platinum jog displays, but DJay Pro is definitely my preferred software. I don't mind spending the time mapping it, but do the issues make it completely unusable in your mind?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

I wouldn't say that it is completely unusable. I have been gigging with it a few times after mapping some of the basics and it works well, just have to rely on the trackpad for scratching. cue points and jumping works fine, but the extra $ for the platinum is basically for the extra sound bells (you can use it as a mixer, but is a little short on juice due to the fact that it is usb-powered), and the displays which are dope. A good friend has a Pro3 that has full mapping for Algoriddim's DJay Pro and man it is so much sweeter than the Platinum for the time being. The scratch wheels are perfectly mapped.

I banked on the fact that there has been compatibility in previous generations of Numark controllers and I suppose I just have to wait it out until there is a proper map released that integrates the displays. I am lost right now with it and don't really have time to work mapping it any longer.

In my opinion, both options are about equal. Just depends on what you want. Full functionality right now with a Pro3, or investing a bit of effort mapping to tide you over with the Platinum until there is a map released. I had to purchase mine as soon as I could, but if you can wait on it, it may come down in price and come with a map.

:)
    J
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thank you guys for the run down on the mixtrack platinum... I was seconds away from ordering one but it looks like I will have to wait for algoriddim to get a mapping for this new hardware. I'm new to DJ'ing, but it looks like this controller will really be sweet for the price point when the plug and play functionality is in place for DJAY PRO!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yes. Def hold off. The mapping for the Pro 3 is better and you can probably get one used on the cheapy-cheap... Happy spinning!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

The Platinum is supported by Virtual DJ 8 and Serato already. Why does it take so long for Algoriddim to supply native support?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I think it's been out almost 5 months now... hopefully we will see an update very soon!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Lukas E,

Is there any date the mixtrack platinum will be supported officially ?
    I would like to buy it and have the djay pro already and do not want to buy the mixtrack pro 3....
    Any chance it will be in the next few weeks ?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m sad
    +1 here.

I don't want to use serato.
    Need a support for Numark Platinum.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    Hi,
    looking forward to the mixtrack platinum support.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    Admins are just answering the first question and ignore the rest...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Just out of curiosity is there any reason you guys feel this is something that must happen? I do not mean to offend but some here are acting like Algoriddim owes (or promised) support for this controller. One should NEVER purchase hardware under the assumption said hardware will be supported by their software of choice in the near future let alone ever.

Just curious how this logic comes about is all. Again I mean no offense.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Dave,

As you know Numark is a hardware partner of Algoriddim.
    You can see the hardware partners from this link: https://www.algoriddim.com/company

And people in this topic asks for a native support for a new product of Numark which is already supported by other softwares.
    At this point you may say Platinum is a Serato product. Then why Algoriddim supports all other Serato products as Pioneer ddj S series? or Mixtrack Pro 3(which is almost the same with Platinum)?

Also if it's possible for users to map the product in the right way the topic would never be opened. But Algoriddim is not an open source software so customers can just wait for it to be fully supported.

You asked why people buy an unsupported hardware? Because if you want to be on market as a dj software you must support the new hardwares ASAP. I have to mention again people in this topic are not asking to support for a no name controller or not asking Agloriddim to support this product or not. People are asking WHEN they will do it.

As a customer who has payed for djay 2, djay pro for iPad and djay pro for mac I think I have a right to ask for it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Not wondering why anyone is asking for it. Wondering why some are demanding and expecting it. Having worked with a manufacturer developer prior on misc. hardware is not a reason one would expect with EVERY device said manufacturers develop ever until the end of time. Native instruments is the only developer/manufacturer who works like this as all N.I. HW is supported by TP2 obviously. Not all Pioneer HW is supported by Algorriddim yet they are partners. Not ALL Pioneer HW is supported by Serato yet they are partners. Not ALL Pioneer HW is even supported by Rekordbox DJ and yet Pioneer themselves are the developers of Rekordbox DJ.

I do not own one of these controllers so I can not speak for custom mapping it. I have used Algoriddim's custom mapping on other (Pioneer) controllers which was very easy so I would have hoped it was the same with the Platinum.

Lastly I promise you there is no such rule as "if you want to be on market as a dj software you must support the new hardwares ASAP." This is just flat out not true. Serato, Djay Pro, Rekordbox DJ, and so on will NEVER support Native Instruments hardware old OR new EVER.............. so this means close up shop? Can't continue being in the business if we will not "support the new hardwares"?????

" I have to mention again people in this topic are not asking to support for a no name controller or not asking Agloriddim to support this product or not. People are asking WHEN they will do it."

Yeah this is the very issue. Why not ask IF or "can you" before expecting and going with the when and demanding support. Trust they do not owe anyone here support for this controller ever as they never promised this or advertised that they would................ as far as I know at least.

I have some further news for everyone here. This is how all the developers are doing things nowadays but I also promise you one more thing. Pioneer is the only SW developer currently offering actual deadlines but even they do not offer product support dates. The reason dev's do not do this is simple. Let's say they (Dev) say Feb 15 2016 they will add support on some given device. Then Feb 13th said devices manufacturer updates the firmware and it goes public. Now this device could potentially not work as intended and who is to blame here when things go wrong. Even worse now you have people up in arms because the developer broke their promise. I mean this is basic PR stuff here but I feel it needs to be pointed out.

Anyways again for those asking if and hoping it will................ by all means nothing wrong with this and as Lukas E (Algoriddim Rep) pointed out the more hype the better. I was just wondering where this behavior stems from and TBH I am a little more lost now as the logic behind is a little flawed at best. Just being honest and I again do not mean to offend.

FTR do not get me wrong. I certainly hope you all see the support you seek ASAP and for all your future wishes to work out as well but I am wondering if we are trying to attract flies with vinegar here is all..................... Carry on :)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m excited
    Hi Dave,

You are right about what you said.
    It's another point of view.
    But we are going a little out of the topic.

I'm getting back to the topic and will try to explain technically why I am expecting the support very soon.

Mixtrack Platinum is just an updated version of Mixtrack Pro 3 which Algoriddim supports natively. They both have almost the same layout. There are just a few differences.

The main difference is the jog wheel displays which is the main reason why I bought this controller. And it is impossible to map this feature manually. Also the controller switches to demo mode and the lights start to blink while you are using it due to not to be supported natively.

I am sure everyone in here has tried to map it manually.
    For myself, I tried to map it, asked people for their maps, then I tried to find a mixtrack pro 3 map and edit the file changed the codes. But no, it's not that easy :)

And I believe Algoriddim will do it. But why so late? Why I'm using Serato at the moment? And as a loyal customer, I am not asking for the impossible, just asking for more :)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hey guys,

first off, thank you all for sharing your thoughts, critic and feebdack.
    I know that sometimes this feels a bit like a dead end, but be assured that we are working on this topic and will provide a mapping of the Mixtrack Platinum as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,
    Lukas E.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I would love to see this get added soon, otherwise I will be switching to Serato
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When can we except Mixtrack Platinum MIDI support?.

When Can We except MIDI Support for Numark Mixtrack Platinum?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello,

Can we please get a dev log going as this has been a long-awaited addition that I am sure many of us would love to track the progress of... If it's going to be too long I'm going to have to switch to Serato for a while and I really don't want to do that :(. Thank you!!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m sad
    One more night practicing without Djay Pro :((
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m in anticipation
    Aloha all.. I registered just to add another +1 to this thread :) Excited to hear that the formal mapping is in the works.. at the moment I have to have Serato DJ Intro loaded in the background to keep the Platinum out of Demo Mode.

I don't regret the purchase one bit, and I having been loving djay Pro, so I'm excited to get to use both of these tools to their full capability.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ok, I have spent the past couple of days learning how midi mapping works and I have created a very solid map of this controller for two decks.

You can find a link to the mapping here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nz7yzrnefn8...

The main issue is that it starts up in demo mode and all the lights start blinking. I have found a sort of hack -- load up Serato Intro after plugging in the controller, then once everything has initialized, instead of quitting Serato Intro, go to Apple and ' 'Force Quit' Serato. This prevents it from putting the controller back into demo mode. You are now free to load up djay Pro with no conflicts.

Good luck!
    • view 3 more comments
    • Jay if you double click the mapping file it will upload to the mapping directory.
    • .. that's good to know!! Heck a of a lot simpler.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2017-02-09.
    see the change log
  • Also I found a reply from Lukas about the Platinum:

"here lays the problem, we can not natively support the Mixtrack 3 Platinum due to its platter visuals.
    If you need help with the mapping you can send us a mail via support@algoriddim.com
    Cheers,
    Lukas E."

I hope that's not true...
    • view 4 more comments
    • Deejay Dave -- even in Serato I have noticed some slight discrepancies with the jog wheels.. I am pretty happy with it set at 15% sensitivity as mentioned above but of course I have never worked with vinyl nor 1:1 jog wheels so I'm not fit to judge.

Currently I've finished out most of the mapping for deck 3 and hopefully I will find time in the next couple days to do deck 4 and get the basic full mapping out.

Göktug -- I just checked through your other posts in the mixxx forum really quickly, looks like you're going down the same path I was.. but it also looks like you have a bit more skill with programming :)

As for midi monitoring I'm on a macbook air and I found this: https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/
      that's how I discovered the concept of 'SysEx code'

As for how to inject that code so that djay pro communicates it... I am not sure. Good to know that virtual DJ doesn't turn demo mode back on though!
      I will email you :)

Thanks!
      -Trevor
    • i think it won't work with other softwares. i sold it and bought Denon DJ MC4000 (i thought Gemini G2V and Pioneer SB2 too).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I think everyone here needs to hear this. There are certain devices that fall under a licensing agreement between manufacturer and SW developer. The S9 is a Pioneer unit that even Pioneer themselves are not allowed to natively support due to agreements between Pio and Serato.

The SL57 to this day has not been supported by any other software other than Serato.

Now we have the Mixtrack platinum created in partnership with Serato. ALgoriddim had nothing to do with its development, or distribution. They made no claims they in fact would be supporting it (until recently when I feel Lukas mad a mistake by claiming they would in fact be offering a mapping ASAP). There are elements that they may not have thought of and until they had an actual (WORKING) mapping at the ready no deadlines should have been even hinted at. Well now there was one and I certainly hope for their sake they are able to pull through. Customers do not like being mislead.
    • Hi Dave,

I understand and agree with your point.

However, I just took a look at Numark's website and there is no information regarding Serato's exclusivity.
      Numark says Mixtrack Platinum ships with Serato, just like many audio interfaces ships with certain DAW, but it does not mean they will work exclusively with that DAW.

Anyway, I understand it is not Algoriddim's fault if they are not able to fully support such controller.

Fortunately mine came from Amazon and it is very easy to return it under misleading information claim... but I like this controller and I'll wait a bit more for some awesome news. If they don't come, I'll have to figure some solution because I really don't appreciate Serato...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why there's not a mapping for Nümark Mixtrack Platinum.

Come on guys! Make it native! Es un bochorno esto!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I guess I'll be returning my Platinum if I can't use Djay Pro. I hate Serato and am not too keen on VDJ either. Sucks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m happy
    Aloha everyone,

Apologies for the delay, I finally got around to polishing up this mapping. It works for all four decks, the displays are still mostly useless except that I was able to have it show when key lock and slip mode are enabled. Key lock I have set to shift+sync and slip mode is shift+play/pause. Note that this slip mode is separate from djay Pro's.. it functions similarly with scartching but also allows stutter cues when enabled.

I would have to play around with the FX buttons a lot more to polish them up.. as of now they only activate on decks 1 and 2, and the touch strip effects dry/wet for all three simultaneously while the beats knob controls the depth/frequency.

It seems like the standard setting for this controller is 'pickup' for the deck specific gains and EQs, so that after switching the deck, you have to turn it to it's current position before modifying it. That way there are no sudden jumps in levels.

Cue behavior is based around djay Pro -- the Cue button jumps to start point, and Cue1-4 go to 1-3 and End point respectively. Shfit+Cue for any of them will set the Cue point. If in a loop, the loop with jump with its start point centered on the cue location.

The jog wheels default to pitch bend if only touching the sides or if the wheel button is off. If wheel button is on, then they scratch as normal while touching the top.

It was a great learning exercise in seeing what midi mapping can do, and overall I would say at this point the controller is plenty functional. If there are any small bugs with this I am happy to fix them up. I was able to turn on the lights for the samplers, but I was not able to discern if it was possible to have the lights stay on for loop and auto loop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkn4kbadqb0...

Here's a link to the mapping-- just double click it and it should install itself to the correct folder. I hope somehow this helps inspire Algoriddim to finish their complete native mapping :) From the conversation I've seen it sounds like they are in partnership with Numark for this product and it's just a matter of when they are ready to release it. In the meanwhile, enjoy! I hope this helps.

-Trevor
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You have done is all a great service. Too bad I returned my Platinum and purchased a Denon MC4000 due to the lack of native support. Maybe if your mapping was done before I returned he Platinum, I may have kept it. Either way Trevor, your efforts are appreciated.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m satisfied
    Apparently I'm a bit of a perfectionist.. after stepping away for a day I finally came back to it and got the lights to work. It was nagging at me.. and I fiddled around with the range (normally goes 0-127) and discovered for the blue loop buttons it needs to be set 0-1 and the orange auto loops 0-100. That kind of visual feedback is really helpful to me and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Anyways, needless to say I'm going to call this my final release unless someone finds any significant bugs. Thanks for the support and encouragement!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh93m6kyv1b...

-Trevor

~~~~~~~~
    Here are the notes from the previous release in case this post gets bumped to the top:

It works for all four decks, the displays are still mostly useless except that I was able to have it show when key lock and slip mode are enabled. Key lock I have set to shift+sync and slip mode is shift+play/pause. Note that this slip mode is separate from djay Pro's.. it functions similarly with scartching but also allows stutter cues when enabled.

I would have to play around with the FX buttons a lot more to polish them up.. as of now they only activate on decks 1 and 2, and the touch strip effects dry/wet for all three simultaneously while the beats knob controls the depth/frequency.

It seems like the standard setting for this controller is 'pickup' for the deck specific gains and EQs, so that after switching the deck, you have to turn it to it's current position before modifying it. That way there are no sudden jumps in levels.

Cue behavior is based around djay Pro -- the Cue button jumps to start point, and Cue1-4 go to 1-3 and End point respectively. Shfit+Cue for any of them will set the Cue point. If in a loop, the loop with jump with its start point centered on the cue location.

The jog wheels default to pitch bend if only touching the sides or if the wheel button is off. If wheel button is on, then they scratch as normal while touching the top.
    • view 19 more comments
    • This is awesome work guys! My controller is finally functional!
      For some reason I can't get the sampler to work? I can see in the mapping file that each sampler left and right has a corresponding Note, but I don't know which is which?
      Thanks again!
    • I'd have to double check, when I designed mine I did it visually .. so I noticed the sampler buttons were linked (the ones on left and ones on right both triggered the same four) so I used the interface in djay Pro to guide me. The four sampler buttons trigger the bottom four samples, two on left and two on right. Holding shift key unlocks a new set, and so I chose to have those samples be the four right above as this functions like a typical keyboard .

So in the interface they show like this:

[ ] [ ] [5] [6]. .[6] [8] [ ] [ ]
      [ ] [ ] [1] [2]. .[3] [4] [ ] [ ]

With the remaining 8 samples being left blank.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello Algoriddim, this is a reminder from all Djay Pro and Mixtrack Platinum users: DON'T FORGET US! We need native support for our controller. We really love Djay Pro and don't want to move to Serato. Please help us!!!
    • Algoriddim has already stated they will not be offering native support for the Mixtrack Platinum due to the platter displays and the issues encountered with mapping djay functions to them. There has been some extensive personal mapping done by a few of the excellent forum members we have in this community. It's not perfect, but it is highly useable if you want to use your Platinum with Djay pro. If you search the forum for Platinum native support they have left the maps in drop box format for he benefit of the community to make it easier for those of us that want to still use Djay pro with he Mixtrack Platinum
    • No.
      Lukas said it is not possible to manually map needle point, time and tempo indicators. It is possible for them to make it. :)
      Also Platinum is one of the most requested controllers and they will map is as soon as possible.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m happy
    Thanks so much Lukas you made it!

Just a fast feedback: the browse knob is not working properly.
    Not a big deal :)
    Will give more feedback soon.

Thanks again!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Anders (Official Rep) March 22, 2017 19:54
    The newly released djay Pro 1.4.3 for Mac now comes with native support for the Numark Mixtrack Platinum. Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• That's awesome guys. Too bad i returned my Mixtrack Platinum and purchased a Denon MC4000. No regrets, although I would've liked to have tried out Djay Pro with the Mixtrack. Enjoy all of you Mixtrack Platinum owners. The wait is over!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m thankful
    Thanks so much!! I only notice a few tiny things to fix.. I've uploaded a slightly modified file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5saqkognxw...

Changelog:
    -Assigned pressing Browse Knob to Switch Library Table
    -Mapped Master Gain, Cue Mix, Cue Level knobs
    -Fix Monometer designations for deck 3/4 (they were previously inactive for those decks.. now decks 1 and 3 share the left meter and decks 2 and 4 share the right meter

Questions -- is there a way to send a signal to start the keys lit up correctly? For example, have the play/pause button start at 1 instead of 0, and have the Wheel button correctly start fully lit up? These are incredibly minor questions but I'm also curious about the underlying coding -- as in if I wanted to start with key-lock enabled by default, can I code that into the midi mapping?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello all,

Is anyone else getting a lag issue with the pitch fader? It seems to freeze for me, in terms of recognising the pitch/ bpm change, and then will catch up after 5 - 10 seconds. Also my Cue/PFL headphone buttons are automatically switching to the deck I am not using when I slide the crossfader to one side.

Enjoying playing with this though, just would be good to find solutions to these issued though.
    • view 4 more comments
    • No visual or audio lag yet just the lag with BPM and master gain (but that only happened once). I'm on an old (2011) macbook pro so wondered if that had anything to do with it - I need to do some more testing really. I'll see if I can disable the headphone channel switching as I do find it a bit unecessary and I am used to switching manually.
    • I've found the switch to stop the Cue/PFL automatically switching to the opposite platter when the crossfader is used - click on the headphone button and untick the 'Auto Select' box.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi all,

Is this controller supported by djay pro on the iPad ?

I saw that iOS support is mentioned but no more details...

Thanks,

Hervé
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm