Using external USB sound card for pre-cueing - Windows Djay Pro

Keep in mind if you want real help in forums, you have to know what to be specific about. A “nice external USB DAC” is not very helpful in the context you used it. All this to say… what is the name of the DAC?

I have gotten it to work with a Denon MC2000 and Casio xw-dj1 with everything functioning as expected. It might be because of updates but the software works for me on Windows 10 Version
1709, OS Build 16299.371

Sorry, but why can’t you put your Output to 2 different Audio devices.
!! It is as simple as it is !!
Your developers are able to connect to one Output device.
They also will be able to connect to a second device and send the HeadPhone Output to that second one.
Other Software does this in that way with no Problems.
I’ve made many Partys using one Notebook with several USB Output devices for different Players. Some of them are able to Play to 2 devices at the same time.

Please try to Play to two different Sound devices at the same time. It is simple!!

Does it Play from Spotify ?

ZOOM U-24 Works!

After reading this post last week, i ordered a ZOOM U-24 from Amazon

https://www.amazon.de/ZOOM-U-24-Handy…
for EUR 89,70

After getting it today, i had to download the latest firmware und driver for windows 10 from https://www.zoom-na.com/products/prod…

Firmware installed.
Latest driver installed.

In Windows AudioPlayback Device Settings: I made Audio Interface “line zoom U-24 Audio” to be the default output, and there, in the properties of the device, i had to switch to mode “4 Chanel, 24 Bit, 44100 hz”

Now in DJay Pro App Audio Device Setting, i did: Line (Zoom U-24 Audio), NOT Exclusive Mode, Mixer Mode: Internal, NOT Split Output.

Now it Plays as suspected:
Line A as Stereo Main Ouput,
Line B (or directly connected Headphone) as DJay’s Stereo pre Cueing Output.

Hope this would help.

I also have an ESI Maya 44, however, I’m not able to configure the decks and the pre-cueing. What did you do exactly? Have you perhaps not the Windows version of djay pro, but an appleversion?

It’s going to be amazing when you sort out this issue Lukas, cannot wait

Lukas,

I purchased the Windows Djay Pro software a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been trying to set it up with my Reloop Play external sound card. The audio device appears as Headphones (RELOOP PLAY) and Speakers (RELOOP PLAY). Choosing one of these seems to put the audio out on one of the different channels on my Reloop Play, however I’m unable to assign one of the the channels to one of the two decks and the other channel to the other deck, as I would for Pre-Cueing.

By reading your posts in this thread I assume your are working on a fix for this bug. Can you provide some information on when this will be in place. I think it’s a bit disappointing that you’re selling the Windows version of your software as an actual release with such a critical bug at it’s center. It doesn’t seem very pro to me. I would understand it if this was a beta version, but as far as I can see you’re charging full price for this software. Do you know any work around’s? Is the Griffin DJ Cable and the split output functionality working as intended?

I think I’ve figured out how to get it to work. All you need to do is get both audio devices working at the same time. I have a realtek HD audio adapter with an external USB soundcard, so I was able to follow these instructions on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV46U…
All I did in Djay Pro was then to use the Realtek HD audio as master, and set split output in DJay Pro settings.

It worked for me.

Would like to comment that my initial findings were wrong, I couldn’t pre-cue. It’s such an essential function for this software as not everyone has a DJ controller to pre-cue. Can Algoriddim please sort this out!

You guys should really give us the ability to download the Mac version as part of our original purchase until this issue is fixed. I’m regretting buying the windows version now :frowning:

It seems that I will have to get a controller with a soundcard installed to fully appreciate djay pro which means what I have so far is heading to ebay

I have to obtain a fully fledge controller so I can pre cue properly which is a shame as the app is a work of art but will put a lot of people off until this is fixed. Traktor is good and serato is industry standard but until djay pro can sort pre cue out it will always come third or even 4th

Woah I’m very glad I read this thread before purchasing this software. Is there any timeline on when this problem will be solved? To be honest this software is pretty useless without the ability to pre-cue

Just let me know when you guys fix the pre-cue for windows, then I might be inclined to purchase. Until then i’m just going to continue using serato.

Did not work. the only thing it did was allow the pre-cue to be heard threw the entire system

Hi Lukas,

I have an 8 channel ASIO sound card (Roland OctaCapture).

“you can use external USB devices which have 4 channels so djay assigns 2 of them for the master and 2 for pre cueing.”

Does this happen automatically or do i need to run that workaround you mentioned above first? If automatic, the stereo headphones automatically are linked with Channel 1 & 2, so would that then become the pre-cueing channels by default and then Channels 3 & 4 become the actual Stereo Output?

Thanks,

Hi Lukas, unfortunately the workaround did not work as stated by others above. If you have other suggestions, im all ears… or perhaps explain how this worked for you in some more detail. I have tried moving the cue/mix slider around and it doesnt help. I just get the same sound in 4 speakers. The only thing that i did to get this to work was split 1 channel into 2 and run those into the L+R outputs, leaving the remaining channel for cueing. This works if youre happy with mono in 2 speakers (instead of stereo), however pls keep us updated on the actual fix (as Mac’s have).

Can confirm this did not work also.

Worked perfectly fine for me! Thank you very much!
Had the issue with my ESI U46 XL but working now thanks to the fix.