djay for iOS - The new DJ App

• Announcement
  • Updated 1 year ago
Big announcement,

We are more than happy to announce our latest app, djay for iOS.

djay for iOS comes with a lot of new features which were requested and are now supported.

ALL-NEW USER INTERFACE

• Classic DJ Turntable, 2-Deck, 4-Deck, Looper, Automix, Single Deck, and Video modes

• Deck mode: view your decks and library side by side 

• Looper mode: create beats and jam live to your music 

• Video mode: mix videos, visual loops, and Live Photos with music

• Automix mode: trigger automatic transitions in a beautiful album cover view

• Single Deck mode: prepare your sets and manage your playlists

MUSIC PRODUCTION TOOLS

• Sequencer: create beats on top of your music live

• Looper: remix your music with up to 48 loops per track

• Beat-matched sequencing of drums and samples

• Extensive content library with hundreds of loops and samples.

ADVANCED VIDEO MIXING

• Mix up to 10 videos simultaneously

• Live Photos integration 

• Video Looper 

LIBRARY MANAGEMENT

• “My Library” section to create and edit your own playlists 

• Smart track filtering by BPM, key or genre

HARDWARE INTEGRATION

• Plug-and-play integration of over 50 MIDI controllers by Pioneer DJ, Reloop, Numark, and Denon DJ

• Advanced MIDI Learn to map any class-compliant MIDI controller

• Support for Bluetooth MIDI

AUTOMIX AI

• Automatic mixes based on artificial intelligence

• Queue and Playlist automation

ENHANCED SPOTIFY INTEGRATION

• New library features added

• Save songs you discover to your Spotify collection from within djay

NEW AUDIO ENGINE

• Ableton Link integration

• New Sync Mode

• Enhanced Looping including saved loops

• Post-fader FX

• High-res waveforms

• HUNDREDS of LOOPS, SAMPLES, VISUALS, FX

• Over 1 GB of high quality samples, loops, FX and visuals:

• 1240+ Audio loops from Loopmasters, including:

• Ambient house

• Deep house

• Analog techno

• Electro swing

• Latin house

• Neuro DnB

• Retro 80s

• Trance

• 300+ Audio samples from Future Loops, including:

• Chill

• DJ vocal drops

• Trap

• Percussion pack

• Hip hop vol. 1-4

• 20+ Video loops from DocOptic, including:

• Geometric Ride

• Liquid Moon

• Party Time

• Space Clouds

• Wave Twists

We are very happy to share our latest iOS app with you and hope you like it as much as we do.

For further information please see our website.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Cheers,

Lukas E.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4119 Posts
  • 400 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of iTurtle

iTurtle

• 81 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
hi there,
are you planning to offer a non-subscription version after so much negativ feedback regarding the new subscription version of dj pro? i really hope so, since i am still not even testing the new version because i do not want to chain myself to a subscription.
thanks a lot! kai
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4119 Posts
  • 400 Reply Likes
Hi iTurtle,

You can use our new application on iOS in a subscription mode in order to have all features unlocked or you can use the free version which comes with basic functionality to DJ.

Therefore, you dont have to chain yourself to a subscription.

Cheers,Lukas E.
Photo of iTurtle

iTurtle

• 81 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
hi lukas, i know that of course. i need some of the functionality only the subscription offers. so i have no choice here.
i also gather from your comment that you do not see the need to change that subscription system back to the privious one where i could just pay a one time fee for 1 or 2 years. right?
i am really sad about this development. thanks for your replies! kai
Photo of ChrisM

ChrisM

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can I still go back and look at or listen to my previous sessions like you could in the past?
Photo of tchesco

tchesco

• 38 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Yes! Go to “my library” and click on the watch icon in the bar below the menu.
Photo of ChrisM

ChrisM

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank You
Photo of boogiedj

boogiedj

• 37 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Any chance of being able to somehow use an external hard drive, along with a controller and the iPad?
Photo of Mister Tuur

Mister Tuur

• 56 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
You can with the FileBrowser app. You can link to almost any source with that and use it as a side panel. Drag & drop.

It also integrates with the iOS files app should you need it.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/filebrow...

Edit: not in the classic / simple way of connecting in a drive, but 'somehow'...
Photo of Timothy Dobesh

Timothy Dobesh

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
the $5.99 version? or the "filebrowzerGo" ? thanks
Photo of Timothy Dobesh

Timothy Dobesh

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
i couldn't get it to work , refund lol
Photo of boogiedj

boogiedj

• 37 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
My thing is: I would like to have the iPad be able to access an external drive (for my music library), and Wi-Fi at the same time, without having to sacrifice one for another. I know, it seems a little bit complicated. But, THAT is Apple's fault.

With a powered USB hub, a camera adapter and trial and error, I was able to connect the iPad to my Pioneer DDJ-SB2. Which worked GREAT!

if only I could access my 60+ GB of music.

I just got this iPad like a month ago. I also have a 2018 MBP - so I'm still running djay Pro 1 with that setup. I would love to get this running, or find a workaround, to use the iPad as my backup.
Photo of Mister Tuur

Mister Tuur

• 56 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
It would be a workaround as none of these solutions are plug & play...

I take it you mean you'll be needing WiFi when you're not at home right? Because at home the drive / folder would be available on your network with FileBrowser.

The way I see it you have a couple of options:

1. Backup your library to the iPad. You need to backup the 60 GB anyway, why not to the iPad.

2. Use a solution where the drive connects directly to the WiFi. Either with a WiFi NAS or a router with USB to connect the drive. You would have to change the login info for each different WiFi network though. If you DJ in multiple locations it could be a bit of a drag I guess...

3. Set up your own FTP server. There are drives which have FTP on board. You'd then have access from around the globe with FileBrowser. It depends on your ISP if they allow your home network (or modem / router) to be accessed from the web though. And: no internet, no music.

4. Use a cloud service. Dropbox works fine with Djay using the files app. iCloud too. Both could work from a shared music folder on the Mac for example. You'd also have your backup. But once again: no internet, no music.

As I warned before, none of these solutions are perfect, but maybe this helps!
Photo of boogiedj

boogiedj

• 37 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I should have clarified - yes this will be mobile gigs away from home. Mostly weddings, and venues can vary on their internet and cellphone reception.

These ideas I will have to ponder for sure. #1 is simply not an option, though, due to the iPad being 32gb. Had I purchased a larger capacity, I wouldn't have this problem. LOL live and learn.

I've been researching some pretty interesting flash drives that have lightning and USB ports with charging capability. But I'm not sure how easily djay would be able to access any external storage - connected or not.

A puzzle, to be sure. That's half the fun, I guess. Once I figure this mess out, I will most definitely share my experiences. Thank you so much for the help!
(Edited)
Photo of Mister Tuur

Mister Tuur

• 56 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
My pleasure and good luck!
Photo of Mister Tuur

Mister Tuur

• 56 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I think I found something here: https://www.cultofmac.com/529159/how-...

SanDisk iXpand together with FileBrowser should solve your problem. Up to 256 GB of storage. Plug & play.
Photo of JiPenade

JiPenade

• 48 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Ok i’ve just succeed in access ing my nas music folder from Djay, using Documents from Reedle ! In fact you only forgot to say that you must use the ‘Side View’ feature of the iPad (i was not aware of that !), then have the 2 apps running then just drag and drop files from Documents to Djay!
Thanks for this tip ;)
Photo of Mister Tuur

Mister Tuur

• 56 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
...'use it as a side panel.'
Photo of JiPenade

JiPenade

• 48 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Oh yeah sorry I missed it :)
Great feature indeed, at least at home with wifi!
Photo of Mister Tuur

Mister Tuur

• 56 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Glad it works for you!
Photo of Mister Tuur

Mister Tuur

• 56 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
One warning: for iXpand you'll be needing the FileBrowser for Business app. Looks like a great solution though.

https://www.stratospherix.com/product...
Photo of D Rey

D Rey

• 35 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Seems like a larger capacity iPad solves all of the issues and heartache in this post.
Photo of boogiedj

boogiedj

• 37 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Yes. More money tends to solve all sorts of problems.
(Edited)
Photo of boogiedj

boogiedj

• 37 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
One more dumb question. What does NAS refer to?
Photo of TheRumbler

TheRumbler

• 29 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Network Attached Storage
Photo of boogiedj

boogiedj

• 37 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Only problem with the SanDisk iXpand: it looks that it can't be accessed and charging at the same time. Anyone try this yet?
Photo of André Rangel

André Rangel

• 18 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Four weeks without a repply. So here my questiona again: - I have some questions about old features that I can't see in this release:

1) I saw inside the spotify browser that the vertical green line when you have already previously listening the song in the djay is gone. This is bad for me because I used to be check this to know when some music in a spotify playlist I would have to listen yet, insert cues, make first beat etc... Do you have plans to come back this again? If not I will have to take the old version to prepare my new songs.

2) Insert out point on djay ios. Today we can make this only on djay pro for mac os.

3) Automix function follow the in and out mix point as in the old version.

4) Another problem is that there is no option to see the cues and the waveforms together in the same layout. This is something substancial to prepare the songs in iphone version.
Photo of LaidbackFred

LaidbackFred

• 343 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hey Andre,
I can help you get a quicker response. Seperate your issues on different or new feed.
#2 and 3 have already been responded to, not solved, but responded. Actually, those very questions were already asked by me.
I agree with #4 too. Get that on a new post. If they don’t answer. Respond to your own feed to keep it new and on top. They’ll respond, trust me.
I don’t use Spotify, can’t help you there.
Photo of André Rangel

André Rangel

• 18 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks LaidbackFred. I will do this.
Photo of LaidbackFred

LaidbackFred

• 343 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
No problem. The whole point of this community is to help them perfect these Apps. Together we can do this.
Photo of LaidbackFred

LaidbackFred

• 343 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
This post is too vague. Delete this post or block new post on this feed please
Photo of Cire Citron

Cire Citron

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
posting again to get a response ...the original is waiting over 30 days.

1. WHY CANT I CREATE A CUSTOM SAMPLE PACK, it seems that the sample record button is actually a loop record button to record effect plays, but what about USING OUR OWN SOUND EFFECTS... THIS IS ESSENTIAL to use our own samples or create a custom pack.

2. While in Video Mode there is no tempo bend just an up-down arrow is hidden in the little tempo cube...many of us actually can mix and do not use the sync feature...we need a way to change temp more easily without switching back and forth between views.

3. I have discovered we cannot PLAY Custom VIDEO on top of a song, just use the loops offered by u guys, I mean who wants to look at a loop for 6 minutes when we can play custom clips from our library (or another video) like we have been on djay pro for years simply by clicking the little film icon? please bring this function back or app is unusable for me without.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4119 Posts
  • 400 Reply Likes
Hi Cire, 

we are very sorry, I did reply to your last post in this channel.

Did anything change to the 3 points you pointed out?

Cheers,
Lukas E.
Photo of Keith Farrell

Keith Farrell

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Does the iOS djay pro app on the iPad and iPhone work with the mixtrack platinum and now if you use the lightning to usb apple camera adapter. I was under the impression that the mix tracks didn’t work with iOS apps (only Mac and pc) but I see them listed here:

http://help.algoriddim.com/customer/e...

If so do the jog wheel displays work
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4119 Posts
  • 400 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi guys,

We will no close this thread. Please start new threads if you want to share feedback about our new djay for iOS application as replying and keeping things organised got very difficult in this thread.

Thank you for all your feedback it helps us a lot to improve our latest app.

Cheers,Lukas E.
Photo of LaidbackFred

LaidbackFred

• 343 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Thank you!!!!!
Photo of iTurtle

iTurtle

• 81 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
hi lukas,
any news about your thoughts of changing the subscription plan system? also regarding the macos version of djay?
thanks a lot! kai
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4119 Posts
  • 400 Reply Likes
topic closed

Please reference the new conversation here: djay for mac subscription

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.