Denon DN-MC6000 is Mapped (by me) for djay Pro!

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
I have it all working except the lights under the buttons and I am hoping to hear back to see if this is possible.

I am glad to share but I will wait to hear from Warren to see if this is allowed.
Photo of djmagicmoments

djmagicmoments

• 837 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Lennart K

Lennart K

• 23 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I don't think it would be a problem if you share your Mapping (correct me if I'm wrong).
I don't own that controller, but have you tried turning midi out on? It's a bit hidden in the Midi-Mapping window. Its in the advanced Options. (left hand bottom side of the window.)

Hope this helps ;)

Lennart
Photo of djmagicmoments

djmagicmoments

• 837 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
What does turning that on do?
Photo of Gert De Vuyst

Gert De Vuyst

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello!!
Yes!! how can I get this mapping? I have a denon mc6000 and want to use djay pro!
Photo of miniscan

miniscan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
How can i download the Mapping?
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Not all software support light activation in the setup. Traktor does I know. It's like programming binary 1 on / 0 off. I think someone was suggesting you try the midi out section to see if it will send the command to the controller telling it to activate the lights. Not sure myself if that will work or not. But it couldn't hurt to try.
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Why would sharing midi mapping not be allowed? All you got to do is post the file in your drop box and give people the link. MIDI mapping isn't something that affects the company or the software application. People have been sharing their mappings for years
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Now that I think about it when I mapped the original DJay app to my launchpad the LEDs didnt light up... But I really didn't put much time in it. I was just bored messing around with it. Only spent like 30 minutes on it at most
Photo of Lennart K

Lennart K

• 23 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
As far as my quick google research results the LEDs are midi mappable.
You have to send the right note to turn them on and off again. In the manual should be more information regarding this topic.
I've made a custom mapping for my (cheap) Hercules controller and the Manual gave a full overview of what is mappable and how the commands have to be set up.

So I'd say: Just experiment. As far as I know you can't brick your controller by sending Midi messages to it. ;)
Photo of djmagicmoments

djmagicmoments

• 837 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
I have no problem sharing but let me test it out tonight...
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Mapping midi won't break it that's for sure. Just programming it in correctly will make things not work correctly being used. I like traktors mapping more than others. It's very detailed and offers way more functionality than others. It can be overwhelming for some people though
Photo of Lennart K

Lennart K

• 23 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
True words! But i don't know how how that piece of hardware will react if you send the wildest Midi things to it. Some Midi devices (Like Keyboads) have the ability to update their software via midi.
Photo of djmagicmoments

djmagicmoments

• 837 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
What you can send from djay pro is minimal. I see no where to turn on lights but I will keep trying.
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
It's prob not a supported feature and you will have to wait for DJay Pro 2 for that feature and repurchase it
Photo of Phil Brown

Phil Brown

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've started to map my MC6000 with djay and am impressed so far. The one thing I can't get right is the channels, crossfader and cueing. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

What do I need to set under preferences? Currently I have main output and pre-cueing both set to ch1-2. Channel 2 and 3 on the MC6000 are both set to midi.

Any help would be much appreciated. As a mobile DJ, Spotify integration is the key selling point for me, so if I can get it working and stable with my MC6000, this might just replace Tractor!
Photo of Krister Bergh

Krister Bergh

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi !
I would REEEALY like to have this mapping!
Started to try myself but i did not get far...

So, when it is ready, please do share!

//DJ Kobe
Photo of Warren

Warren

• 3800 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Hi Everyone,

Really sorry for the late reply.

LED lights can usually be mapped by simply enabling "MIDI Out" under the "Advanced Options" in the configuration window.
Photo of djmagicmoments

djmagicmoments

• 837 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Nope, another thing that just doesn't work.
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Okay first making the buttons light up is tricky. It requires you slide the control fader till the button you want lit appears. It also requires the proper channel to be selected
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Why the pictures come out sideways, I'm not sure
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
If Algoriddim would like to put me on the payroll I'll be happy to create tutorials on how to use their software but until that happens that's about as detailed as I'm going to get. Also it took me less than 1 min to program the LEDs to activate. Sure it's a launchpad. Not the 6000 but in reality they're all midi controllers and work in the same fashion.
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Oh and this also works the same way in the orignal DJay also... Totally forgot I did program the leds when first bought it in September
Photo of djmagicmoments

djmagicmoments

• 837 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Thanks Jason, the 6000 is different. I tried exactly what you suggested on every channel and no luck.

I have given up with this... requested a refund.
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
I've got a few different midi controllers. Not the 6000 though and I bet I can map everyone of them to turn the leds on and off. I'm just sayin' ... Unless there is some out of the ordinary problem with the 6000 it should function just like any other midi controller. The launchpad is a perfect midi device when it comes to this situation because you can see what lights up when you slowly slide the control fader from left to right. I bet if you try really really hard you can get it to work DJ Magic Moments
Photo of Jason Vice

Jason Vice

• 149 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Should have caught Serato Dj when it was bundled with Serarto video for $99 ... Totally worth it and I bet the 6000 is already mapped for it