Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2 doesn’t appear in “Devices”

Hello,
I connected a Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2 and I can control the software with my CDJ. Works perfect so far. The problem is that I can’t get the audio to my mixer. So I can control but I only hear the sound on my laptop. Normally I just need to change the output device but in this case the CDJ doesn’t even appear in the device list. I use the newest version of your app and newest Mac OSX.If I connect my Denon MCX-8000 the controller appears in the list and it works. But not the CDJ… Any idea?

Hi Michael, I have the same problem and pretty adamant it is attributed to the new Mac OS Catalina. Since updating to Catalina, I can no longer use the cdj2000nxs2 decks I have connected to the macbook pro as a seperate sound output device. i have to connect a seperate usb to the DJM750mk2 mixer and use the usb line in and select this as the sound output device. Prefer using the RCA line in of the mixer as I mix on a hybrid platform using both usb and djaypro2 and the spotify function.

Is this a confirmed problem with Mac OS Catalina? Have raised a ticket and still haven’t heard anything back.

No, that was what I was trying to say. I don’t see the device as an output in the Sound preferences. But every buttons works and I can hear the sound on the computer. Yes I use macOS 10.15. So what should I do? I thought the CDJ-2000 NXS2 shouldn’t make any troubles with djay Pro…

Hi Michael,

Are you able to see the device as an output in the Sound preferences? If you’re on macOS 10.15, I’m not sure Pioneer DJ officially support it yet.

Since the Pioneer DJ hardware requires manufacturer drivers, you will either need to wait for them to update the driver, or roll back macOS, which can be arduous. The official line from Pioneer DJ is to hold off updating macOS until they can ensure all their hardware works.

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-gb/news/2019/macos-catalina-1015-compatibility/