Denon MCX 8000

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
When are you going to support the new Denon MCX8000?
Photo of Radu Alexandru Sipetan

Radu Alexandru Sipetan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ron G. L Williams

Ron G. L Williams

• 21 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Headphones cue mix master not working properly, can’t hear the cued track, the display only shows the Denon logo.
Photo of Ron G. L Williams

Ron G. L Williams

• 21 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Headphones cue mix master is working now, “my error”
Photo of Miguel Gomes da Silva

Miguel Gomes da Silva

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
wonderful algoriddim!! thank you Lukas!! finally plug & play with MCX8000 AND XDJRX Pioneer's. Now, we'll start to talk!! cheers, Miguel
Photo of Calleeuw Yvan

Calleeuw Yvan

• 7 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Where can i download the file
Photo of Anders

Anders, Official Rep

• 249 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Please get the latest update of djay Pro for Mac from the Mac App Store. Afterwards simply connect your controller to get started.
Photo of Jared Gadgetman Denman

Jared Gadgetman Denman

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When will the Djay Pro IPad Pro app support the mcx8000 natively?
Photo of Igor El Cubanito Lamarmora

Igor El Cubanito Lamarmora

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello to all. But does the new version 1.4.4 also support screens or is it just a mapping?
Photo of Bene Lemezlovas

Bene Lemezlovas

• 5 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
only mapping.. :(
Photo of Marco Moreira

Marco Moreira

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What about windows users?
Photo of Tomas

Tomas

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ask any friend with Mac OS, just copy MIDI file with mapping to windows . Its just a file with .MIDI configuration ..
Photo of Marco Moreira

Marco Moreira

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why didn’t they just release it for both os then? Bit stupid?
Photo of Tomas

Tomas

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
they didn't tell what ppl can use this and any mapping from MAC os with ipad also))) but its works.. I wont to try with nexus deck also, maybe its works too..
Photo of Jared Gadgetman Denman

Jared Gadgetman Denman

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Tomas it doesn't work with my iPad Pro.
Photo of Tomas

Tomas

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Did u copy mapping file to ipad? To djaypro app with iTunes? And what the name of file u copy?
Photo of walter zappia

walter zappia

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
when in djay pro ... denon mcx 8000 screens?
Photo of Dj Cacho

Dj Cacho

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
in windows, work with djay pro beta without screens
Photo of Dj Cacho

Dj Cacho

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi!!!
Any news for windows users?
Photo of magrepairs

magrepairs

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
If the screens were working with the 8000, I'd buy the software right now!!
Any chance you guys will get the screens to work with DJay Pro2?
Photo of magrepairs

magrepairs

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
whats so funny?
Photo of Victor Damian

Victor Damian

• 45 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
My apologies. I had written out a 2 paragraph response to your comment detailing over a year of pleading for MCX8000 support. Apparently it did not record my response. And I’m a bit lazy to toe it over again. He basically stated that since the demographic of Denon MCX 8000 users that also want To use it with Djay Pro is so small, I highly doubt they would make the effort. I submit the over one year wait for basic compatibility with DJ Pro 1 as evidence.
(Edited)
Photo of magrepairs

magrepairs

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ah ok. Cool, I couldn't understand the response. I was gonna buy it, but when I realised the screens don't work, I decided not to. It's sad that they aren't prepared to support the screens, they just make their user base smaller.
Photo of Victor Damian

Victor Damian

• 45 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Agreed. If Serato and virtual Dj can implement the screens, why can’t Djay Pro?? Maybe they should steal some of the talent from the other guys. Obviously it’s not that hard
Photo of David

David

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I would buy the controller if screens worked.
Photo of David

David

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@Lukas - are you looking to add the screens support?
Photo of Calleeuw Yvan

Calleeuw Yvan

• 7 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I want the screens working to on djay pro 2
Photo of frank Cook

frank Cook

• 66 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Well, I just added the MCX 8000 to my inventory, and I must say, it is a serious controller. I would love it however, if you could assign the Denon Engine to channels 3 & 4 and not just 1&2...

Anyway, with Serato and Engine, the integrated screens display waveforms and other prime information.

Surprisingly, DJ Pro 2 does not...

It would be a nice add for the next release.

Also, when engine is engaged, it only permits pc connections and related control on channels 3 & 4. This is a challange for DJ Pro 2 as it only automixes on channels 1 & 2... If would be helpful, if the auto mix could be assigned channels 3 & 4, as needed.

In this way, channels 1 & 2 can be used for live mixing, and 3&4 for dinner mixes, etc., using DJ Pro 2 in auto mix mode.

Keep up the good work...

Thanks
Photo of Giovanni Zazzera

Giovanni Zazzera

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
add support screen MCX8000, today I tried the Trial version and I must say that it works very well, We hope in a next update, I have nothing against Virtual Dj, but if it works with them the visual waveform and library, I do not see why not it must be there for Mcx. Let's wait
Photo of Dj Cacho

Dj Cacho

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
displays works??? mac or pc version?
Photo of yvan

yvan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Where do you get trail version
Photo of Giovanni Zazzera

Giovanni Zazzera

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Guys maybe I expressed myself badly, I want the support to be added to the screens, at the moment the screens show only the writing Denon MCX8000. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Photo of Dj Cacho

Dj Cacho

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have bought the djay pro version for windows
Photo of Dj Cacho

Dj Cacho

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am disappointed ... I had had illusions that they worked
Photo of frank Cook

frank Cook

• 66 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Guy's, this isn't big deal. It is a cosmetic benefit only if you're not using Denon Engine, Serato or another supported Software.

The real problem is that you cannot assign DJ PRO 1 or 2, to channels 3 or 4, and run auto mixes.

I mix live using Denon Engine or Serato. The MCX8000, only lets you use Engine on channels 1 and 2. Leaving 3 and 4 for PC or analog line lines.

I like to use DJ PRO 1 or 2 for Automixing background music sets. If I use USB, I cannot assign auto mixes to channel 3 and 4 (could be wrong, but so far not working). So, I use line 3 analog in from one laptop running DJ PRO 2 for background auto mixes, and direct USB connection on another laptop, assigned to channels 1 and 2, running Serato. and I frequently switch one channel to Denon Engine, for scratching, on the right side of the surface. Just a flip of a switch and my scratch files are ready and waiting, then flip back right where I left off in Serato.

These guys are great, they will eventually provide this feature. This is the best surface for pros currently. One would have to spend double to find a better surface.

AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A FUTURE UPDATE OR NEW VERSION THAT SUPPORTS IT>

I do wish the DENON, would make all 4 channels Engine Selectable, permitting only one or two to function at a time. That is on Denon...
Photo of Anthony CORNEVIN

Anthony CORNEVIN

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello guy's I've only one working channel. For 2/3/4 it's ok for control (play, cue...) but no sound ! how can fix that ?

thanks !!
Photo of frank Cook

frank Cook

• 66 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Enter the preferences menu then select control then make sure everything is set to the denon mcx8000.
Photo of Anthony CORNEVIN

Anthony CORNEVIN

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello Frank, yes I've do that : set 1-2 for deck 1/2 et 3-4 for deck 3/4 but I've sound only on deck 1 don't know why :(
Photo of Michael Raupenstrauch

Michael Raupenstrauch

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I love the software but I’m really disappointed that the Denon MCX8000 ist not fully supported. It is on the list of native supported controllers but the displays don’t work. That’s really a shame! I mean the support of the ddj1000 is marked with the additional information that the small displays in the jogg wheels are not supported and there are no extra notes for the support of the denon MCX8000 so i really expected them to work! I spend a lot of time with choosing my new controller and bought the Denon because of the native support! Come on guys..... that’s not what I call native support! The displays are essential!! Please add the screen support like Serato did....
Photo of Anders

Anders, Official Rep

• 249 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I apologize for the confusion, we have added a note on our website about this. Unfortunately we have no way of supporting the displays as they are only accessible via Serato.
Photo of magrepairs

magrepairs

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Absolute lie - Virtual dj supports the screens too.
Photo of frank Cook

frank Cook

• 66 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
That is right - running on VDJ8 at this moment....