Ableton Link

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
Wouldn't it be nice to sync djay with all those nice iOS drum machines?
Djay on the iPad and elastic drums on the iPhone all in sync. That would be great.
The sdk seems to be free and easy from Ableton.
https://www.ableton.com/en/link/
Plus it would be great for Ping Pong djay sessions.
Photo of Max

Max

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Poctuk

Poctuk

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
more and more apps are coming out with Ableton Link. The possibilities are endless. Honestly if Djay isn’t part of it they are cutting themselves out. Cross DJ has it and it works great! My Djay use has dropped significantly (Although Algoriddim don’t care. I already paid for it)
Photo of James

James

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please add Ableton Link to the iOS version and also Midi Mapping it would make this app the ultimate, right now DJay 2 and DJay Pro are great software but with limited applications.

They've done well to get ahead, now to stay ahead they need these functions otherwise will get overtaken by the DJ Player and Cross DJ Pro apps
Photo of David Jefersen

David Jefersen

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here's the one I've been beta testing the last year. Link, AU hosting for FX, generic MIDI controller compatibility. I was skeptical about the earlier designs, but now it's on another level. Hope it does well: http://cdm.link/2017/12/soda-finally-...
Photo of David Jefersen

David Jefersen

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
out now, see ya Algoriddim:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/soda-...
Photo of Hans von Freymacher

Hans von Freymacher

• 88 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I wish algoriddim would get their move on! It's only unique feature is still the Spotify Colab. As soon as another dj app (Traktor) gets that or the apple counterpart... Good luck
Photo of Chony Milecki

Chony Milecki

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm on board with this. I downloaded djay but absolutely must have Ableton link for djay to reach its fullest potential!

PLEASE GIVE US ABLETON LINK!!!
Photo of Chony Milecki

Chony Milecki

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There's already 156 apps using Ableton Link including Traktor. Why not djay?

https://www.ableton.com/en/link/apps/
Photo of Garrett Gregory

Garrett Gregory

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

I love DJAY, it was my first DJ software, and it's been awesome to see it evolve over the years. However, I've been searching for an upgrade to my BeatPad, and I'm heavily leaning towards a DDJ-SX2/Serato setup solely because if it's integration with Link.

If DJAY Pro was Link compatible, I would happily be spinning a Mixon 4/DJAY Pro setup. I'm planning on making the upgrade within a few months.

I hope to hear an announcement soon, so I don't have to say goodbye to my DJAY cue points and one-shots.
(Edited)
Photo of Jason Beyers

Jason Beyers

• 27 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The lack of ableton link or midi clock output is the only thing keeping me from using djay. It's amazing software but these are glaring omissions. Please add!
Photo of jayneural

jayneural

• 122 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Yet another major feature in the list of most missed features when using Djay “Pro”:
- DVS support
- External output/input routing
- More advanced MIDI mapping on desktop and actual feature on iOS
- Apple Music support
- Ableton Link and/or send MIDI clock.

I was expecting them to tick at least one box per year but it looks like they are lagging behind, although the app looks to be quite a success and bring quite some revenue.

Growth crisis at Algoriddim?
Photo of DJ Stratoferris

DJ Stratoferris

• 24 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Jayneural. I fell your pain! When I was beta test 2.0 I was disappointed in what was being offered as a major upgrade. We asked for many things such as Ableton link , ISO EQ’s, and a filter that didn’t sound like a tin can. As you can see it fell on deaf ears. It has nothing to do with licensing because small developers have it built into so many iOS apps. I would even pay as an add-on... it’s not like they don’t rip us off on built in effects. It’s only a matter of time until Serato or Rekordbox get a reliable streaming service like Spotify or Apple Music. Traktor unfortunately seems to be more focused on production and my opinion is they are just slowly getting out of the Dj game. Maybe Algoriddim could scoop up thier programmers and finally implement some sort of midi clock function?
Photo of Sinan Koca

Sinan Koca

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
We all would pay extra as an add-on...no problem at all. COME ONNN ALGORIDM...PLEASE MAKE ABLETON LINK AVAILABLE TO YOUR LOYAL USERS.
Photo of Iván Montenegro

Iván Montenegro

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
PLEEAAAASE, ITS THE UNIQUE THING THAT LEFT AND YOU WILL MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY
Photo of Djangel Alex

Djangel Alex

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I really would love to see ableton link in it too !!!!
Photo of Jason Beyers

Jason Beyers

• 27 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is the 3rd most requested feature in these forums, after Spotify Offline and Midi Learn on iPad. Spotify offline isn't even technically possible so this really feels like the #2 realistic feature.

Really really hoping someone at Algoriddim sees these forums. If we can't get Ableton Link, could we at least get MIDI clock out? I really want to like Djay Pro but the wait for these features is agonizing.
Photo of anr

anr

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any official word from the company? Adding Link to both iOS and desktop versions would be killer!
Photo of William Francis

William Francis

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I also would really like to see Ableton Link integrated. It is open sourced so I cant see any reason it shouldn't be implemented into the software. Would be cool to be finally able to use my Soundswitch module with Djay Pro since they added Ableton Link support to their software. It would take Djay Pro software to the next level.
Photo of sven van bavel

sven van bavel

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
+1
Photo of Gavin Hume

Gavin Hume

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
+1
Photo of ryan leatherwood

ryan leatherwood

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I see the new IOS app DJAY PRO2 now has Ableton link. Thank you for all ya'll do and an amazing Spotify integration. Please PLEASE update the Mac version soon.
Photo of DJ Stratoferris

DJ Stratoferris

• 24 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Ok ...it’s official Djay Pro will be Vaporware in about 2 months. Beatport Link is now coming online! Rekordbox, Traktor and Serato all onboard! Pulselocker tech for storing tunes on the go....priceless! And you can buy the tune outright if you want. I guess I’ll be getting Ableton Link after all via Serato. Lucas I believe they are hiring over at NI?
Photo of Luca Camporese

Luca Camporese

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, could you clarify me the meaning of this? Thanks
Photo of Jason Beyers

Jason Beyers

• 27 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The wait for this is agonizing, especially since the iOS version has had it for 5 months now.
Photo of David

David, Official Rep

• 108 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
We've had to make substantial changes to djay Pro's underlying sync engine to add support for Ableton Link on iOS. So it'll require extensive testing and adjustments on the other platforms as well before we can officially support it on those platforms. We have it on our roadmap for Mac of course, I just can't make any promises as to a date yet. Sorry for the wait on this and thanks for your understanding.
Photo of Jake

Jake

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I’ve switched to Tidal and Serato to get SoundSwitch integration, but as soon as you add Link to the desktop version I will switch back! Bonus points for SoundSwitch integration!!!

I don’t have a decent iPad and I can’t DJ without a keyboard and mouse anyway.
Photo of Jerome

Jerome

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
And I cannot imagine to mix with a keyboard ans a mouse anymore impo! ;-)
New Djay version for iPad/iPhone is just excellent now. Good job to the devs that included a bunch of our requests, for a annual subscription but anyway it worth it.