American Audio VMS2 Midi Mapping

Just picked up a VMS2. I’m trying to map it in djay and have most of it done. Unfortunately, I can’t get the jog wheels quite right. Has anyone had any success with this?

Hi Warren,

That worked. I had to really play with the advanced settings, but I think I got it. Thanks!

Still trying to get this right, believe it or not. Honestly haven’t spent too much time on it, but I’m having a lot of challenges with the include Virtual DJ LE, so I want to switch back to DJAY, but using this controller. I’ve worked out much of the settings, but have a lot of trouble getting the audio channels right between the cue mix and the master out. I’m thinking that this controller is Channel 1 and 3 as the master, while 2 and 4 are the cue. DJAY only allows you to do 1-2 or 3-4 for the audio channels.

The other issue that the button lights don’t work, for the most part, when using DJAY, but I can live with that, if I can get the audio out to work. Still a work in progress unfortunately.

OK… since I’ve been working on this a lot today, I’ve come up with the proper Midi Mapping for DJAY and the VMS2. Unfortunately the only way to get the Main Output audio to work properly is run off the Built-In Output on the Mac’s sound card, and not from the VMS2 output. This is extremely disappointing because I prefer the balanced output on the VMS2, plus its analog mixing capability which I frequently rely on. If any one has any ideas on how to get the Main Output to work properly from DJAY out of the VMS2 please let me know.

I’m not sure how to attach a file to this forum so if you want a copy of it,let me know how to get it to you.

That doesn’t work. The sound goes through the VMS2, but it all comes through the left turntable. It’s hard to explain but the only way to hear the right turntable is to set the crossfader to the mid point. Then I can at least hear the right turntable, but the left fader still controls the volume.

I will do that tonight. How do I upload video?

Here’s the video. Both decks were set to USB. You’ll see at the end of the video, I did discover a workaround, but not a functional one.

Click HERE

Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks for taking a look at this.

Had a conversation with American Audio. Tech was mostly confused because they don’t support DJAY, and the ASIO interface in their manual is Windows only. I did some internet searching that lead me to the “Audio MIDI Setup” in the Mac OS utility folder. I’ll be checking that out next to see what I can configure and I’ll update you with my results. Might take a few days since I have a busy working weekend ahead.

6 months later, and I finally found some free time to check out the Audio MIDI setup. It was a complete failure. I really couldn’t do anything with that. I’ve given up on the VMS2 working with DJAY. Thanks.

Hey Charles,

Sorry to say, I never figured out the VMS2. I got all of the mapping done, but there was no way to get the audio channels to work correctly.

Check out the Denon MC4000.

Works for me!

No issues. Fully compatible out of the box.

Odyssey FZGSC4000

Hi,

this depends on whether the jogwheels are touch-sensitive or not.

Simply open the configuration window and move one of the jogwheels. If two controls are
“created” (one button and one rotary control), then you have touch-sensitive jogwheels.

touch-sensitive:

• map the rotary to “Scratch”
  • map the button to “Scratching Mode”

not touch-sensitive:

• map the rotary to “Scratch (no touch detection)”

Optionally, map a button on your controller to “Toggle Jog Seek Mode”

Hi Marty,

If you have any questions regarding the mapping feature, please let me know.

Hi,

Open “Preferences” from the “djay” menu and go to “Devices”. You should be able to set your controller as audio output there.

What are your exact Devices settings in djay? I’m also not sure if I understand you completely. Can you perhaps make a short video recording of the problem?

Also, on the fron of your controller, there should be two switches saying “USB/Analog”. Make sure that they’re both set to USB.

You can e.g. upload it to Dropbox and just post the link.

Thanks for making the video, I’ll take a look and get back to you.