Crashing problem for dj2 and the new iPad 2018

I recently got the ipad 2018 128 giga cell and I have the dj2 application updated with the pioneer wego3. I’ve made six sets with the new iPad and in the three sets while I was playing the application was shut down suddenly! the ipad showed that it was going off without an error and in a few seconds came back asking me to unlock it. in the last set It did it twice. when I started playing after two hours and after about two hours again. in just two sets did not stop, on three it did it once and now 2 times! I am afraid every moment if it happens again! what happens? with the ipad air and without the last upgrading of dj2 I did not have any issue for at least 5 years ! Any idea ?

Did you try a different cord?
How are these devices attached? You’d be surprised to find out it could be the connection. Learned that the hard way years ago. Just a thought.

Lukas thanks for the fast respons!! where can i sent you the crach report? to what mail i mean can I send you the file?

Lukas i sent 2 reports with some new details! please check it out!!!

Jeff i sent the crash file report and im waiting for the solution! I still have at least one crash in any set with the new iPad 2018!

Jeff sent a report if all goes well!! I have the djay pro too! And also a gig tomorrow night! Good luck!

The crashing problems are still there!!! I recently play 2 gigs with my reloop beatpad 1 and the dj pro app. There was at list two freezings at the sound of the songs! The ipad was playing, at the headphones a could hear the song but output there was a stable noise with no song at all (I change rca etc- no cable problems or output )!!! I post this because i still suspects that the new ipad 2018 don’t have compatibility with older controllers like wego3 and beatpad 1.
So you algoriddim work together with pioneer and reloop and at your site you provide this controllers. I have a better and a faster ipad but a have to change controller??? Also yesterday Friday night I played with an iPad Air I find with my wego3 and there was no crashing problems with the djay 2. So what…?
If a had to by a new midi what would this could be? The wego4? Please ask your cooperations!!! Ask them to find a solution with e firmware maby! These are lots of money to buy new controller!!
Also I bought the newest app Djay of you. I tried it with the wego3 and the new iPad 2018. The wego3 after a while freez and the app was playing but no sound! Please help. Look at my mails again. I by a new iPad and i loose money! I don’t know with what equipment have to go to my gigs!!! (At the classic choice of the new app when I choose music to see all songs the app crash!!! On the two decks its ok.) thanks for the general support. Please find something for all these matters! I also sent at pioneer and they’re are checking out! Maybe you can ask also Apple! I’m desperate!!!

In about 6 hours set it happens at least two times!!! No Luckas, at this time the djay have no crash. It still works and I hear the song at the headphones normally. After some seconds I play the other wheel and its ok!!
The thing is as i can understand the compatibility of the controller (reloop beatpad-wego3) and the new ipad!!!

Same things Jeff!!! No file crash report for djay and the iPad reboot of its own!!! Jeff the thing is that algoriddim apple reloop and pioneer have to cooperate to find a solution!!! Maybe a firmware update for the controllers!!!

Thanks Fred for the advice!!! Of the other hand if I’ll try to change the cords it will be a cost and probably have to order them from the companys!!! You have a point anyway!!!

Hi there,

thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear that.

In order to get this problem fixed, we need to know, what exactly is causing the crash. 

Therefore we kindly ask for your help: Can you send us the Crash Report? It can be generated by following these instructions (Don’t worry, it’s really a straightforward process):

http://www.ondemandworld.com/how-to-find-crash-logs/

Thank you in advance and feel free to share any feedback about djay with us.

Hi Gri,

please sent it to support@algoriddim.com.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi there,

we received your mails and replied to you.

Please stay with the email conversation, we will do our best in order to provide a solution as fast as possible.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Hi Gri,

I am very sorry to hear that.

How often is the output corrupted? Also is djay crashing (shutting down by its own)?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

I am having the same problem with Djay 2 can you let me know what the solution is? Thank you DJ Jeff

I just downloaded DJay Pro it seems more stable and is mapped to my Numark iDjpro controller. I have a gig tomorrow, I’m crossing my fingers. Thanks for the update!

I’m also having the a similar issue. I have a 2018 iPad and use it with a Beatpad 2. I had a gig over the weekend and the dJay pro app begin to slow down the track and it just froze and rebooted the whole iPad on it’s own.

I erased the iPad and only installed Djay pro. Another issue that I will experience is that the track will play but I can’t stop it either by pushing the controller button or the button on the UI. This issue has occurred again.

I checked the logs and there was no .crash file. However, I did notice a log entry of:

Date/Time: 2019-01-14 18:20:34 -0800
End time: 2019-01-14 18:20:44 -0800
OS Version: iPhone OS 12.1.1 (Build 16C50)
Architecture: arm64
Report Version: 27
Incident Identifier: E0B4A4F0-D5AA-48F5-9C8C-CE3C117675DB

Data Source: Microstackshots
Shared Cache: 0x24a9c000 D5B72E39-AD06-3754-AAD1-906209895AB5

Command: djay
Path: /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/6AF7B02B-9030-4303-8222-5F08E3DFF299/djay.app/djay
Identifier: com.algoriddim.djay-iphone-free
Version: 3.0.3 (33388)
Beta Identifier: 26331DC8-217E-4829-8E57-103BED0E59C2
PID: 576

Event: wakeups
Action taken: none
Wakeups: 45001 wakeups over the last 214 seconds (210 wakeups per second average), exceeding limit of 150 wakeups per second over 300 seconds
Wakeups limit: 45000
Limit duration: 300s
Wakeups caused: 45001
Duration: 10.02s
Steps: 11

Hardware model: iPad7,5
Active cpus: 2
Boot args:

Any ideas?

Thanks!