save a loop

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
It would be cool if you could save a loop like a cue point . Load a song and recall the loop you have saved.
Photo of Dj-iBob Garewal

Dj-iBob Garewal

• 120 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Warren

Warren

• 3800 Posts
  • 202 Reply Likes
Thanks for posting.
Photo of DJ Bitz

DJ Bitz

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I too would like to be able to use "hot loops". Same idea as "hot cues" just with loops. Hopefully this will be added.
Photo of Dj-iBob Garewal

Dj-iBob Garewal

• 120 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Djay pro is out but it still doesn't save loops :-/
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Why oh why has a pro sortware not got saved loops?
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Is there any news on saved loops Lukas? To be able to have a series of saved loops at hand would propel this software on par with the likes of traktor and serato. Is it something that the developers have considered? Can it even be achieved with no glitches? I hope so as a pro software it's a must have feature that could see traktor and serato users jumping ship over to Djay.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4035 Posts
  • 388 Reply Likes
Hi Dysfunk DJ,

I pushed the issue internally. Be assured that saving Loops is an issue on our agenda. I will keep you updated if there are news regarding this issue.

Cheers,
Lukas E.
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Any news on this one Lukas? Saved loops needs to happen
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Any news on Saved Loops Lukas. I use loops you see and I'm sure other people do. Other competitors have it DJ player professional and Traktor DJ. Surly can't be that hard to implement. Iv tried DJPP and it works so well.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4035 Posts
  • 388 Reply Likes
Hi guys,

thank you for sharing, each post is pushing the implementation.
I am sorry that I can't give you guys detailed informations about our future plans, please understand.

Cheers,
Lukas E.
Photo of Dave Negre

Dave Negre

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello there is a loop backup for djay pro
Photo of Mix Master G

Mix Master G

• 63 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
You can try to mimic the saved loop function. (its not perfect but it works)

1 set cue points on the downbeats where you would normally start the loop

2 play the track, and turn on a loop at a random moment but with enough headroom to count down to the first downbeat. (so on the 3th downbeat or something)

3 with the loop active, call the hotcue set in step 1. on the 1st downbeat. The loop will migrate to the cuepoint but remains active.

Basically you use the fuction that a loop remains a active no matter where you travel to inside the track untill you de-activate it.
Photo of Daniel Marques

Daniel Marques

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That would be a great addition
Photo of Mix Master G

Mix Master G

• 63 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
see my video

https://youtu.be/F25-5Fdw8XY

around time frame 10:40 I'll show you how I do it
Photo of Dj-iBob Garewal

Dj-iBob Garewal

• 120 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
@Mix Master G - it's a good work around. But it's just not addressing the issue. I posted this question 2 years ago . How hard is it to implement this when apps like TDJ , DJPP, Cross Dj all do it ? They did it years ago.
(Edited)
Photo of Mix Master G

Mix Master G

• 63 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
@DJ-iBob

the saddes part is, the trick doesnt work anymore with djay Pro on iPad (it does on MacOS and with djay 2 on iPad)
I had to find that out while working a gig and had to fall back to my trusty iPad as a back up
Photo of Dj-iBob Garewal

Dj-iBob Garewal

• 120 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Not cool
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Not cool at all. With the other issues such as shortened loops and sync as well as not been able to save a simple loop iv put djay pro down and am using other software that does what I need.
Photo of Dj-iBob Garewal

Dj-iBob Garewal

• 120 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I hear you Dysfunk, & see you on DJPP! But I havnt given up hope here. The elastic gridding is really good for someone like me who plays alot of oldskool and new skool. If they manage to bring the rest of the app up with saving loops, quantized cue points, Ableton link and a song recommendation engine I would use it professionally for sure.
(Edited)
Photo of Gergely Görcs

Gergely Görcs

• 22 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Would be great. Traktor does it for years.
Photo of Gontie

Gontie

• 120 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Save the loop, save it in the MP3 file and also the ability to name it.
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
When they figure out how to save loops that will be a start
Photo of Dj-iBob Garewal

Dj-iBob Garewal

• 120 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Save a loop is really turning into a mystery. How can they not figure this basic DJ need out?
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Well they can already as on the beatpad there is already auto loop, and it's just a case of assigning loops to cues. Simples
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I'll be very surprised if it's implemented this year
Photo of kalo

kalo

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
saving a loop as hotcue is a must-have !

come on developer guys, implement it ! .. and you can be sure a lot of the Pro user will give DJay a real chance !

thx !!!!!!!!
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I agree Kalo it is a must feature if djay pro wants to be considered a serious contender in the pro dj software arena. Or perhaps they are happy where they are.
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 14 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Agree with everybody. One simple improvement to the software would take it to a proper pro level. Everybody on this forum needs to like this chain and send a clear message to algoriddin about what we all want. I am finding their slow response very frustrating and I am also considering other software, namely DJPP.
Photo of kalo

kalo

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
yes ! there will even be some DJPP or NI TDJ user which will maybe migrate to DJay, the 4 deck view and the flexible gridding is amazing ... but missing HOTCUE LOOPS is a showstopper to start, a final NoGo !
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Yeah check out the grid, so so good. I play old skool house which has funk, break beat and hip hop elements, so the flexible grid means 99 out of 100 it's spot on. Play acapellas no problem too. It's why I moved away from another platform because of fixed grid.
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 14 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have a beatpad2 and I know mappings for DJPP exist on DJtechtools. Not downloaded yet, was hoping algoriddin would sort out deficiencies with DJay Pro. Does Beatpad work well with DJPP midi maps and how easy is it to implement on an iPad?
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Yes they work with beatpad 2. Need to USB to iTunes on a pc or mac then add the mapping.
Photo of Dave Negre

Dave Negre

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
A dj software without backup of the loop is not very interesting j was disgusted by this lack of functionality thought you a day l add it to the dj pro
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
So much interest for saved loops but very little reply from algoriddam
Photo of DJ Bitz

DJ Bitz

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for all your replies to this topic. I'm glad it's getting some prime time comments. Hopefully if there are enough Algoriddim will take notice
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Let's hope so. It's on thier agenda but then again its a 3 year plus thread for saved loops so I'll be very surprised if it's implemented this year.
(Edited)
Photo of DJ Ferm

DJ Ferm

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm losing hope/interest in DjayPro. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and a Reloop Mixon 4; top tier equipment and I can't save loops?!
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Yep I hear you mate. There is another software company who may meet your needs. Step over to dj tech tools and you will see a good mapping for the Mixon 4 by dj Hombre
Photo of DJ Ferm

DJ Ferm

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Will it work with Spotify? That's the only reason I continue with djay Pro. ESSENTIAL for song requests at gigs.
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Works with Deezer.
Photo of DJ Bitz

DJ Bitz

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Pulselocker is what I use now. You can easily look up any song in their library as long as you have a connection. It also allows offline play.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4048 Posts
  • 389 Reply Likes
Hey guys,

your posts are getting heard. Please note that every implementation, no matter how big it appears needs a lot of thinking over on how to fit the implementation into the status quo.

Cheers,Lukas E.
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I appreciate you getting back to this topic but to say adding loops to cues needs thinking on how fit the implementation is rather lame. As a dj pro software with 4 decks saved loops needs prioritising. If algoriddam can't think how to fit that in then I'm afraid your really not given us consumers a lot of confidence.
Photo of kalo

kalo

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
you both are right IMHO
Lukas: I can imagine, the developer must think about internal storage structure/db as your cue definition needs a cue end attribute, also kind of cue loop type. Got it, understand at all. But please force this, Dysfunk is right too, from user perspective currently it is a showstopper, all fanzy gui designs and 4 deck are useless for professionals if this will not come in near future. So thanks so much for hearling .. and pushing internally !
Photo of kalo

kalo

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Lukas, did you get some first feedback from the developer?
do you think we can hope for it in next DJay update ?
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
They generally don't discuss future updates Kalo. Although feedback from the developer would be useful. What's your thoughts Lukas?
Photo of kalo

kalo

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
that's a pity .. companies could post some plans, that would keep the engaged user for sure ;)
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Yeah with the other software it's a one man show which makes it easier to communicate. Not so with algoriddam. Saved loops will happen it's just a question of when. It's just frustrating as it's a pretty basic but key function especially with djay pro as it has 4 decks.
Photo of canyon

canyon

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please allow us the ability to save loops
Photo of Zubin Desai

Zubin Desai

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
How has this still not been implemented? It's the only thing keeping me from using Djay Pro over Traktor when I play gigs. Saved loops are a MUST for any pro DJ software.
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
I think we're edging closer to saved loops but in all honesty why it's not been implemented sooner is anyone's guess
Photo of kalo

kalo

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@Zubin: coudn't say better. thats exactly also my single showstopper preventing me to migrate to DJay. My hope was the 'Pro' in the solition would have offered this.
Photo of kalo

kalo

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
@Lukas: do you know already if it could be a candidate for next beta release ?
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good question Kalo. Have you spoken with Lukas? If he would listen you could help them for sure
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
What do you say Lukas?
Photo of craig

craig

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hotcue loops would be a killer feature that would get me to switch from Traktor. Otherwise it's a nonstarter. Please implement this. Thank you!
Photo of Dysfunk DJ

Dysfunk DJ

• 262 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Lots and lots of people want this feature, I have no clue as to why algoriddam haven't implemented it, as it wouldn't be difficult to do.