Serato crates showing empty in Djay

Thanks for the addition information @DJMrGray. Did allowing access to these folders help or are the songs still grayed out?

@Slak_Jaw No, Its like a never ending loop. When I click to give it access it brings up my Finder window to select the folder but it’s either 1 of 2 things. 1 - The folder doesnt show in the hard drive (via Djay Pro using the allow access button). If I open a separate window and find the file it’s there. 2 - is I will click on the folder where the music is but it never actually links it, it just goes back to the Allow Access to Folders pop up box in Djay Pro. I did add my hard drive as a source in the Finder tab in Djay Pro also to see if it would fix it but still nothing.

If your tracks are an external hd,.djay won’t see those serato crates
properly unless you convert the library to rekordbox XML and then back to
serato.

I use the agtr rekordbox conversion tool or the library management software
called Lexicon to do said work

You should be able.to.go.into system settings and then under security and
privacy settings.

In there there the a section called full disk access and if you add Djay to
that list that may deal with your issue

Todd Cameron

Thanks for the input @Deedot I did try the full disk access in the Mac settings and that didn’t do it. I suppose I can try the conversion tool but I may just stick with Serato until this is just as easy as plugging in. I really want to like it for the beat grid and Apple Music integration but this seems like too much work just to switch DJ platforms.

I absolutely want it for the stems/stems eq and the perfect beatgridding
and sold a ton of gear to.makemthe changeover and it’s been a process but I
feel like theres non point in stopping now

Todd Cameron

I heard about the agtr program and watched a Youtube video but I really don’t want to organize in Apple Music

1 Like

You don’t have to. You can organize in serato or traktor or rekordbox or
even Djay itself

Todd Cameron

1 Like

Oh really? That’s good news for me. I may have to get this program and give it a shot. Thank you! Did you get your issue fixed yet?

Thanks for the additional information @DJMrGray. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they have any suggestions. I’ll report back when I have news. Thanks!

Hi @DJMrGray, sorry for the delayed reply. I spoke with the engineering team and they’ve requested more information about your Serato library setup. For example do you symlink the audio files on the HDD somewhere on the local HDD and then add them to Serato?

My solution ended up being a conversion from my folder structure to apple music using lexicon because it was relatively fast, works seamlessly with djay and kept all my cue points in 58k+ tracks.

This is not ideal as I would like this to work without paying for multiple services every month especially with my current budget situation.

It’s not like I’m playing all these tracks (obviously) it’s that I might at any given time and the principal that things should work without so much hassle.

Cheers!

Hi @DJMrGray, I haven’t heard back from you on my post from 3 weeks ago so I’m going to consider this topic closed for now. Please feel free to respond if you’d like me to reopen it. Thanks!

I know I don’t and the problem continues for me. All my tracks are on my
internal drive in the music folder. Only 8000 or af 58000 show up

Todd Cameron

1 Like

I know I don’t and the problem continues for me. All my tracks are on my
internal drive in the music folder. Only 8000 or af 58000 show up

Todd Cameron

Would be really appreciated if Serato crates from external drives could be used in Djay.
Due to lack of integration with som other apps, I use Serato as “master” library management.

I have no issues seeing crates if they are on my locale drive but for some reason the crates do not update instantly in djay, but this is a minor issue compared to the lack of support with external drives.

Thanks

1 Like

If you use the ATGR apps, external crates do work.

Check his YouTube

1 Like

Not instant within the djay as how it should work.
I still use serato as library management and see no reason to migrate. The is likely the usecase for many users, why algoriddim made the integration to serato. Unfortunately it doesn’t work