Zurcon Tayne

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Juwan Hayward

Juwan Hayward

• 45 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I wanted a remote app on my iPad that works well with my mac mini, because I don't have a laptop. I think Algoriddim assumes that people will either use a laptop or an iPad/iPhone to DJ. I don't feel safe only using my iPad because it doesn't have as much music on it as my mac hard drive, and you will always get someone requesting a song that you didn't sync to your iPad! Spotify may work for some, but not every spot has wifi or good 3G/4G signal. Serato has a remote app which is crippled - no play/pause and no library navigation. The djay remote app would have been a great alternative. I gave up and just bought a small monitor to use with my mac mini instead of a laptop or a remote ipad app.
Photo of Deejay Dave

Deejay Dave

• 332 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
There IS a play/pause button in Serato Remote so wrong there.https://serato.com/remote/features#ipad

"Play Button

Free yourself from your laptop and engage with the crowd, Serato Remote 1.2 now has play and pause controls available for the first time."

Literally the FIRST sentence in the features panel LMAO

It also has library navigation. What it does not have is the ability to view said library on the mobile device's screen while navigating.

In the end for a Pro DJ a laptop SHOULD be incorporated in some way anyways. I offer a challenge to anyone here to find a song within a sizable library (50,000+ songs) as fast as I can with a laptop using ANY means of input device, controller, etc. I guarantee the keyboard on the laptop wins EVERY time...................
Photo of Juwan Hayward

Juwan Hayward

• 45 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Okay so they finally upgraded serato remote, good for them.! Yeah I'm pretty sure you knew what i meant about the library navigation (view), but anyways, no stacked waveforms still. The serato remote is still crippled. This article is about the lack of Djay remote, so i didn't want to dwell too much on Serato, was just drawing a brief comparison. Anyways, the point is that not all DJ's have the same style of doing things, and some of us would really like the remote feature, that's why people have come on here to request it!
(Edited)
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 17 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Please, a remote is what we need for XMAS! :) Bring it back!
Photo of Zurcon Tayne

Zurcon Tayne

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
IT's Over a Year ago, I put up the same thing? Yes It Would be Nice.
What's holding it up 2016 or Is it RIP
Photo of Dave Budwal

Dave Budwal

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Your guys seriously need to bring back the Remote App for DJAY. Was the best thing !
Photo of Chris Simpson

Chris Simpson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
sort it out fellas before people change to an alternative, massive shame when everything else is great.
Photo of Dave Orritt

Dave Orritt

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Too right
Photo of Nate Heath

Nate Heath

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just imagine using djay Pro on my laptop (since I have a TB of storage) but using the iPad as a full controller for it. Or being able to use the remote on my iPhone if I walk away from the computer! Would really love it.
Photo of Bernie Rainer-Guy

Bernie Rainer-Guy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Where is the remote feature?
Photo of Michael Victor

Michael Victor

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Nothing still?
Photo of adiioan

adiioan

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Algoriddim Team - is so hard to update old remote for Djay Pro ?
Photo of adiioan

adiioan

• 24 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
For me, remote missing is the major reason not upgrade to Djay Pro
I'll stick with old Djay and remote.....
Photo of G. Sampson

G. Sampson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I mix sound with a hard working band. I currently use Spotify and Virtual DJ for mixing dance music between sets. We use a Yamaha TF Rack for our stage box. I control this stage box from an Ipad app so I can mix their sound. I would love to leave my PC on the stage plugged into the TF rack with DJay running and be able to control it from the ipad as well. The Ipad, TF rack and the PC share the same wireless network.
I know I can stream the audio from Djay Pro to the TF rack using an Apple TV or something else like that but the audio lags and can stutter...not good at all. Sending data commands only to DJay from the ipad to the PC would be much less demanding of the wifi network.
So I agree, a Djay remote for Ipad to PC would be great! A must in fact.
Until then Virtual DJ is it. I can control my PC remotely from the ipad. Just wish I could access my Spotify account like Djay allows. Oh well...
Photo of davemcollins

davemcollins

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Am I missing something or is there still no Remote app available? It would be great to have something, even with simple controls - eg: time elapsed/remaining, play/pause/cue, level control.
Serato’s was mentioned above: https://serato.com/remote/features#mini
Virtual DJ also has one: https://www.virtualdj.com/products/vd...
Hope to see even a basic version again soon! Thank you!
Photo of Chris G

Chris G

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just switched from DJay to Virtual DJ because of the issue with the not existing remote app. I would switch back in a heartbeat if a remote app would be released (without stupid monthly payments of course).
Photo of Crispin Kane

Crispin Kane

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello, guys please bring the remote back, I have to use an old iPod IOS v6.1.3 as this V works with the old remote.

Please bring it back so I can use the updated djay pro....
Photo of Rick Hutchins

Rick Hutchins

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
They are doing too well being able to interface with expensive DJ consoles. The manufactures probably don’t want us to be able to use an
iPad or iPhone.
Photo of Deejay Dave

Deejay Dave

• 332 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
It's almost as if there is some secret project made for iPad's & iPhone's that Algoriddim is working on that is getting in the way...............
Photo of Dimitris Sante

Dimitris Sante

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello there , just an other customer asking the same thing... I have bought both djay pro for my lap top and my android but no option.....
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4023 Posts
  • 387 Reply Likes
Hi @all,

The djay Remote was discontinued in 2014.
While we currently don’t have a new remote app on our roadmap I’ll be sure to forward your feedback to the team.

Cheers
Lukas E.
Photo of Rick Hutchins

Rick Hutchins

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Lukas,

Thank you for your reply. I am glad someone from the company is reading our posts. I have been a loyal customer and have bought every version of the DJay program and for all devices and windows and macs. I have several shows running. Even after buying mixers , I still would find it of great value to have remotes useable on my iPads and phones. Clients love the look of all the devices with turntables on them, and laugh at me using my iPad to control my booth. Other DJs want this software when they see me do that. Now my old devices are not hardly worth the effort to keep going. And I want all the latest features on all shows. Thx.
Photo of Deejay Dave

Deejay Dave

• 332 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
............... why would you want your clients laughing at you? Furthermore you will find your older devices not worth the effort more and more as time goes by. This is natural progression. Your older controllers and laptops not being able to keep up is a good sign as this means the software is progressing and becoming more advanced. On the contrary imagine if you were purchasing newer hardware but were limited to software designed around old hardware......... If you are looking to simply use iphones or ipads have you considered a full move to Djay for iOS?
Photo of Axel Zehden

Axel Zehden

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I like the full feature set of the desktop pro version and the progress it makes. But the remote feature is not a limit it's an addition. You can't do anything and definitly can't mix the whole night. But on several parties and eventes (e.g. a wedding) it would be helpful to control volume, play/pause and even a new song via remote.
Obviously not for the dance mix.
And as this feature WAS there it is sad, it was dropped, as there is no reason.
Photo of Deejay Dave

Deejay Dave

• 332 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
My assumption would be the developers are able to see how many actually use/d it and decided the juice was not worth the squeeze?