djay Pro 2.1 update

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi community,

We’re excited to introduce a major update, free to existing djay users.

You can now access SoundCloud’s massive music catalog to discover and mix millions of tracks. djay’s integration with TIDAL offers HiFi sound, millions of tracks, and MUSIC VIDEO streaming. djay now also supports Ableton Link across Mac and iOS which allows you to seamlessly sync djay running on different devices.

Please share your feedback and let us know what you think.

Cheers

Lukas E.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4226 Posts
  • 439 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Manfred Aumann

Manfred Aumann

• 104 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I think It is Spotify who does not allow anymore day Access Spotify
Photo of Pierre Llamas

Pierre Llamas

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Sad news, it changes everything for many users. Nevertheless if algoriddim allows to use either Tidal or SoundCloud offline and tagging management we could see an improvement in a pro direction; not sure what you guys are looking for but I’m trying to use my iPad Pro as the only dj tool I need and find it really hard because I could do much more in traktor and my laptop with iTunes smartplaylists. I jumped into Djay because I was attracted to use Spotify and hoping one day they would allow to use it offline, but that moment will never come so it makes Spotify experience kind of useless, nobody wants to go on a gig and relay on WiFi connection.

If Lukas you could say something about the offline options on new platforms that would be great.

Cheers guys,
Photo of Terry Jackson

Terry Jackson

• 75 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
is anyone going to officially state that spotify is no more from algoriddim djay?? what a joke
Photo of Shaun Green

Shaun Green

• 72 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Can we have amazon music instead? Or youtube music
Photo of DilekS

DilekS

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Lucas and the Team, thanks for the access to new platforms, but could you please give priority to fix the basic Sync and looping issues that were caused by this release and have them work asap as previously? Especailly the sync issue is really annoying. I use MacBook Pro (2019) and I submitted the problems earlier per Email. Thanks!
Photo of tchesco

tchesco

• 52 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
How about yesterday’s update? Did it fix it?
Photo of DilekS

DilekS

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I haven't got any other update since 31.1.
Photo of Alexander Visser

Alexander Visser

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, 

How can I deactivate the license from my macbook. What you are suggesting is not there. 

There is no tab: "de-activate license". Not in the old and not in the new version. THis is very frustrating. 

What am I missing here. I need it to work on my new macbook, 

Photo of Rob King

Rob King

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The video portion is broken after this update. Selecting a third video will not play the new video just the new audio. The new update is trash!
Photo of Shaun Green

Shaun Green

• 72 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Is this the death of djay?
Photo of Terry Jackson

Terry Jackson

• 75 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
just want to say that you lost a customer, the money i was going to spend on an ipad pro 12.9" 3rd gen + controller + djay subscription just went on two denon sc5000's that also have tidal streaming.

probably a better spend in the long run, thanks for not helping or replying about spotify,  because thats the only reason to use your software djay pro team, you suck......... adios!!!
(Edited)
Photo of DJ Boum Boum

DJ Boum Boum

• 38 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Yes, it can be frustrating to be uncertain about this, I understand. Algoriddim has had this policy, since start, to never officially announce the roadmap. I do not know how other DJ sofware companies do, perhaps the same?
Anyway, I have learnt to live with the excitement, and so far it has never been disappointing.
Good luck with your choice now! Cheers
Photo of frank Cook

frank Cook

• 81 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Well. a small problem, it isn't stable on Catalina. Keeps closing when I attempt to toggle between hot cue and sampler menus.

Just closes. So, I update to the latest version of Catalina and same thing, plus waveforms are scrolling with a very heavy delay. at least 250ms.
Photo of MarkyPancake

MarkyPancake

• 26 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Just on the Spotify/Tidal/SoundCloud offline thing, from what I recall, this isn't available because it's prohibited by Apple and not because the app developers are unable to build such a feature. It's something to do with Apple not allowing one app to access the data of another app. E.g. Spotify's offline data is stored in the Spotify app sandbox, so the Algoriddim djay sandbox cannot access it, whereas connecting to the service and streaming it through djay isn't prohibited by Apple's Terms of Service.