pioneer cdj2000 nxs will not connect with djay pro

I just purchased djay pro for windows 10, my cdj2000 nxs will not connect to djay pro, but djay pro recognized the players . but again, it will not connect, ive tried everything, from soft to hardware,

anyone any ideas how i can get this thing working??

Hey Marcel,

at the moment we are not supporting CDJ’s with djay Pro for Windows.

We are aware of the user demand of the support and will do our best in order to support them as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi there,

be assured that we are working on this.

We will let you know when there are news regarding the CDJ support.

Pushed the native CDJ support by djay Pro for Windows.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

hi lucas, thx for the info

that’s to bad to hear that because that was the reason i actually bought the software. so i could spin some tune from the laptop spotify and my selected USB tracks.

so if it’s going to be updated for the CDJ2000’s will it automatically update the software?

cheers

hi lucas, thx for the info

that’s to bad to hear that because that was the reason i actually bought the software. so i could spin some tune from the laptop spotify and my selected USB tracks.

so if it’s going to be updated for the CDJ2000’s will it automatically update the software?

cheers

Indeed,

well! lucas and the Algoriddim team??

can you make a priority now . so we and all other windows users can use it on our CDJ 2000’s???

let’s get it on!

yeah , it’s been a year now, i hope there is some progress soon!

on the release notes of 5th of may it says :
May 5, 2018
djay Pro 1.0.26742.0

Improved performance when using MIDI controllers

so do we have to update our software? is there an update button somewhere?

https://www.algoriddim.com/djay-pro-w…

please answer

When is the update available to support windows 10 with the cdj2000nxs? Its now 7 months ago. Is there anyway an update for this in the future?

Indeed when will there be an update for? Too many people are waiting for this and so do I! I didn’t buy this software too get ripped off my money…

Takes a long time …

what the hell is going on??? there are so many people waiting for this feature!.
why is nobody re-plying? and what is the status. ?

This still isn’t resolved, poor very poor!!