• 0 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Bernardo Gameiro

Bernardo Gameiro

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
That's a good idea.
With two of the most powerful platforms of streaming, algoriddim's djay will be one of the best softwares to digital djing.

Bernardo Gameiro

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Please comment and share to make it possible
Photo of Alfredo Del Castillo

Alfredo Del Castillo

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Yes!!! I can't wait to this new performance!!! I hope that happen soon!!!
Photo of Will IEVER

Will IEVER

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yup Asaph please
Photo of Marcus Sullivan

Marcus Sullivan

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
bring it
Photo of Adrian

Adrian, Official Rep

• 809 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
Unfortunately there is currently no way for 3rd-party apps such as djay to play songs from Apple Music. If we have any news on that, we'll let you know!
Photo of Philipp S

Philipp S

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
So why is Spotify working with DjayPro?
Photo of Deejay Dave

Deejay Dave

• 332 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
As said the problem lies within Apple Music NOT Djay Pro.
Photo of eric miller

eric miller

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
What about hooking up iPods, iPhones up to Mac book pro while Djay pro is in use... Can Djay pro recognize the usb connect?
Photo of Dig Life

Dig Life

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That will change in IOS 11!! Developers will have access to the Apple Music API...are you guys going to develop it?
Photo of Michael Hofer

Michael Hofer

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a plan to integrate Apple Music?.

Hi there,
is it planned to integrate Apple Music?
Photo of Carlos-Javier Amaya

Carlos-Javier Amaya

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Apple Music integration on Djay Pro for mac?.

Hey, I would like to know if you have plans to update Djay Pro for mac in order to integrate it with apple music! Thanks!
Photo of Francisco Roldán Jiménez

Francisco Roldán Jiménez

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Do you plan to integrate AppleMusic in Djay Pro in the same way as Spotify?.
Photo of Alfredo Del Castillo

Alfredo Del Castillo

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When Djay running my Apple Music library???.

I want use Apple Music service the same form with Spotify under Djay.

Bernardo Gameiro

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Bernardo Gameiro

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Survey about apple music integration

Sorry, in the comment above, the survey doesn't work... My bad.
Please answer in the link above.

Bernardo Gameiro

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
If you want to know the answers click in the link below:

Click here
Photo of Lexy Walker

Lexy Walker

• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Apple Music tracks are protected by DRM, so they'll only open in iTunes and QuickTime. Apple Music integration will probably never happen in Djay.
Photo of Däve Small

Däve Small

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
But this is also the case with Spotify, isn't it? Surely Apple could build an API to support third party apps
Photo of Deejay Dave

Deejay Dave

• 332 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Barking up the wrong tree I'd assume.
Photo of Jordan Cowan

Jordan Cowan

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
MegaSeg works with Apple Music (it's advertised to work with purchased DRM and FairPlay songs, and sure enough it works with Apple Music FairPlay 2.0). So how do they implement it?
Photo of GeraldDjgeraldPhillyFleming

GeraldDjgeraldPhillyFleming

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Please add Youtube Red Video & Youtube Red Music capabilities to Djay Pro.

Since Apple Music won't budge , , , then let's create a backdoor to satisfy DJay Pro customers who purchased the software.

Start negotiating with Youtube and I'm pretty sure they would be more than willing to partner with Algoriddim & DJay Pro Software.
Photo of Brett Hays

Brett Hays

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Does this open the door for Spotify type integration?

http://9to5mac.com/2016/02/22/iso-9-3...
Photo of lpnorm

lpnorm

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Indeed, I just downloaded the demo for MegaSeg and it plays my Apple Music files.
Photo of Nicolas L'herbette

Nicolas L'herbette

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Strange...perhaps its too expensive for ALGORIDDIM and not for megaseg?
Also Pacemaker gave an answer on their Facebook page saying that they're working on it..
Wait and see..
Photo of James Alexander

James Alexander

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just waiting for Apple Music to work. Has to be a way to work it out.
Photo of Sam Sassoli

Sam Sassoli

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Does anyone know if it is possible to access the files locally stored by Apple Music in Djay pro?
So I'll be able to use those files without an internet connection.
Thanks
Photo of Deejay Dave

Deejay Dave

• 332 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
Wouldn't that be a little backwards when you can't even access local spotify files and spotify IS supported................ unlike Apple Music.
Photo of jayneural

jayneural

• 122 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
If MegaSeg does this, there's no reason for others to do it.

Besides that MegaSeg is intended for broadcast so if it was actually an illegal integration, Apple or content owners would have requested MegaSeg to remove the feature and would have sued them if they didn't.
Photo of Deejay Dave

Deejay Dave

• 332 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
You MAY want to browse Megaseg's FAQ section on their legal policies.

"As far as music licensing goes, MegaSeg is simply a playback tool, similar to a CD player and mixer. Using iTunes you can transfer your CD’s to your computer and then import and play them in MegaSeg. Transferring your own CD’s to your hard drive is like making a backup copy of a software program. If you get rid of your original CD, you are required to delete the backup copy too.

Another example is when you make a mix CD of your favorite songs from your own CD’s to play in the car. It’s for your own use, and just the same, the sound files extracted from your CD’s are personal copies of the music you already own.

However, when it comes to public performance rights, each individual venue or station you perform at should be ASCAP and BMI licensed, which would cover the music you play from their catalogs. Some streaming providers also handle licensing via an “umbrella” plan, meaning all broadcasters that use the service are automatically licensed as long as you follow their streaming rules."

Does this sound like you are publicly allowed to do any of this without purchasing broadcasting licenses? With Pulselocker no such licenses are needed for commercial use...............
Photo of jayneural

jayneural

• 122 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Well I didn't say one could do anything he wants with music coming from subscription services or even his own local library (stream it, broadcast it etc...). Of course you need a licence for that. Content owners and authors deserve rights to their creations.

What I'm just saying is : support of Apple Music on MegaSeg illustrates the fact that any piece of software that is normally designed for broadcasting, Pro djing can integrate this feature without being sued or requested to remove it.

The rights and licensing should be managed the same way as they are currently managed when a DJ plays a track through his local library.

People can technically already broadcast, mix and even record Apple Music or Spotify music publicly illegally whether they use DJing software or the official app of the streaming service.

Streaming or local library shouldn't change anything to the way you manage the licensing. For me it's just another type of media.

I just hope licensing is not just a public excuse from djing software companies (not Algoriddim in particular) to not include the feature until they find an agreement where they're monetizing the integration. Just as what happens with hardware support and sound cards DVS support.

This kind of business model is a lose-lose situation that should not be replicated. Of course those companies need money, things don't get coded by themselves. But a preferable business model would be one that gives choice to the customer and the customer possibly pays more as he gets more features. I would definitely pay more to buy Djay Pro or Traktor Pro, or Serato with Apple Music integration.
(Edited)
Photo of Deejay Dave

Deejay Dave

• 332 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
The problem becomes the end users. Megaseg is a product marketed toward industry professionals who generally keep things legit by nature. Furthermore it is not very widely known. Djay pro is market heavily toward hobbyist/beginner dj's and it becomes a matter of facilitating. Algorriddim has an excellent relationship with Apple (notice djay pro is Mac only and iOS only) yet they have still not added this simple feature so one may be inclined to conclude there may be an underlying reason for it all..............: