Connecting DJay Pro with CDJ2000

Hey guys! I’ve tried searching for this but an exact answer didn’t come up.

Normally when I play clubs where they have a huge mixer like Pioneer CDJ2000 I play from a USB, and if I play bars I bring my computer and my portable Hercules Mixer.

Next month I got booked for something where it’s big pult (the CDJ2000) and I wanna bring my computer, as I need to use Spotify for this.

My question is - how do you connect the 2? Like which cables do I need to bring and which inputs and outputs do I use? Is the syncing stable and reliable?

Thanks guys!

You can’t use Djay Pro with CDJs as far as I’m aware. You might be able to get mappings for your Hercules controller. Hoping someone else on here can help you or confirm that.

Hey there,

the CDJ2000 are natively supported by djay Pro, also if your mixer is having an external mixer, i would recommend working in that mode with the two CDJ2000. You can find detailed info about setting up the CDJ’s with an external mixer in the djay Pro manual (cmd + ?).

Hope this is helping.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hey,

the CDJ 2000’s come with an USB cable (Type A to Type B). Connect those two to the USB ports of your Mac and you are good to go :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Lukas E. 

The two cables go in the decks and in your Mac (2 USB ports needed) and have this ending for the CDJ2000 connection:

You can see the connecter here:

Hope this is helping.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

I think it is possible. The guy is doing it here:
http://community.algoriddim.com/algor…

I just don’t know how he connects the 2.

Hey Lukas,

Thanks for the reply.

But how do you connect the 2 though? That’s my main problem. What cables do you use to get the info from the mac to the CDJ2000?

Hey again Lukas,

Thanks for your reply again! I just need one thing clarified - just so I don’t show up there and the cables are missing. You’re saying I need 2 usb cables? Like this one? (Usb to usb)
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.c…

And they go in my Mac’s 2 usb ports and then one in each of the decks?

THANK YOU!