Pioneer DDJ-SX - anyone got is running with DJay?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Hi all, as the title says I'm wondering if anyone here has the Pioneer DDJ-SX running with DJay, and if so, if it all is running nicely. I see its not officially supported, but thought maybe someone made a file for it.

I thinking of selling my NS6 and getting the SX, but often use DJay when playing with other at least since its easier for them to grasp when starting off, so i don't want to lose compatibility.

Thanks!
Photo of Yaren

Yaren

• 30 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Max Brightwood

Max Brightwood

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I would also appreciate native mapping, want to make the switch to a better controller as i am getting better, but i want the ddj-sx, only thing stopping me is that your software isn't native
Photo of Max Brightwood

Max Brightwood

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Photo of Juwan Hayward

Juwan Hayward

• 45 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I suppose it's just a matter of time before they natively support even more high end Pioneer and possibly Numark controllers for the Pros... Great news!
Photo of Enrique Sanchez

Enrique Sanchez

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Do you guys know if this would also work with a Pioneer DDJ-SZ?
Photo of Lou Hightower

Lou Hightower

• 10 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Did i miss something? Was Midi mapping provided for the DDJ-SX?
Photo of Enrique Sanchez

Enrique Sanchez

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No, I read your comment and I saw you figured out how to map the DDJ-SX with Deejay, so I was wondering if that same configuration would work with Deejay and the DDJ-SZ...
Photo of Adrian

Adrian, Official Rep

• 809 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
We paid attention to your posts!

We're happy to announce that djay Pro now natively supports the Pioneer DDJ-SX, the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and the Pioneer DDJ-SZ!

Get yourself the latest update of djay Pro at the Mac App Store and check it out!
Photo of K.  Huff

K. Huff

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hey Adrian does ddj sz work with spotify on the ipad? i'm about to purchase the ddj sz and i want to make sure i have everything i need. right now i'm working with a ddj sx2 and Stanton str8-80 turntables. I'm getting frustrated with the firmware update and re-installing serato just to make the controller work so i'm just going to be spoiled and turn my sx2 back into guitar center and get my money back but put it towards the ddj sz. i want to get spotify going with all this and i will officially be very happy once everything is working and all i have to do is turn on the tables and laptop and spin in the studio with millions of songs.
Photo of Martin Ruzani

Martin Ruzani

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
And what about the djay pro ipad version with ddj sx?
Photo of K.  Huff

K. Huff

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was about to buy the ddj sz and wanted to find out if it can work with the spotify on my ipad. I don't have an apple computer but just the ipad. I wish i could use spotify on my dell xps and ddj sz but i guess that's not out yet?
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4104 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
Hi Kris Hough,

the DDJ SZ is not iOS ready and therefor not supporting djay for the iPad. Our apologies.

Cheers,
Lukas E.
Photo of K.  Huff

K. Huff

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It's ok. Thanks again!
Photo of Onfest Mariano

Onfest Mariano

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a ddj sx and an ipad air 2 and buy the djay pro now is there any way to connect to the ipad many thanks
Photo of Onfest Mariano

Onfest Mariano

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a ddj sx and an ipad air 2 and buy the djay pro now is there any way to connect to the ipad many thanks
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4104 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
Hi Onfest Mariano,

unfortunately the SX is only supported by djay Pro for the Mac.

Cheers,
Lukas E.
Photo of Dj Hurt

Dj Hurt

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
are you sure? before i buy djay pro as the cost is 50$
Photo of Dj Hurt

Dj Hurt

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
me too