Pioneer DDJ-RB support (similar to DDJ-SB2 ?)

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Dear Support,

I just bought a Pioneer DDJ-SB2, knowing it is supported by Djay Pro. However I'm having second thoughts about the Pioneer DDJ-RB that is same price, it has got some more buttons (dedicated que / play buttons) and seems to be slightly superior overall in my opinion.

I can still swap the SB2 for the RB, but my main question is: Is there a midi mapping out there for Djay pro ? It is currently not listed on the website, but this controller is almost identical to the DDJ-SB2 that is natively supported.

So has anyone tried modifying the SB2 mapping for use with this controller ?
I know you can make a mapping yourself but if basic stuff as channel leds is not working it can be a major pain.

Thanks for your time guys !

With kind regards,

Michal
Photo of Michal Bengsch

Michal Bengsch

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of harry welch

harry welch

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sort us out pls guys!!
Photo of Cristian Ballesteros

Cristian Ballesteros

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good Afternoon,

Is there any progress on this process. I am also waiting for native support!
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4104 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
Hey guys,

thank you all for pushing the implementation, please note that we simply can not give estimations, but be aware that I will do my best in order to push the topic internally. All the best and thank you for sharing!

Cheers,
Lukas E.
Photo of Hoggo Hill

Hoggo Hill

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Is it ready soon? The DDJ-RB was released a year ago soon, so I think it ́s time=) Brgds!
Photo of Daniel Pohmajević

Daniel Pohmajević

• 4 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Any news Lukas?
Photo of Moses Alexander

Moses Alexander

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Joining Daniel's question. any updates?
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4104 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
Hey there,

pushed the topic internally again. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Cheers,Lukas E.
Photo of Hoggo Hill

Hoggo Hill

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Will it be one in the near future or do we have to sell our RBs? Really good that you push the topic but it ́s been several months since you wrote that the first time :/
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4104 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
I hope it is the near future. Every time a user request with that much requests is getting pushed by a new post I tell the developers and be assured, the RB is definitely on a high place of our agenda.

Cheers,Lukas E.
Photo of Hoggo Hill

Hoggo Hill

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Great thanks! It will increase your sales for sure, enabling such a popular controller.
Photo of danema

danema

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
All,

As I pointed out 3months ago, the file @Jared made available on dropbox works really well and is a perfect workaround for the time being. You can find his mapping on the promoted replies.
Photo of Moses Alexander

Moses Alexander

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
What do I need to do in order to make the program recognize the file?
Photo of Moses Alexander

Moses Alexander

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Just want to make sure before I actually buy it...
Photo of danema

danema

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
After you downloaded @Jared's file remove the .txt extension and doubleclick to install in djay Pro.

Note: Plugin the controller before you doubleclick the file
Photo of danema

danema

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
If ur still not sure whether to buy yes or no, ask others to confirm my comment
Photo of andrastoth5

andrastoth5

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I need your help because I have to choose between DDJ-SB2 or DDJ-RB. I would prefer the RB but because the lack of djay native support the SB2 is the only option. Is file from @Jared is almost the same as so called: "native support"? What is the difference between a good MIDI map file and native support? Can I buy the RB with no problem? Or SB2 with native support have more advantages?
Photo of Anders

Anders, Official Rep

• 249 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Official Response
The newly released djay Pro 1.4.3 for Mac now comes with native support for the Pioneer DDJ-RB. Enjoy!
Photo of Moses Alexander

Moses Alexander

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes! Thank you!
Photo of Dean Tiwary

Dean Tiwary

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great news! Thanks for the update. Does djay Pro Beta for Windows 10 come with native support for the Pioneer DDJ-RB also?
Photo of Djj Fred

Djj Fred

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you Anders! I really really like it. @Dean Tiwary. I tried with Windows 10. It works only not the headphone function. I send them an email. Do others have the same problem?
Photo of Jean-Francois Gauthier

Jean-Francois Gauthier

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great news.
Same problem with cue in headphones not working.
(Edited)
Photo of Djj Fred

Djj Fred

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@Jean-Francois, Maybe you send them an email to so they will fix it. I would be very glad if the do that it.
Photo of Djj Fred

Djj Fred

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@Anders will you do something regarding the headphone issue for with the DDJ-RB controller?
Photo of Djj Fred

Djj Fred

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Did any one tried it with the splitter/split function?
Photo of Andrej

Andrej

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is it the same for DDJ RR? Will it work on it?
Photo of Tim

Tim

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When will you support the Pioneer DDJ-RB on Windows?
Photo of Riccardo Mazza

Riccardo Mazza

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello just to know if it makes sense for me to buy the RB, because actually I would use it just at home or with friends, and so it is important to know that djay Pro is compatible and that I can also play by Spotify. My shopkeeper does not take responsibility, says that the RB is born for rekordbox and that can not say with certainty that I can use djay PRo with spotify. I hope you can help me. (I am a Mac user)
Photo of djywe

djywe

• 2 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks! This was the push for me to get the software! I tried the demo mode and the DDJ-RB and the DDJ-SP1 work like a charm... Better than the native Rekordbox software I might add. If I change function of one of the decks pas modes they don't both go there. This means I can use Sampler on the SP1 and hot cues on the RB or the other way around. Rekordbox switches both devices.
Photo of Riccardo Mazza

Riccardo Mazza

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello, can I ask you if djay Pro and above all Spotify work with the DDJ-RB? Just plug and play?
Photo of Klausvonhof

Klausvonhof

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there now also Support for the windows 10 Version with ddj-RB?
Photo of Paul Van Gossum

Paul Van Gossum

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm also curious to know: does the Windows 10 djay Pro software support the Pioneer DDJ-RB ?
Photo of Riccardo Mazza

Riccardo Mazza

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello just to know if it makes sense for me to buy the RB, because actually I would use it just at home or with friends, and so it is important to know that djay Pro is compatible and that I can also play by Spotify. My shopkeeper does not take responsibility, says that the RB is born for rekordbox and that can not say with certainty that I can use djay PRo with spotify. I hope you can help me. (I am a Mac user)