Pioneer DDJ-400 with Djay iOS audio drops out

• Problem
  • Updated 4 days ago
I am using the Pioneer DDJ-400 with Djay (recent paid subscription version) on an iPad and twice now on gigs the audio output from the DDJ-400 stopped during the set and it was just silence. Djay never crashes and the meters light up in Djay but the meters on the DDJ-400 stop and no sound comes out. This happens about 2-3 hours into my set. DJ nightmare scenario.

I had to unplug the controller and restart the app in order for it to work again. Extremely frustrating and unstable. I am using the most current Apple lightning to USB adapter and when it's working it's really great, I just don't know why the audio output on the controller would suddenly stop working. It's like the connection drops but not all the way since the crossfader still responds. Is there something I can do here to prevent this? It only happens after a few hours of use. The DDJ-400 and Djay integration needs to be much more reliable. I am using it for 5-6 hours at a time.

I am using an iPad Pro with the most recent version of Djay Pro for iOS. I noticed there was a firmware update for the DDJ-400 in September which I installed hoping it would help but I was able to replicate the problem again at home.

I love Djay and I really want it to work with the DDJ-400 reliably for long gigs! Please help!
Photo of George

George

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Juan Manuel De Gomar Gomez

Juan Manuel De Gomar Gomez

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

It works but it is unstable, it is not for professional use at the moment

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
this is what really happens when it fails

Photo of Simone Tranquilli

Simone Tranquilli

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
hello! I haven't seen you talk about our problem in the details of the new update.... and i can't see the update in my app store
(Edited)
Photo of Ervic A

Ervic A

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Just tried it and the latest update didn’t fix the audio dropping problem. DDJ-400 still not a useable controller with DJAY. Really upsetting because I got the DDJ-400 because it was on the supported list.

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have canceled the subscription, at the moment it is unusable... sorry for the algoriddim team
Photo of Juanma De Gomar Gómez

Juanma De Gomar Gómez

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Nothin happens in this treath...

Juanma De Gomar Gómez

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
hello Lukas E ,, there is no news of this problem ??? please talk to your team to fix this bug
Photo of _ gUrU _

_ gUrU _

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hu
Photo of _ gUrU _

_ gUrU _

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Does the ddj 400 with the audio fault work well on djay for MAC?
Photo of Ervic A

Ervic A

• 25 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
It works fine on a MAC. Right now the issue is with the iOS version. Just tried the iOS version today and got about 25 minutes before it cut out. Did a 2 hour session on the MAC yesterday with no problem.
Photo of Francesco Gori

Francesco Gori

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same for me, today i’ve had the “record”. I got 2 audio dropouts in 6 minutes with iPad Pro. this is VERY annoying 
(Edited)
Photo of Francesco Gori

Francesco Gori

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Did algoriddim djay solved this audio dropout problem after last week’s update?

Juanma De Gomar Gómez

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Nothing....
Photo of Bruno Oliva

Bruno Oliva

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem. At this moment, the only way is unsubscribe the djay plan :(
(Edited)
Photo of Vitor Alexandre

Vitor Alexandre

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This happen only with iPad Pro? I am considering do buy a new iPad, maybe the budget 7th since djay works fine on iPhone 11 
Photo of _ gUrU _

_ gUrU _

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think that is this problem exists only on some random devices, and in random other devices doesn’t
(Always iOS)
Photo of Vitor Alexandre

Vitor Alexandre

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Cool. You think I will be ok with the hardware of the iPad 7? Or at least an iPad air is necessary?
Photo of Vitor Alexandre

Vitor Alexandre

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was looking for this answer everywhere but didnt find any
Photo of _ gUrU _

_ gUrU _

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think that you can try whatever you want. You only have to be lucky to buy the “right” device. (these are only my thoughts, nothing is official)
Photo of Vitor Alexandre

Vitor Alexandre

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok. I will wait someone to confirm.

Juanma De Gomar Gómez

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I don't know anyone who has the ddj 400 with djay "IOS" without this problem ...
Photo of Vitor Alexandre

Vitor Alexandre

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Look, I already have the DDJ 400 and I'm spinning ok in my Mac Mini (DJay Pro 2) and iPhone 11 (DJay Pro)... both without any problems mixing for hours. I am considering an iPad because I don't wanna use my phone (screen is quite small and someone can call me)...
Photo of _ gUrU _

_ gUrU _

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
For calls you can activate “do not disturb “ mode to block all calls, but my suggestion is try whatever iPad you want. But again, be lucky
(because on YouTube it seems to work normally, no one talked about this problem, so maybe they’re lucky to owning an “issue-free” ipad)
Photo of Bruno Oliva

Bruno Oliva

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Vitor, my iPad is a 6th generation and I have the problem. I never have been tested with my iPhone 11 during hours.
Photo of Vitor Alexandre

Vitor Alexandre

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are you guys using the original Apple USB adapter?
Photo of Vitor Alexandre

Vitor Alexandre

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think my record was 5 hours in a row and not a single problem on iPhone. I was even mixing images to my TV through Airplay!
Photo of Bruno Oliva

Bruno Oliva

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Vitor, original Apple USB Câmera Adapter
Photo of Vitor Alexandre

Vitor Alexandre

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Bom, comprei um iPad air, vamos ver se terei problemas
Photo of Bruno Oliva

Bruno Oliva