Denon MCX 8000

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
When are you going to support the new Denon MCX8000?
Photo of Radu Alexandru Sipetan

Radu Alexandru Sipetan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ron G. L Williams

Ron G. L Williams

• 21 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Sounds good to me, because the pioneers are natively supported, but I like the Denon
Photo of Poor Ragged Rascal

Poor Ragged Rascal

• 18 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
I tried all the controllers at my local guitar center. This won hands down. Had intended to purchase a pioneer but for the money and what you get, you can't beat the MCX8000. Matching the best controller with the best software, which in my opinion is Djay Pro, would be a match made in heaven. I may be forced to use Serato in the mean time though. I'm probably going to do the trial of Pulselocker, even though I know it's not going to compare to Spotify.

I'm also working on a mapping for the MCX8000 for Djay pro, which will be enough to get by, but it's just not the same as if it were natively supported. I'll be sharing my mapping soon. Cheers
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Soooooo you want to dj with software that's not for commercial use.

Poor Ragged Rascal

• 18 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Actually I'd just like to use my MCX8000 at home with Djay pro. I do think it's only a matter of time before Spotify offers a DJ subscription for a bit more money though.
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Maybe who knows. It's what pulls people to djay pro though, Spotify integration. They just need to implement saved loops and quantised hot cues and it will be a great dj software tool.

Ron G. L Williams

• 21 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Is it available for the Denon MC7000?
Photo of Kesjo Saaf

Kesjo Saaf

• 12 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Ron G L Williams no not yet.
Photo of Kesjo Saaf

Kesjo Saaf

• 12 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Please support for the denon mcx 8000 and the option to play music offline in spotify.
Photo of DJ Ken Stone

DJ Ken Stone

• 25 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Any support for the 8000 yet? I just got an 8000 and want to use it with djay pro.
Photo of Joaquin Fagundo

Joaquin Fagundo

• 19 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Haha. How about when it rains cats and dogs? Actually you have better chances of seeing that than of this controller ever being supported.
(Edited)
Photo of DJ Ken Stone

DJ Ken Stone

• 25 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I wonder what the issue is.

Poor Ragged Rascal

• 18 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
This is still a work in progress, but it may get you by until we get native support. Feel free to change things and re-upload different versions. I wasn't able to figure out how to get the LED channel volume, the LED platter rings, the left / right displays, and the different levels of the Cue, Roll buttons ect. I even tried changing the code with no luck. Perhaps, Algoriddim can shed some light how to get that functionality working.

The MCX8000 MIDI command list can be found here on denon's website: http://denondj.com/images/uploads/Den...

My MCX8000 mapping can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4191x7qjimc...
Photo of Jimmy Santos

Jimmy Santos

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any better luck operating the controls?

Ron G. L Williams

• 21 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Is there any support for the Denon MC7000, some hint was made at Nam 2017 during an interview with Denon's Rep
Photo of Kesjo Saaf

Kesjo Saaf

• 12 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
What is wrong with this company?

Still no native support for the mcx 8000.

Are they on holliday for 10 months or what?
(Edited)
Photo of Calleeuw Yvan

Calleeuw Yvan

• 7 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I hope that you have soon the mapping for the mcx8000.
I want to play the program dj pro, i dont like serato
Photo of Kesjo Saaf

Kesjo Saaf

• 12 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
we are already waiting for a year now so yea its about time
Photo of Kesjo Saaf

Kesjo Saaf

• 12 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
its frustrating
Photo of djmagicmoments

djmagicmoments

• 837 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Sad to say but not much will get done when they are spending most of their time working on the Windows version.

It's been requested for over 9 months and no movement on getting the controller mapped.

Come on guys.. map the popular controllers.
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I wouldn't hold your breath guys, issues with partnered controllers haven't even been addressed fully yet.
Photo of Joaquin Fagundo

Joaquin Fagundo

• 19 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Exacetly. When I mentioned this a few months ago, I was attacked by many on this forum. Now many of those same people are also frustrated. LOL.

The answer is simple, stop supporting this product. Unfortunately companies need to realize revenue loss before they take action on customer concerns and request.

When was even the last time someone from this company jumped on this thread and provided a meaningful response other than... we are still working on it?
Photo of Jonathan Rodriguez

Jonathan Rodriguez

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I feel everybody's pain in frustration as well. I just got the MC7000 and it's very disappointing that I might have to wait months before I am able to see any results, if any. I just don't understand what's the delay and how come they can't hire more personnel to supply customer's requests.
Photo of Kesjo Saaf

Kesjo Saaf

• 12 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
people I got a solution for our Spotify problem.
Go to google and search for wondershare allmymusic.
you will have to pay 35 dollars but than u can record music from Spotify and put them on ur harddisk so u have perfect quality music and you can play them everywhere at any time no internet needed.
Enjoy it!
Photo of DJ Ken Stone

DJ Ken Stone

• 25 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
We don't have a spotify problem.
Photo of Kesjo Saaf

Kesjo Saaf

• 12 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
well there are more people who want the option to play music offline.
so maybe u won't use it but other people will.
Photo of DJ Ken Stone

DJ Ken Stone

• 25 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
This thread is about support in DJ Pro for the Denon MCX 8000.

Jonathan Rodriguez

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
and hopefully the MC7000 as well
Photo of Kesjo Saaf

Kesjo Saaf

• 12 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
you can even record music from youtube or radio stations.
so ur database is never ending and the record quality is perfect.
Photo of Joaquin Fagundo

Joaquin Fagundo

• 19 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
What was the last time anyone from this company posted any type of update about this? That should answer all your questions, in other words, it isn't going to happen. They don't care about customer service or experience. All of us need to do ourselves a favor and use a different piece of software and move your business to a company that cares about its irevenue and customers. Garbage company was quick to charge me a license fee for a product that has no upkeep with the market or its competitors.

Jonathan Rodriguez

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Joaquin Fagundo: Unfortunately, there is not another company that is partnered with Spotify. I personally do not use Dejay Pro for my regular parties, but is it's a nice backup to have and a way to blend/mix requests I don't have in my library
Photo of Joaquin Fagundo

Joaquin Fagundo

• 19 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Agree, that is why this software has been favorable amongst all of us. Spotify Is amongst its best feature. But how do you continue to support a company who doesn't support you as the user?
Photo of DJ Ken Stone

DJ Ken Stone

• 25 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I was using it for it's ease of use as well as it's tight integration with my iTunes library.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4104 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
Hey guys,

thank you for sharing your feedback. 
Please be assured that even it feels kind of frustrating, every post here on this forum is getting forwarded internally.
So to say, every upvote and post is pushing the Denon MCX 8000 integration up the ladder of our controller integration list.

Keep on giving your feedback.

Cheers,Lukas E.
Photo of DJ Ken Stone

DJ Ken Stone

• 25 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Just basic functionality would be great to start with. I don't even care about the screens on the 8000 working when using djay Pro.

Poor Ragged Rascal

• 18 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Make it happen!!! Please.

cheers
Photo of DJ Ken Stone

DJ Ken Stone

• 25 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Do it! Do it! Do it!

Ron G. L Williams

• 21 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Just the basic functions would be fine for me
Photo of DJ Ken Stone

DJ Ken Stone

• 25 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Just have it operate the software, forget about the fancy waveforms on the 8000 screens. Just make it work, play, pause, cue, nudge, loop