Any Mixon 4 owners here? Is it worth it? Do you like it?

hi Mate, MCX8000 and Djay work together on a “Mac” only. Not PC integration yet…

yes it does work on my Mixon 4 and Djay, pitch and time…

good mapping on ipad but not reproducing waves and other info on Denon own screen. Something is done but partially. Thanks though !!!

1 Like

This is a “cons” for Mixon 4, how ever we have to get used to set a mixer between our controller and the PA, whatever it is, in order to be able to switch onto an emergency iPad or another source if the Mac/PC or controller crashes. We can have a “mute” of 5-8 seconds, but no more. So my personal advice is to have always an alternative source ready with a “loaded” song ready just in case of…
I personally use 16 channels Soundcraft, so that I can manage my 5 wireless mikes and support also direct live groups PA (or support them at specific gigs).
This is my opinion only !!!
Ps: Just last week I got my new DDJ1000 recently presented (not yet Djay mapped, but will be soon) and even it has 2 mike channels, and several line ins, I will also bring a mixer in-between…

Eventually you can play from your iphone and Mixon 4 with Djay, but it is not safe, trust me.
As a back up maybe, but changing from Mac to iphone or ipad with Mixon as controller, takes a bit longer than launching a preloaded song from the same iphone or ipad, and during playing it you can then reset whole controller and Mac in order to continue with your rider. But indeed you then need a mixer.
I loved my Mixon 4 for last year season. In fact I did not sold it, just added to my stuff for larger configuration where sometimes we are requested to have 2 independent DJs at the same gig.
See how is my configuration at Marc Marquez party after his 6th championship won, last November in Spain.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BckWmbCAr…

Also another great software company’s iOS software works with the Mixon 4 with 4 decks, stems, great sounding effects, 8 hot cues with saved loops. Really is tremendous. If you go to dj techtools and go to mapping’s. Look for mixon 4 and you will see a mapping by dj hombre. Very very good

Dj Hombre did a YouTube video with the mixon and another iOS software company. From the review he loves it but the play , cue pads are a bit clicky.

My question is, does the pitch play feature only work with serato ( with pitch n time) ? or does it work with djay app as well…

Well let me know how it works out now y’all got me thinking about getting one LOL. I was waiting on the mixars Primo but they decided not to put it in production I think,

Does the mic keep working if the software locks up? I was wondering this because I have Behringer speakers that my wireless mics plug into therefore, I don’t have to plug in mic into the controller. Therefore maybe using the mic input as a line input for emergencies. Plug a phone in etc

true but it would be a great emergency back up if it worked,

Thanks DjKingBee

just got mine yesterday, horrible jog problem!! updated everything, checked reloop forums, ton of people having same problem, sucks man because i had a beatpad 1 for years and really loved it, plus the buzzin noize from bad plug, returned and got a 505, reloop has fell off…

That’s probably a smart decision man because my Mixon4 had a ton of problems right out of the box, I ended up getting the Roland 505 which I am in the process of mapping to djay already so far so good. and plenty of ins and outs , the only thing about using DJ for iPad once I get it Mapped, is I would have to use my powered USB hub. Which is really no big deal LOL

Thank you can’t wait to get it mapped already got one Deck Down other deck to go LOL

1 Like

I am personally scared to buy it because of lack of “analog mixer” on board.

I have had the Mixon 4 since Xmas and was able to do several gigs with it so far. I love it - The aux thing can be an issue for some but again just plug your ipad or Iphone in if the Laptop dies. The mic thing I plan on getting a PA mixer for not sure which one yet. I like that small Yamaha 10 one. but overall I like it just need more time to play with it. I sold my DDJ SR to get this and I don’t regret it. Still learing the samples and Pitch n time

IM I going to try this mic input thing and report back but I’ll have to find a tsr to headphone jack connector i think to connect my iPad or phone

Mixin 4 blows away DDJ SX 2 and DDJ SX 3 both on Djay Pro and Serato

1 Like