How to use an external usb/wireless drive with iPad for Djay app?

I have usb externals drives full of mp3 how can I access those files with the iPad? Can I use the photo kit that Apple sells for usb and sd cards?
30 people have
this question
+1
next » « previous
    Wirelessdj, sorry to hear the hack didn't work. Let me know how it goes with the Seagate my cloud (I think you mean Personal Cloud drive). Those go up to 8TB! http://www.seagate.com/consumer/strea...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

I can confirm that the personal cloud Drive DOES work with the iPad and DJAY pro. I have not done extensive testing though. There is still the problem of finding things, and not being able to see the full track information only the filename. But, for 200 bucks you can have a 5 TB iPad based DJ rig as long as your directory structure, and filenames are well organized
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

Wirelssdj, so after playing around with Seagate Wireless Drive, DJAY Pro, iPad 12.9" 256 GB I realized that selecting music from my Seagate "exports" the song from the drive and copies that song into the iPad local storage. Then, it is stored locally on the iPad. Selecting a song from the Seagate wireless drive does not stream the song from the Seagate drive to the iPad. So even if you have a TB or more storage on your wireless drive, you are still limited to the 256 GB on the iPad. Of course, you can delete songs when needed on the iPad and pull new songs from the wireless drive anytime. But I wanted to get your thoughts on this. It's not the ideal set up. Streaming songs from the wireless drive would be the ultimate. Or maybe I have this all wrong and I'm not understanding it right.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m silly
    I am finishing up the rig this week, then hope to have time to do a video this weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGdT-...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• I’m happy
    I USE WiFi Spotify Premium on Djay PRo REGULARLY. It allows me to access my Playlists on my Spotify Account..as well as Itunes Playlists already Present. I have NO ISSUE with Streaming Audio Quality..setting on Library Spotify(3) options. Good, High, Extreme. Even with Scratching using Streaming Audio SET To Extreme...No Latency issues at all.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• hello,firstly you cannot use a standard external storage device with an iPad. The lightening to USB cable or CCK cannot be used to transfer music, it can only transfer photos and video.
    The only external storage devices are WiFi such as the GoFlex and WiDrive.
    However Traktor DJ uses the iPad Music app, it cannot access music from any other source. This is a shame as some iPad DJ apps can stream music from DropBox, Traktor DJ cannot.

Also, it is worth pointing out that the Camera Connection Kit cannot pass current/power so you cannot put the iPad on a powered hub.

The only way to get power and audio to/from an iPad is by using a proprietary cable such as the one that is included with the Z1 Kontroller.
    The cable must be made for and approved by Apple for iPad.
    And if you lost your music of iTunes,Iphone Music Managerwill recover them
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Dear friends i have the same issue as you all. Only one DJ app as i know and tested support external storage but only webdav. http://djplayerpro.com/
    I bought i wd my passport pro wireless and thought that would work but the problem is that wd my passport pro does not support (built in the code) webdav.Found a hack for the drive (paid) that a team made and add a few extra things like webdav option and again a problem. I could not install the hack and after contacting the developer they said they dont know why i can not flash the new firmware.So if you know a wireless hdd that supports webdav you have solved your problem and please let me know what drive it is.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hey Guys,

With the introduction of IOS13 on IPad Pro 2018, what are the chances that musics can be stored on external drives and accessed
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m silly
    I agree 100% I already have the camera connection kit and FILES can read the drive
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Does this mean i have to but a new ipad just for the sake of having this feature, i use an ipad mini 2 and don't really want to but anymore things just to use this app in this way
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If you don’t have the USB-C iPad Pro but have an iPhone or iPad that runs iOS 13, you can just buy the Lightning/USB adapter and you’re good.

With iOS 13, iPhones and iPads are now close to computers in a pocket. This version is a big and welcome milestone both for iOS and Djay.
    • My issue is this.

I have an android phone and tablet and always have done. I was locked into there system (never touched an apple device in my life). I wanted to use Algoriddim Djay 2 software with my pioneer dj wego 4. The Android app of Djay 2 was terrible and unstable and still is..... and with the latest update was rendered un-usable. Algoriddim have never updated this app since. This forced me into buying an ipad 4th generation (old ipad) as Djay 2 for I.O.S was alot more advanced, usable and had alot more support on this forum. I was then happy that i could use Djay 2 software on this device, however when the new app (Djay pro) came out , i needed a newer ipad as Algoriddim would not push the update for older devices. Even the last few updates for Djay 2, Algoriddim would not support the older device. This pushed me into a position to but another newer ipad ( ipad mini 2). This has been fine for most of the things i wanted to do with the software. But it now seems that i have to swap ipads again because the ipad mini 2 will not be updated to I.O.S13, just for the sake of a feature thay could of surely integrated with older devices? The feature is the using a usb/drive to play music on either Djay 2 or Djay pro with an Ipad.

I have no desire to purchase a new Ipad pro or any other Ipad, just to use Djay 2 or Djay Pro. As they have no external storage and i will not use the Ipad for anything else. The fact i have to go out and buy a 3rd device just to be able to use this feature is a joke.

I hope a solution can be addressed.
    • The issue you have is with Apple who drop update support for most devices after Appx 5 years.

Yes it sucks and you are right there is no technical reason for it, the hardware is powerful and compatible enough. This isn't just apple though, Android is just as bad (if not worse!) with many devices being locked to a singular version of Android or maybe one or two versions higher.

However, theres not really anything Algoriddim can do in this case as iOS 13 is a requirement to allow browsing of external storage and Apple have locked this down.

And this is the tradeoff of DJ'ing on mobile devices.

A brand new iPad is really all you can hope for and then you can expect the fun to last 5 years before going though this all over again.

Android still sucks for audio apps, so you're SOL there too.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

next » « previous