Are you planning to add play count integration?

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
Lots of my smart playlists on iTunes have play counts integrated and I would like the Djay app to update those play counts to accurately reflect what I play out.
Is this a feature that can be added? If so, when are you planning to implement it?

Would using iTunes Match solve this issue?
Thanks
Photo of Paul Synnerg

Paul Synnerg

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • indifferent

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Charles Glaspole

Charles Glaspole

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
YES a thousand times YES.
Photo of Daniel Scotcher-Photography

Daniel Scotcher-Photography

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes this would be very good to have as i never know when i have already played the song
Photo of russmoore07

russmoore07

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any update this this?
Photo of Q

Q

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
iPhone and iPad
Photo of russmoore07

russmoore07

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
bump
Photo of Anders

Anders, Official Rep

• 249 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Official Response
Unfortunately iOS doesn’t currently allow to update the play count in the music library, since the library is read-only. We have requested the ability to update the play count from Apple, so hopefully this will be possible in a future iOS version.
Photo of Thomas Koppensteiner

Thomas Koppensteiner

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Will it be possible with iOS 8?

Thomas Koppensteiner

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can the itunes library / the play count on the mac be updated by djay? That would be a very cool feature for me!
Photo of russmoore07

russmoore07

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I see the new version is out.. Does it keep track of playcount as of yet?
Photo of russmoore07

russmoore07

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just downloaded it.. The answer looks to be a big no.. That's too bad. I would use this exclusively . I need playcounts to keep track of my playlists and how they update.
Photo of Anders

Anders, Official Rep

• 249 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Unfortunately iOS doesn’t currently allow to update the play count in the music library, so it’s not possible to implement this feature for us. :(
Photo of Q

Q

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I make my ringtones and text tones with this app to its better than any ringtone app out there.... I record it and the playback don't lose no quality....i wonder if they have changed it were it save the recordings in m4p
Photo of thermopyl

thermopyl

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How about on the Mac version, Anders?
Photo of David Williamson

David Williamson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Instead of updating the play count in the itunes library, can't djay 2 just keep track of the songs played all on it's own? There could be a button somewhere to reset the count for each session. I'd guess that most event DJs would only want to see a play count for that event, and then would want to reset the count for the next night/event.

I'd think that wouldn't be too hard to do, simply keeping a log of what's been playing with a timestamp, and then clearing that log whenever the user taps a button. The only alternative is writing down each song as you play it...bummer.

Thomas Koppensteiner

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think this is a good idea, but a different use case.
Photo of iRWeasel

iRWeasel

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

this would be a very useful feature for Pro Dj's, a list showing top 100 tracks played on a continuously updating basis, plus a play count for all tracks played, kept within DjPro, nothing to do with iTunes.

rgds Tim
Photo of Eric M

Eric M

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thinking about this, since you can export the playlist (at least on the mac version I am not sure about the iOS versions), if you export the playlist at the end of your set, then you could create playlists within iTunes to reflect what you played. Not a true count list sure, but you could track what it is a bit more.
Photo of DJTechnoGeezer

DJTechnoGeezer

• 276 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
There may not be an API for this but AppleScript can update this count. So it is very much possible to do. I have an AppleScript made by Doug Adams (dougscripts.com) that I paid a donation to. Now I have a pulldown option in iTunes that lets me make the count anything I want for any selected song or songs. This tells me that it is likely possible to make DJay do this too. I am not sure it would be super high on the priority list but I think it would be a cool feature option.
Photo of davemcollins

davemcollins

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I can’t believe this was requested SIX years ago and still hasn’t been implemented. I love djay Pro but how does it STILL not have Play Count?!?! Every other DJ software has it...
Photo of russmoore07

russmoore07

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I dont use this software because of this issue.. What is everyone using to play and manage music now?