Midi Clock

I’m happy to see that this topic I started 3 years ago is still alive. I’ve very disappointed that Algoriddim has effectively ignored this request.

Initially I wanted the MIDI clock signal out to sync external gear. Clearly this has not happened but I’ve developed a work around that’s working fairly well.

I run the audio out of my Reloop Beatpad 1 into a Pioneer EFX 500 which uses beat detection to generate the midi clock. From there I sync external gear in the signal path.

The Pioneer EFX500 is an older piece of gear but is quite a fantastic bit of kit. It’s a great external FX unit and the fact that it’ll generate the clock signal fixes the problem for me. Plus the FX on it are a boatload easier to use than the clunky ones in Djay.

I hope this helps people who are in the same boat as me.

1 Like

Could you let us know if they are actually thinking of implementing this? or have they started working on this feature??
If you could point to alternatives for the time being that would be appreciated…
Thx

Update?? Please…

Keep on Dreaming!!! LOL- Ableton Link and Midi Clock were added as a request/Idea about 4 yrs ago i think … I truly believe this is not going to happen… The Rep says he will keep us posted but NADA… Don’t get me wrong I love the software but like I said it is just a feature that just fizzzzzled out…

Amen Bro!!!

+1 Would also like to sync my DMX lighting software.

Everything works fine.

• No Problem to sync other DJ-Apps with djay Pro for MacOS or iOS via Ableton Link.
  • No Problem to let other Apps control djay Pro (MacOs or iOS) via Ableton Link.
  • For me is still the problem, to control the lightning from djayPro via Ableton Link persists - maybe I’ll don’t understand Ableton Link - but i don’t get it running that djay Pro’s BPM is the Master for all linked devices that use Ableton Link ?!?

I know it, tried it also with Serato DJ and Ableton Link :-( 

But Serato DJ has an advantage against djay Pro - there is native support for it in SoundSwitch - you can synchronize the light with the BPM of the track currently played in Serato DJ.
djay Pro is great to let Friends on a Party playing the songs they like to hear :slight_smile:
If you wan’t sync light to BPM, IMO there is only one solution : Traktor.

Algoriddim must give us the Midi Clock from their beat detection, like Traktor Pro does. 
With this feature they can really name their software withe the Pro appendix.
Waveclock can do what Algoriddm don’t do or can’t do, but it costs more extra than Traktor Pro cost.
Pionoeers’s hardware >1000 Euro can be the missing link, but why to buy this if we are waiting over 4 years for a solution from Algoriddim? 
For me it’s no problem to purchase MIDI Clock as in App Feature dJay Pro for MacOS for 50 Euro, but they wan’t not offer this feature :frowning:
Spent 30 Euro’s on SoundSwitch, for some thing it is nice to have - for Pro is crap - I agree :slight_smile:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bpm sync to other daw.

I wanna sync to able ton please. Show me the way to do this. Please enable midi clock sync, at least sent as master. I NEED YOU to realize that!

exactly! having a live-set and playing in together in group!

Luis
I agree, but it is a needed feature (midi clock or ableton link) it is needed for performance instruments and lighting. As for Lucas I don’t even think he works for Algoriddim. I f he does he has no access to the people that can actually put forth a change in the software…basically he is the forum babysitter. They have agent opportunity to gain some users now that Pulselocker is defunct and streaming DJ’s who use Serato and Rekordbox have to start buying tunes again. I love the Spotify feature for back catalogue and obscure stuff…but would love to use a sampler and drum machine with Djay…as it stands it would sound like S@?&. He’ll even syncing up novation launchpad on the iPad choke full of loops would be awesome. I thinks it’s time we all make some noise so that Algoriddim hears what we want. It is a feature that is far over due. The minute there is decent streaming service on Serato or Rekordbox I’m switching just for the midi…Traktor is all but DOA on any updates or new hardware so it won’t be them! Algoriddim wake up!!! Get your head out of the beer steins Oktoberfest is over again! Every body just start posting " I want Ableton Link" on new threads so they get the picture.

Well the if your a Serato user rumor has it they are in talks with Deezer as soon as that happens a lot of us will jump ship. I see no added value to latest Djay update …still so many problems that weren’t addressed during beta testing. Anyone get their NAS library functioning properly? Or how about the awful sounding filter…at least they could get solid on the basics??? Fredrick I hope you listening to these concerns of your users. Ableton Live should be a top priority without it …I will man the lifeboats the seas are going to get rough out there.

Traktor will have streaming and subscription based service up and running in November time frame. Djay pro has no plans for Midi integration in 2018. Betas have not even a sign of integration on the latest beta released on Tuesday. Bad decision on upper management is causing a very promising app to go downhill fast. It will be joining the ranks like Deckadance … DOA!

Please, please do this. Forget all the other crap and do this!

Please add midi time clock out to the next version. it is really frustrating that you do not have this on there already. Mimicking Tracktors midi options would be a good starting point.

When will you guy add this to an update?? It is really needed!!!

MIDI clock Please!!!

Luke, can you be more specific. I think I speak for most of the people here, when I say to an official rep, is this issue being addressed, and will the update contain the midi clock?

1 Like

+1 sync