Purchased Djay Pro for Win10 and it keeps crashing.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
This software is useless if it keeps crashing in the middle of a an event. Can I get a refund for this? I can't find any solution to the problem anywhere.
Photo of Ceal

Ceal

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ceal

Ceal

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No replies either? Nothing from the support email either. Seems like the worst money ever spent on anything audio/dj related so far.
Photo of Ceal

Ceal

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
• Which device do you have?
Lenovo Yoga 900 13ISK-2
• Which OS version is running on your device?
Windows 10 with the latest updates
• Which djay version are you using?
Djay Pro for Windows 10 ver 1.0.26524.0

Additional description:
I put spotify on "play" all day yesterday. About 12 hours continuous. Nothing ever failed.
I opened up Djay Pro and started getting screen flickering, the sort you would get if the cable was shorting. I checked the cable and it's in good condition, plus it only happens with Djay Pro open. Nothing with only spotify playing. Then, the playlist in Djay Pro gets to a certain song and it can't load it. Started the program again after restarting my laptop and it gets to another song and it looks like it's playing, but there's no audio output. Nothing shows up in the gain meter inside the program either. Then, I start it up again after yet another laptop restart, and set it to automix again (these are all on automix) and then the program crashes to desktop. This all happened within about 2 hours. There's no way I can show up an an event and have to restart my pc 3 to 4 times within two hours, leaving everyone in silence. I have a big even coming up and need something that actually works.
Photo of anon user

anon user

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Use MIXXX it's free and much better.
Photo of Dewaylon KingMe Clark

Dewaylon KingMe Clark

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Did u ever get an answer because i have the same problem
Photo of Richmond DJs

Richmond DJs

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
((((((((Crickets)))))))))
Photo of PROFFESIONAL DJ MASTER DAN THE MAN

PROFFESIONAL DJ MASTER DAN THE MAN

• 22 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You have to use a GENUINE COMPUTER made by Apple to use Djay Pro.

If you use a FAKE computer made by Windows or Dell then it will crash!

Hope this helps.
Photo of Joe Bowman

Joe Bowman

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I switched from Mac. I have an authentic windows laptop purchased from office max.
Photo of Ceal

Ceal

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I never got a solution to the problem. They asked for a video of the problem, but I've not gotten around to recording it. It's a random problem, it might take 2 hours of recording just to capture it. I'm not a fan of this software's customer support.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4104 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
Hi Ceal,

we are very sorry for that. Testing the stability is on our agenda and any suspicious behaviour is very to our interest.

Please let us know if you see a pattern.
Photo of Tony Storer-Hamm

Tony Storer-Hamm

• 40 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Is this sorted as a lot of people have the same issues
Photo of anon user

anon user

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
DJay Pro is hardly pro. Mixxx is much better for free. With DJay Pro the audio cuts out, the search function doesn't work, it loads songs in deck 2 by default? Obviously these guys have no clue when it comes to making it work on Windows and a PC.
Photo of Ed Hoornweg

Ed Hoornweg

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same over here, program won't even start up anymore and no support from Algoriddim, I think I start a case against theme for not support Windows users.
Photo of ManOf God

ManOf God

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem. Literally just purchased the app and its doesn't work.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4104 Posts
  • 399 Reply Likes
Hi guys,

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing this inconvenience. So let us investigate why djay is crashing on your device.

In order to find the root of the issue, we would need to look into an exemplary crash report.

You can generate it by following these steps (don't worry, it's a very straightforward process):

1. Open the Windows registry editor (Start > Run > type regedit.exe and press Enter).
  2. Make a Backup copy of the registry:
    1. Select Computer in the left column.
    2. Click on File in the top toolbar.
    3. Select Export...
    4. Choose a location and a file name.
    5. Click Save.
  3. Navigate to following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting
  4. In case there is no key named LocalDumps create one:
    1. Right-click Windows Error Reporting, go to New, and click Key.
    2. Type LocalDumps and click Enter.
  5. In this key, add the following values (right-click > New):
    • Create a String Value named DumpFolder with the following Value data: C:\algoriddim (via right-click Modify...)
    • Create DWORD (32-Bit) Value named DumpCount > right-click > Modify... >decimal > Value data: 10
    • Create DWORD (32-Bit) Value named DumpType > right-click > Modify... > decimal > Value data: 2
    • Create DWORD (32-Bit) Value named CustomDumpFlags > right-click > Modify... >decimal > Value data: 0
  6. Restart the machine to apply the changes.

Now, just follow the steps within djay that lead it to crash. Once djay has crashed, you will find the report in the folder C:\algoriddim

If you send it to me, I will forward it to our developers so they can investigate this issue.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Tony Storer-Hamm

• 40 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I think you guys should hook up a windows laptop and press play then welcome to our world u can then send crash reports to yourselves all day long
Photo of TheFreaktech .

TheFreaktech .

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
what happened to this?

did you get a fix?
Photo of NINth

NINth

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are you guys serious? I've read the same complains even older than a year on this forum and still nothing? I've just bought the software and it crashed 2 hours after using it, and I can see that I'm not alone with this issue. How is this even possible? And now what? It's literally useless for its main job because how could we use it on gigs if there's a 99% chance that it will crash at a random point?
Photo of Steve Butler

Steve Butler

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Oh dear i have just purchased the software and i am a new DJ and have 6 gigs coming up, the reason i bought it is because its the only one that works with Spotify and all my playlists are on it. I need to know if its going to crash on me, major embarrassment if it does on my first gig

Tony Storer-Hamm

• 40 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I don’t know how to break it to you but here it goes. I love this software it has good features up to date spec very stable and uses your local files and Spotify. You can adjust beatgrides on the fly readjust bpm add your own samples and has a barrage of custom samples as well. Slicing is a dream as well as beat jump and it’s so easy to use straight out the box. Now the bad bit.. DO NOT USE IN ANY WINDOWS BASED PC OR TABLET IT IS NEVER EVER STABLE. You might get away with it if you have a i5 or i7 spec pc but even then you never know. The only thing I personally have had no issues with is on an iOS or OX system. The reason for this is that algoriddim built this system from the ground up on apple hardware and the windows software was to extend it out to make money but check the support and the complaints they never fix or are very very slow to address issues on windows. My advise either up spec your windows pc, grab an iPad 4th gen onwards or get a MacBook...Sorry
Photo of Steve Butler

Steve Butler

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Its a brand new laptop 3 days old, so hopefully the software will not crash on me?

Tony Storer-Hamm

• 40 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
What’s the spec?
Photo of Max Argyle

Max Argyle

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Anyone had any resolutions to this? I purchased Djay Pro two days ago for windows 10 and am having very similar if not the same problem as many above *sigh*
Photo of Dean Burgin

Dean Burgin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
running windows 10, dell xps with i7 - all of sudden now everytime a load a track into deck 2 it shits its pants and everything starts skipping, stalling and going crazy,