Please make the Cue Point quantization more forgiving.

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
It's very hard to jump to a cue point, while a song is playing, and have it sync seamlessly. In fact, it often throws a mix that is in sync out of sync. I noticed there is a slight quantization when setting cue points while a song is playing but not for when I'm playing them back. is there a way to turn on quantization for playing cue points? Is there a way to set that quantization to something more forgiving, like 1/4 bar (4 beats to a bar) or 1 bar?
I see a round button with a pencil in it at the right end of the "CUE POINTS" window, for editing cue points. I think having a quantize on/off button at the left end of the "CUE POINTS" window could be a good place for it.
Photo of DjCylume .

DjCylume .

• 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4023 Posts
  • 387 Reply Likes
Hi there

thank you for your feedback.
I will forward this as a request for a Quantize mode. It would be great if other users could push the topic by giving there votes.

Cheers,
Lukas E.
Photo of LaidbackFred

LaidbackFred

• 328 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
I vote for that.
Photo of Filippo Fraternali

Filippo Fraternali

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I vote for that two ;-)
Photo of nick

nick

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Vote
Photo of Andi Copesetic

Andi Copesetic

• 59 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I think this would be a great feature as well!
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Yes I agree it would be useful.
Photo of Sergio

Sergio

• 32 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Yes. It would be a useful feature.

I'd also like it when a track is scanned the software put Cue Point automatically as already ' do other software.
Photo of John Wang

John Wang

• 3 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I see that this feature has been requested many times in the past couple of years. It would be REALLY REALLY useful if this feature was present! I'm having immense trouble skipping through a single track because I can't cue a later section of the track on time. Thank you thank you!
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4023 Posts
  • 387 Reply Likes
Thank you all for pushing this post.
Be assured that we got this issue on our agenda. I will keep you posted if there are news regarding a quantisation mode.

Cheers,
Lukas E.
Photo of Thomas

Thomas

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Algoriddim, please give us a quantisation mode! Are there any news?

Filippo Fraternali

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I vote for that too. Have you some news???
Photo of sash

sash

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is a way to to quantise on iPad, but it’s not the most impressive way. Reply to this and I’ll upload a video

Filippo Fraternali

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, thank you. I'm ready! ;-)
Photo of Sergio

Sergio

• 32 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I downloaded the trial version of Djay Pro 2. I noticed that even this version did not perform the quantization of the song as the previous version in my possession. I was hoping that in this new version it had been added.

I highly recommend adding the quantization of the song and if possible also a metronome in the next updates.
Photo of Sergio

Sergio

• 32 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
In the end I decided and I bought the App Store Djay Pro 2 for Mac. I was conquered by the beautiful graphics and high quality audio. Beautiful coupled with my main software Pioneer Rekordbox Dj. I will use them both according to needs. Excellent work Algoriddim.
Photo of LaidbackFred

LaidbackFred

• 328 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Yes
Photo of Slak Jaw

Slak Jaw

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any news on this? It is extremely difficult to live jump to cue points while a track is playing and stay perfectly in time. Please add the quantization adjustment feature ASAP. Thanks!
Photo of David

David, Official Rep

• 108 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
We have implemented this feature and added it to the iOS version of djay. It required us to make some changes to the Sync engine. We will also bring quantization of cue point and loop triggers to Mac. I can't provide a roadmap on this yet, but it's coming.
Photo of Slak Jaw

Slak Jaw

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great news! Thanks David.