VJay For Mac !

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
There is no good software for mac for VJays/DJays... VirtualDJ has alot of stability problems on mac, an serato video is hardware dependent (RANE ssl) so very expensive.

Please make a Vjay software with all the Djay capabilities (your good itunes integration)
- We also need live feed video from macbook pro's webcam or an external iphone (this is not complicated as there are already apps for that such as iwebcamera)

- midi controller
- Text input
- Video effects
- Video transitions
- later on maybe twitter integration to show on the external screen the twitter conversation #subject or @people

Me + all the mac DJ/VJ would love to see that happen !!

Thanks for considering this idea.
Photo of vipcrim

vipcrim

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confident

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Obiwan Riko

Obiwan Riko

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Drysen ... I found something on the mac = Cross DJ not simple as Djay is though but work correctly... Me I made the jump because what you describe about the ipad is the problem i quickly came into...
Photo of starpause

starpause

• 48 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Wanted to bump up this solution, Cross is worth checking out especially since there's a free version to trial in the mac app store to see if it will work for you. Full version ($129 atm) has all features that OP was asking for (except twitter integration).
Photo of Obiwan Riko

Obiwan Riko

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes this is a good solution, be careful of the spec of hardware for video... Also the user interface is somehow not always easy when you are on the rush to find the next tune to play... but At least they do the thing and it works !!!
Photo of djmagicmoments

djmagicmoments

• 836 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Over TWO YEARS we have been waiting for a new version...

People are jumping ship Warren. It's VERY interesting that you keep adding things to the iPad app but nothing for the Mac app.

If this is going to be just an toy iPad app, let us know so we can stop checking back.

Beyond frustrating at this point!
Photo of Andre Walker

Andre Walker

• 17 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
you guys are fools....you can easily just give us a fake date or say we are not going to update and to hell will you mac people..but no y'all are just bull shitting around. bed room djs are in full control now...
Photo of Obiwan Riko

Obiwan Riko

• 9 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Also the last update on the djay app on mac was not worth it... Spotify ? ... Come on !!! when I have to mix on the middle of nowhere with only 1 signal of 3G ???? What a joke ! On my last party, people said that video mix was a great addition because it attracted people to come to the dance floor and so to make the party a success... Hey we were 100 !!!