TIDAL Integration with djay Pro!

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
TIDAL's sound quality is far superior to that of Spotify & iTunes... I've used all 3, but now I only use TIDAL. If djay Pro for Mac had TIDAL integration, I'd buy it today!

So, how about adding TIDAL integration for djay Pro?!
Photo of James Francis

James Francis

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4029 Posts
  • 388 Reply Likes
Hi James Francis,

at the moment we are not supporting Tidal and we generally don't talk about our future plans.

Regarding the streaming quality, have you tried to change the Spotify streaming quality in the djay settings?
You can do so via Preferences > Media Library > Spotify Quality.

Cheers,Lukas E.
Photo of Natalja Baskirova

Natalja Baskirova

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I agree with James on Tidal integration. But what about flac integration? Are you going to support flac format? When?
Photo of masterdeeno

masterdeeno

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
i also would like to request for tidal support only because spotify terms and conditions doesn’t allow streaming service for paid gigs. it’s only allowed for personal and non-commercial
Photo of James Francis

James Francis

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the reply Lukas.

The best streaming quality that Spotify offers is 320 kbps lossy mp3s, whereas TIDAL offers 1411 kbps lossless FLAC.

Basically TIDAL delivers 4 times more data per song than Spotify, which means crisper highs, fuller lows, clearer notes, and a vastly superior dynamic range.

These days, I can typically tell right away whether I'm listening to an mp3 or a lossless file... mp3s lack "life."

Lossy files may be fine in circumstances where you have limited hard drive space or bandwidth, but you lose sound quality with lossy files.

You don't lose sound quality with lossless files, and whether I'm working to get people on the dance floor, or just entertaining myself, I want high fidelity.

High fidelity is music to my ears... whereas mp3s more resemble nails on a chalk board.
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4029 Posts
  • 388 Reply Likes
Hi James Francis,

thank you for your follow up, I see your problem and understand why you would appreciate Tidal as streaming option.

I want to thank you for pointing out your issue and we will let you know if there is news regarding Tidal or a 320kbps+ Spotify setting.

Cheers,Lukas E.
Photo of Roemer Van Toorn

Roemer Van Toorn

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Now I that I have listened to Tidal, I never like to hear spotify again. Good interface Spotify has (Apple has become a mesh), Spotify has a big collection too, but Tidal brings back what quality should sound like (like in the time sof the CD and record). Neil Young was so right iTunes quality is ruining the music quality artist put into! Lets hope Tidal will be available on DJ Pro soon, especially when you appreciate sound quality. Once you here what Tidal brings... you cannot go back.
Photo of Petr Komma

Petr Komma

• 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
Any news about Tidal integration?
Photo of Alphasounds

Alphasounds

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
same here, no tidal no upgrade
Photo of PHz

PHz

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Waiting for Tidal Integration, I love the new interface of Djay Pro 2,

I enjoy using with Midi Interface, so much fun, but with sound quality there will be no match to other DJ Software.

PS I had been using Traktor since 2000s
Photo of Allen Ackerman

Allen Ackerman

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When is Tidal coming to DJ?
Photo of Thomas Hörmann

Thomas Hörmann

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
You should check out the development of Serato DJ - I saw a Beta version of Serato DJ Pro that has already Tidal integration.
Photo of James Francis

James Francis

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the tip Thomas! Very much appreciated!

It inspired a fair amount of research, and I just purchased a Roland DJ-808 DJ Controller, which has "the deepest Serato DJ Pro integration available."

I am now anxiously awaiting its arrival and can't wait to jam out with it using TIDAL!

Thanks again!
Photo of Steve Probert

Steve Probert

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Come on Algoriddim!

Your getting left behind...

Tidal is far superior to Spotify and the same price per month! I already have Serato, I prefer DJ Pro for layout and readability but will defo make the switch permanently if Tidal integration is not forthcoming

Disappointed
Photo of Lukas E

Lukas E, Official Rep

• 4029 Posts
  • 388 Reply Likes
Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Your posts are forwarded internally and added to our user request list.

Cheers
Lukas E.