Tracks skipping?

similar issue.
will post on a new thread since I’m on WIndows.

Hello folks… hmm I experience the same as described…
I am using mac mini i5 late 2012, internal ssd, music library on external Toshiba 3.0 usb hard drive…
the experience is that sometimes djay has to refresh by shortly RE-READ what is already read in and playing… NOT GOOD during live performance… COME ON, Djay programmers FIX IT! please…

I have seen others in here with skipping/ freezing issues even running from internal drive… so before relocating my library (which is much larger than space on internal drive :wink: I tried to run VIRTUAL DJ FREE and it worked just fine, even when loading music from external drive… NO SKIPPING and NO FREEZING AT ALL…
some time has passed and Im eventually about to realize, that Algoriddim doesn’t seem to be able to fix the freezing/skipping issue or intend to… :-/
So for live use ill be using another program…(Virtual dj or other) Djay simply not running smoothly and stable.

I have for some time been using Cross Dj ( payed version ) and it works perfect no skipping at all. Whether I use internal or external drive or soundcloud: NO SKIPPING !

I have the same problem. Macbook Pro Retina 15" with Toshiba 1tb external hard drive and usb 3.

I recently moved my files back on to my SSHD within my Macbook Pro and the skipping has completely went away. You would think with USB 3 the external hard drive would be fine.

Same here but it’s happening on one side only. Not good!

Hi Dimitris, i’ve JB System Kontrol 3 midi contoller but it don’t work with Dj Pro 1.4.3. software don’t ON my controller (Virtal dj8, yes)
Can you send me by mail your mapping file for JB System Kontrol 3 ! THANKS!

same problem what is being done?

very : (

My problem with skipping sorted itself by shutting down computer. I rang technical people who sold me my controller. It worked.

Any update with this has been happening me the last few gigs? very annoying!!

Hi warren, any update re this problem with skipping?

Same problem after upgrade to MacBook Air with Mavericks, internal SSD. Random skips happening live, every 3rd session starts skip already 1st track or within first 5 tracks. Never EVER had problems with old Mountain Lion Macbook. September update did not solve problem, nor did cleaning and rebuilding djay cache. Tried different bit depths, no change. Seriously considering Traktor only if it wasn’t so f.u.gly. Love djay! Please help!

Yes, indeed I have tried re-analyzing library and repairing permissions, with no change. I’m using a small speedlink sound card (formerly known under name “Vigo”) for pre-cue. Next I will try changing sound card, then rebuilding iTunes XML file and re-analyzing all over again.

here is output from Console:

10.10.14 0:15.19,000 kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff801fc72800]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (35f7,2c5)->(35fa,938).
10.10.14 0:15.19,000 kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff801fc72800]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (35fa,2c5)
10.10.14 0:25.52,000 kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff801f4b0200]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (129a,174)->(129d,480).
10.10.14 0:25.52,000 kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff801f4b0200]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (129d,174)
10.10.14 23:12.38,000 kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff8028823800]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (591,b42)->(594,2b82).
10.10.14 23:12.38,000 kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff8028823800]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (594,b42)

Indeed, I suspect now that Mavericks broke the sound card because I went back to test old Macbook and it works perfectly. It also plays without any skips when no sound card is near. That makes me think it is not dJay side of problem, its how Mavericks handles audio stream through aggregate device. I will try another sound card and report back. Thank You!

Yosemite 10.10 upgrade fixed skipping. No more “clipIfNecessary” errors in Console!

Update: under Yosemite, 10.0 skipping continued. I think problem was the corrupt iTunes library. Just re-creating dJay database or rebuilding iTunes libraries .itl or .xml did not help. The solution was adding tracks to brand new, empty iTunes, then playlists and then re-creating also dJay database. Lost over 4 years of making the cue points but at least it doesn’t skip any more.

Unfortunately the problem is not gone away. MacBook Air 2014/Yosemite. All latest updates installed (OS and dJay), Internal SDD. Only Mac OS and dJay app, no Adobe, Soundflower or other 3rd party Apps. Tracks skipping and slowing down randomly. Everything is reset, re-installed, re-imported. only 800 most used tracks from trusted source and my own vinyl rips, clean folders, correct permissions. Bought Traktor sound card - still skips and slowdowns. Can it be faulty MacBook afterall? Never had such problems with my 12 years old Powerbook or 7 years old macbook.