macOS: "Title could not be loaded" djay 5.1.3 & 5.1.5

@PKtheDJ this is a different issue than the iOS one.

Hello everyone,

The engineering team has successfully reproduced the issue affecting MP3 and AIF file formats on macOS and they’re preparing a fix.

The problem primarily impacts users who store their MP3 files in a separate folder and manage them through iTunes, bypassing the iTunes file management option.

Immediate Workaround:

Users can add the folder containing the MP3 files directly to the ‘My Files’ (Finder) section in djay. This will make the songs accessible. Alternatively you can drag and drop the files from the Music App into djay.

2 Likes

@Slak_Jaw 100% confirmed solution
I have a music folder with 50.000+ files inside, dragged it to “My Files” and boom all tracks playable.
(Mac mini / Ventura / external SSD / 1 folder without subfolders / djay 5.1.5)

1 Like

That’s good news. Thanks for the follow up and sorry for the inconvenience. The team is working hard on a fix.

So happy, hope it works for the others. Great speed @Slak_Jaw!

That’s great to hear. You’re welcome!

1 Like

Yep files is a work around. I don’t really use Mac as have iPad and iPhone but yes using local files through my collection non load. Files does work, good work around until there’s a fix.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue.
Access thru Music.app, audio files stored on file server (=external volume), this never was a problem before.
Right click track and show in finder shows the correct audio file, dag 'n droping that audio file to the djay Deck loads it fine.

Just in case anyone missed this…

I lost all my collection (170.000 tracks) - could not load track. Thank you! Return on Rekordbox - more stable software.

1 Like

170,000 tracks! How do you remember what you have?

1 Like

I’ve been playing for many years
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 09.03.56

Happened to me last night. DJing a gala fundraiser with 300 attendees; couldn’t load tracks (Mac OS 13.6.3). DJay folder in my Finder did not have a "My Files"subfolder. Still moved all my music there (about 18K files), and still didn’t work. Finally used the tip below to right click the offending track to show in finder, then dragging the file to the DJay turntable; that worked. Was really stressful for a while. Very disappointed that Algoriddim didn’t QA this update better before releasing it. I hope they fix the bug soon!

1 Like

Thanks for the workaround. I’ve got my entire library stored on an external USB drive. I’m assuming you just drag the folder to the"My Collection" icon in the Djay Finder section? Will this then physically move the files to my Macbook’s SSD or is it just referencing the location on the USB drive? Thanks.

Just reference to your music folder (got mine in external ssd filder as well.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s worked a treat!

I am also experiencing issues when attempting to load non Apple purchased tracks. These are all tracks that worked previously, however, I now get the dreaded “could not load track there was a problem accessing the file”. Please fix this. Have upcoming gigs and this is going to cause me a great deal of inconvenience if I’m unable to use Djay Pro for these gigs.

1 Like
  • Device model MacBook Pro/18G/
  • Version of operating system: Sonoma 14.4.1
  • Version of djay : DJAY Pro 5.1.5
  • Hardware/controllers used: Numark NS6II

I updated to the latest version of Djay Pro AI Friday (Apr 19, 2024) and I can only access limited local music files while using Apple Music. I see others have had similar problems with IOS. But I haven’t seen any topics concerning problems with MacOS. The problems were noticed right before an easy gig that turned hard as I was troubleshooting shooting all throughout the gig. I toggled between Tidal/Apple Streaming Services, but i had certain local files I prefer to use. I honestly never immediately upgrade until a few weeks later, but i did it anyway as soon as the update was available because I wanted to use the Tidal Extension. Please let me know if a fix is in the eorks for MacOS and I will stop troubleshooting shooting on my own. Thanks/Greg.

Hi @Gregory_Canady, please use the search tool before creating new topics. I’ve merged yours with this one. Please see above. This is a known bug and there is a work around above.

1 Like

is there a time plan when the fix will be available? this is a serious issue and make it hard to trust any future updates. this caught many of us off-guard while going live on gigs

2 Likes