Spotify integration on Djay for Mac?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Hello, new to the forum, and Algoriddim products. My question is, I see that Djay does now offer Spotify integration, is that only for the ipad/iphone products, or is that available for the mac version also? I didn't see it included in the list of features on the mac app store and assume it just hasn't been updated yet.
Photo of Brad McCraw

Brad McCraw

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Luis Enrique Pérez

Luis Enrique Pérez

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I will never think of them joking with people. That would be a lack of respect if they mean dec 18th, 2015!
Photo of Nick Wharton

Nick Wharton

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Or maybe they mean December 2018.
Photo of Nick Wharton

Nick Wharton

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Or maybe they're just waiting for 10am Cupertino time just like Apple always do...so 6pm UK time.

Luis Enrique Pérez

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
But they find themselves in Germany, I think, so what are they waiting for?
Photo of Nick Wharton

Nick Wharton

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
The Americans to wake up.
Photo of Cœ Dorei

Cœ Dorei

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
assholes. i want my refund
Photo of Nick Wharton

Nick Wharton

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Photo of Seb G

Seb G

• 28 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
YAY!! Purchased... Can't wait to try it out later!!

Luis Enrique Pérez

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Purchased!!!!! Playing with it already!!!!!!!
Photo of Ester Katz

Ester Katz

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm so disappointed. The one and only reason I just dropped $49 in downloading DJay pro was being able to integrate my premium spotify service with it. And I can't seem to get my Macbook Air and spotify to make the final connection. It goes through everything..then shows my info and the only option i have is a cancel button. and I can't get that pop up page to go away any other way but to cancel the process. there is no "DONE" button.
Photo of Ester Katz

Ester Katz

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
looks like i finally got in. a "done" button appeared.
Photo of Keith Enright

Keith Enright

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Spotify seems to be working fine for me, but all recording is disabled when you're using Spotify as your catalog. That makes this app pretty useless to me, as I don't need another app for just playing around w/ live mixes. I've requested a refund. I understand Algoriddim likely couldn't get around the licensing challenges to allow recording from Spotify, but I wish they'd made this clearer in the app description, and I wouldn't have wasted my time buying the app. Hopefully they'll make that clearer in the description.
Photo of Danny Feinstein

Danny Feinstein

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you're running on a Mac you can load up Soundflower and record your audio into another DAW or audacity etc
Photo of Danny Feinstein

Danny Feinstein

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Kieth, if you're running on a Mac you can use soundflower to send the djay audio to record in a DAW. I'm sure there's a similar solution for PC.
Photo of Graham Brown

Graham Brown

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think you need to scroll down to see the ok button
Photo of The MC

The MC

• 30 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Will existing users get this at a discounted rate?
Photo of Alfredo Alberola

Alfredo Alberola

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Its already a 40% discount for limited time
Photo of The MC

The MC

• 30 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yeah I saw that after I posted -- but given the way this whole thing was handled I was wondering if there was some concession for existing users (esp say if you just bought the product this year with no clue that it was going to be made obsolete by this new product)
Photo of Mikael

Mikael

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
YES!!

Thank you Algoriddim. Bought it instantly.
Now I can sell my iPad that has been serving only one purpose running djay2 with Spotify :)
Photo of electricsun

electricsun

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Major question: is spotify offline possible? In clubs I never have online access to the tracks.
Photo of Stevie O

Stevie O

• 6 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I purchased Djay for Mac last Spring thinking it would integrate Spotify much as it did for iPhone and iPad, but we all know that was not the case. As a result, I never used the program, which cost something like $30. So now the real deal comes along and they treat it as a new purchase, no credit for existing users. Not sure if this is good business. I'm feeling somewhat swindled.
Photo of Graham Brown

Graham Brown

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just purchased the PRO to run with my RELOOP controller. Insanely laggy and won't load more than one track. I'm running on a MBP. Any suggestions?
Photo of Anders

Anders, Official Rep

• 249 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
djay Pro added support for Spotify on Mac:
http://www.algoriddim.com/djay-mac
Photo of electricsun

electricsun

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Anders, is spotify offline possible? In clubs I never have online access to the tracks.
Photo of Anders

Anders, Official Rep

• 249 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Currently no, sorry.
Photo of Wolfgang Kah

Wolfgang Kah

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
anytime soon?
Photo of AerialServant

AerialServant

• 9 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Due to OSX 'sandboxing', which adds security to the operating system by limiting the environment an app has access to, DJay Pro just can't dive into your installed Spotify app's offline playlists.
HOWEVER, I just did a look into the Spotify API, libspotify, which does indeed support the possibility of implementing and tracking offline tracks (see https://developer.spotify.com/docs/li...). There's also pyspotify, python spotify api, which as of version 2.0.0a1, supports offline playlists (see https://github.com/mopidy/pyspotify/i... , and https://pyspotify.mopidy.com/en/lates...).
It appears this is just a question of Algoriddim paying people to implement it, the desire to do so, and their overall project plan timeline.
Photo of Anders

Anders, Official Rep

• 249 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Unfortunately that’s not the case, as djay is using other means to access Spotify due to its specific requirements.
Photo of AerialServant

AerialServant

• 9 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
So, I guess that leaves the Spotify Web API, since that does not appear to support offline playlists, and judging from the documentation, is not as granular of an API as libspotify .... if not, what then, out of curiosity? Thanks!
Photo of Vitalik Grabovskij

Vitalik Grabovskij

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
need code
Photo of Jorge Reyes

Jorge Reyes

• 12 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
i use IDjay with spotify integration for Mac you just have to purchase the App separately that comes out to $50.00 or so..
Photo of Gämïńg wīth Väł

Gämïńg wīth Väł

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
has it been working for you ,,, i cant access spotify thru my mac using dj pro 2
Photo of Gämïńg wīth Väł

Gämïńg wīth Väł

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i have spotify premium account . i jus downloaded dj pro 2 for my Mac Air, and it dont log in at all.. i restarted my laptop several times , i even logged into spotify thru my iphone and access spotify using dj pro on my iphone and works perfectly but when i try the same thing thru my Mac laptop it dont respond when i hit log in / enter.. i even tried signing up as a new spotify user and same thing .. need helppppp.. i paid alot of moeny for this program and the main reason for it was to use the spotify music
thank you