Android tab wont work with djay and reloop buddy.

Life is complicated :grin::+1:

Okay, so I have found a workaround.

I believe some people are using splitters in order to get their tablets and phones working with their DJ controllers but my tablet doesn’t have a headphone jack.

I have recently discovered that split audio mode works even when connected to the controller.

With that in mind, I purchased some more leads and connectors off amazon and am still using split audio mode but at the controllers RCA output.

So I have an RCA lead plugged into the controller

At the other end, I have connected two of these splitters

I have then connected another RCA lead to one side. This then connects to your amp.

And on the other side, I have connected an RCA to headphone jack

Then plugged my headphones into the headphone jack.

You might end up with the master/precue back to front so just flip the RCA around at the controller.

Excuse the crude diagram :rofl:

1 Like

Obviously and unfortunately, the sound is in mono but at least it works!!

The sound is also quite weak so it might be an idea to purchase a compact little preamp box to boost the sound to your headphones.

I think this would be perfectly usable with a couple of tweaks.

I CANNOT believe that I’m actually using my controller for the first time since buying it over a year ago!!

Good morning,
I do not find it normal that this article is said to be Android compatible and that it does not work, not everyone has the financial means to pay for an Apple in view of the prices, in the meantime I have bought a buddy and I do not I can’t use it, it’s time to make an update for the device to work, we should have the possibility to choose which sound card we can use, (Reloop buddy sound card, or Tablet sound card), I find this false advertising)
Cordially

1 Like

Yes, I’m with you on that one. This problem has been around for years. I’ve seen posts on here dating back to 2015/2016 where people have complained that the headphones don’t work when using one of the controllers Algoriddim list as being compatible.

Unfortunately, I didn’t join this forum until after I purchased my Reloop Beatpad. Basically, I read that there was a few nativley supported controllers on google play. I then checked these out on the Algoriddim website.

I am the type of person that likes to research products before I purchase them and there was absolutely no information about compatibility issues with certain device’s. I only discovered the problem after I plugged everything in for the first time. Originally I thought it was a faulty controller but unfortunately that wasn’t the case.

The Algoriddim support team did tell me that they were working on a fix so I thought there would be an update in the near future that would sort everything out. I should have returned the controller for a refund but stupidly I hung on to it. Nothing ever happened in the end and it was only recently that Algoriddim came forward and said that the issue won’t be fixed.

I’ve owned my beatpad for the best part of 2 years and I have only just stumbled across a workaround. Admittedly it’s not really a proper solution but at least I am now able to use the device, rather than it sitting collecting dust.

The thing that I really can’t get my head around is that if these controllers do have compatibility issues, why isn’t this mentioned anywhere on google play or Algoriddims website. I, like you think that it’s false advertising to use the words “native intergration” when in reality, these controllers work with very few, if any, android devices.

Out of interest, what android device are you trying to use. The Algoriddim staff say the issue is mostly with Samsung devices but I have tried a fair few different brands and none of them work.

13 day turnaround on this one

I really appreciate all of your hard work and research on this. I just purchased the Pioneer DDJ FLX4 controller. Everything works great except for the headphones…!!! I am using a Samsung Tab S7 FE. May have to bite the bullet and get an iPad…
It states on Algoriddim and Pioneer’s sites that the DDJ FLX4 is compatible with dJay. I emailed Pioneer support and they were not much help either…
Its nice that dJay Pro was just released for Windows 10, no Neural Mix though…
Thanks again SnAkEs1210!!

Yeah, I think we have all purchased controllers that Algoriddim claim are supported but after plugging it all in and finding out the precue doesn’t work, it would appear none of them are actually supported.

Algoriddim will tell you it’s because you are trying to use a samsung device almost as if it’s your fault, and I would accept responsibility for making this mistake if it stated on their website that they do not support Samsung devices but this is not the case. Unfortunately it is also not just Samsung devices that are affected, I’ve tested multiple Sony devices as well, I even dug out an old htc.

Other people have reported that nvidia, Xiaomi, one plus also suffer the same problem and as of yet, Algoriddim haven’t been able to inform me of a single android device that works despite me asking since 2022.

They just pretty much ignore me now and I only get the occasional private message on here from one of the staff, giving me a telling me off for saying stuff. I then ask about supported devices and they disappear again.

Anyway, my little workaround works quite well for the minute. The leads and splitters only cost a few pounds so it’s quite a cheap solution, way cheaper than purchasing an ipad. I’ve finally been able to use the reloop beatpad that I purchased two years ago. I’m not sure why the Algoriddim staff weren’t able to suggest this method.

Thank you. You mentioned that the connection is mono. Does the music sound bad or no change?

The music sounds fine, its still the same quality but in mono.

Broadcasting in mono is actually a better option when performing live to an audience at a party or in a club.

The reason for this is when you listen to music on headphones, you are essentially in the centre of the sound field and stereo phasing will be heard as the artist intended.

The same with listening to music at home on a hifi. Generally people have the speakers far apart and then position themselves directly inbetween them.

Stereo is fantastic when you can position yourself in the exact spot where you can hear each speaker equally.

This will never be the case at a busy party. 40 people cannot all be occupying that same “sweet” spot. Some will be closer to the left speaker, some the right etc.

Now imagine if a song has been recorded with stereo phasing. For instance, if the vocal is phased more to the right side. The vocal will be a lot quieter for people stood next to the left speaker. The vocal would be very loud to the people stood next to the right speaker.

Now for instance, if the vocal phased from left to right, from right to left. It would appear that the vocal was getting louder and quieter to people stood closest to the speakers. The only people that would hear a consistent level would be the people stood exactly in the middle.

I’m using vocals as an example but it could be any part of the music. Perhaps the snare is phased to the right and the kick drum is phased to the left. This sounds good on headphones or on a soundsystem where you can position yourself in the optimal position but doesn’t sound so good if you were stood at the bar, right next to the left speaker.

Mono will still play through both speakers but the sound will be exactly the same for left and right. As a result, your audience should hear the same sound no matter where they are in the room/venue.

I hope this helps.

Here is a little video that might explain it better.

1 Like

This is excellent. Thank you very much!!! You have been a huge help. Cannot wait to start pre-cueing and using the system as it was intended.

Hey, no problem. Some of us try to be helpful :laughing:

Hopefully you’ll be up and running in the near future. Just need a few inexpensive leads and connectors and you should be good to go.

Would be nice to use the setup in stereo for when I’m just mixing on my headphones but it’s not a massive problem. As previously mentioned, when I play to an audience, my amp is set to mono anyway. Just helps to give a nicer, more even sound to everybody listening regardless of their position in relation to the speakers.

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

Hi guys,

just stumbled in here because of an obvious reason… to cut long things short:

Samsung S7+ tablet - bought it because i HATE anything with an apple on it but wanted a highend-ranged tablet, for sure also with DJing on my mind

Reloop Beatpad 2 - saw it, almost jumped to the ceiling: Wow, Android-capable DJ controler finally, bought it

Djay Pro - really like the asketic look of it, a very nice peace of software, even bought a monthly suscription AFTER I read somewhere the precueing is not included in the free version

Set everything up - nothing over my earphones, totally dead, no matter what I tried. Pissed off big time.

Got even more angry after reading through any FAQs I could find on Algoriddim support and then, finally, finding a very small page, very hidden, in which they state that "…uhmmmmm, yeah, as you mention it: There ARE some devices that wont work propperly...." Oh? You kiddin me? Why has this never been stated on your homepage? Why is this app still been sold as “android-compatible”? You obviously know this for years now!?

Finally I`ll be the first one to ad a device that gave me a WORKING precue:

My cheap, simple, and worn out work-cellphone, an HONOR S8+, obviously fully supports multi-channel audio. Connected it and immediatly got full working precue in stereo, period.

Regards!

PS. I`m starting to think wether stepping over to the fruit company might be the smarter move nonetheless…

1 Like

Yes, the main issue is that Algoriddim continue to let people spend their hard earned money on equipment that they know won’t work.

Fortunately I read this topic before buying a reloop buddy. I currently have a Numark Idjay Live II and I wanted to buy one with pads. I had other Numarks in mind but none of them are compatible with Android since I have a Galaxy Tab S7 Plus.

I am mixing with the numark idjay live II + the djay pro program in Windows 11, it really works very well, many years ago I used this same mixer but with an iPad Air 3.

I think I will completely rule out going for a reloop buddy even if the djay website indicates that it is compatible with android. I don’t know if it will be the same case for the pioneer ddj200.

Your Tab S7 plus wont work correctly with djay regardless of what controller you use. Apparently, the issue is that Algoriddim were unable to get multi-channel audio working on the latest android devices. This means that the audio is not routed correctly to the controller and the headphone jack simply doesn’t work.

Please refer to the linked FAQ article regarding Android devices. Thanks.