Massive library problems with DJay 2 and iPad 4

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: OSStatus error -43

This appears to be an iTunes problem to me when I explain my findings, but now I cannot use DJay 2 for any event until it is fully reliable again.

I used djay2 all day on Friday without a glitch.

I arrived home and plugged iPad into my iMac to resync and charge a little.

I turned on iMac screen to see that iTunes had updated to version 11.1.1 (11)

I arrived at the venue to play music on Friday evening only to find that the last 800+ songs that I had added to my library were not playable and there was no way to tell without first trying to play them.

The on screen error reads "Could not load track" "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -43.)"

Helpful!

Anyway, all was not lost but a frustrating evening it was.

I tried to play some of the "damaged" tracks in the stock Music app and the app could also not play them but did at least remove the songs from the library. Applying this method to each playlist, removing the songs unplayable automatically, removed around 840 songs and what I was left with was basically the music I had on my device BEFORE I updated to the Gold Master version of iOS 7.0

Is this an Apple problem? Time for me to wipe my iPad and start again or should I wait and see what happens? I have removed all music and started putting it back on playlist-by-playlist and again the problem has started to happen, with different tracks this time.
Photo of Däve Small

Däve Small

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Jamie Harrison

Jamie Harrison

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Me too. Screwed me right up. Frantic dash home to try and repair it. Argh!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.