How to fix when the auto beat finder is off?

You can hook up your IDJ Pro to your laptop and use Traktor pro 2 though :slight_smile:
I have, its awesome…

I still have the iPad in the IDJ Pro with Traktor FX mapped to TouchOSC

You need a custom cable which you can buy only from here…
http://idjpro.wordpress.com/buy-the-c…

Buy Traktor pro (£89) Then map the IDJ Pro to Traktor. I never mapped mine as i was lucky enough for some chap to email me the mapping but it’s pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I can email you the map too if you like?

For the iPad download TouchOsc for iPad
Visit their website and download the other free programs you need to make it work. After that, your iPad is now a midi controller and you can create any template you wish, and map it to Traktor.

Oh BTW, it only works with a Mac. They are working on Windows…

Another +1 from me. Being able to manually adjust beat matching like Traktor does (across all platforms including iPhone app) would be a great fix – annoying that my iPhone app snaps to the wrong beat as I can mix well without monitors or pro kit when this works…

The algoriddim beat marker system is atrocious Could they at least give the option to disable it ?

I have several newly made high quality 2015 beatport EDM tracks that must change tempo or go out of beat during the break. They come back in at exactly the same bpm as the beginning of the song but now the beat grid is off. I know how to manually adjust the beatgrid and I have lined it up with the first half of the song but now the second half of the track is out off beat. If I change the beatgrid to match the second half of the song then the first half is off beat.

Is there a way to match the first half of the song and then match the second half of the song and let the grid split the difference and average it out during the break? If this is not possible is it at least possible to beatgrid the first part of the song and then beatgrid the second part of the song after the break? Maybe I could just tell it where to make a distinct change and then back.

Well, I spent a lot of time reading other peoples posts first and it seems like they where all getting frustrated about the lack of response. So how about an answer instead of a snotty comment.

All three threads where about the same topic so I will take my chances with which post they decide to respond to and/or which one is the active one.

Don’t know if this helps you out but I’ve been able to successfully get around this problem but it involves using my Numark idj Pro…

I cue the same track on both decks and set the beatgrid correctly on the first part of the song on the left deck then set the beatgrid correctly on the latter part of the song on the right deck…

Then l start both tracks simultaneously but have the fader to the left and record the track starting with the left deck using the record function on the iDj Pro…
Then slide the fader across to the right deck when the beatgrid on the right track is at the point of the track where it’s beatgrid correct…

Once it’s finished recording l rename it and open the track in itunes,convert it from wav file back to a 320kbps mp3 and save the finished track…

Yes it seems like a drawn out solution but in reality it doesn’t take very long to do…
I’ve done this a handful of times with successful results…

End result being a track that has the intro and break both beatgrid aligned…