app crashed in the middle of ppl dancing

1. I was able to download the latest update… I will test it out and let you know…

2. crash reports were from same computer but different OS… the one on Sonoma was the really bad one …

3. I already did that part by directly through the djay app on your Mac via Provide djay Pro Feedback…not sure why it hasn’t gotten to you…

Okay, thanks for the follow up @Xten. Please report back here if 5.1.2 has fixed your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is the 2nd crash I had in the middle of 200 ppl dancing during a big reception . Dance floor literally wiped out , planner came and started yelling at me !! I am beyond upset and disappointed …
Last time I submitted the crash report a few months ago , I did everything you asked me to do and after many many weeks , they never told me what caused the crash, you guys just went around in circles. This is really frustrating , have been using djay pro since 2021 and the older versions were much stable , these new ones are crap … the bpm keeps changing and there’s loads of other issues , but the main issue is the stability which needs to be fixed! Also , when I go to settings , I don’t see the option to contact support. I want to know what caused this asap and how I can submit all of this … and the best part is no other apps were open and Wifi was off also :((((

I was playing a track and I hit sync on the other deck and it crashed :frowning:

Version: 5.1.6
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1
I was using MacBook Pro M1 chip 2020 8 GB RAM and Pioneer DDJ SX Controller . Crash report is below …

Translated Report (Full Report Below)

Process: djay Pro [746]
Path: /Applications/djay Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/djay Pro
Identifier: com.algoriddim.djay-iphone-free
Version: 5.1.6 (58145)
App Item ID: 450527929
App External ID: 865328799
Code Type: ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2024-05-04 22:26:36.7848 -0400
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1 (23E224)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 05C8BBE5-6B2B-F495-93BC-A50ED2DB67D4

Time Awake Since Boot: 3500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 7 CVDisplayLink

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000003f800000
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000003f800000

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process: exc handler [746]

VM Region Info: 0x3f800000 is not in any region. Bytes before following region: 3245883392
REGION TYPE START - END [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD REGION DETAIL
UNUSED SPACE AT START
—>
__TEXT 100f84000-101f10000 [ 15.5M] r-x/r-x SM=COW /Applications/djay Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/djay Pro

Summary of the issue:

How to reproduce the issue:

I did send the full crash report to Algoriddim Support support@algoriddim.com
Is there anything else I can do for now ?

This was my old post :

is that happened after you started playing 10 min or 2hrs? I’m just guessing, maybe 8GB ram is not enough for, or you can try with 500 ppl, sorry :smile:

Hi @Xten, the support team has received your crash report. The engineering team is looking into this further to see if they can replicate your issue on their system. I’ll report back here when I have news. Thanks!

Hi again @Xten, I have merged your new topic with the original one so that we can keep track of all the information in one place. I’m discussing this with the support and engineering teams and will report back when I have news. Thanks!

I was 12 minutes into the set…

It says that this topic will disappear in the next 5 days or so… How long will it take for you guys to get back to me ?

Hi @Xten, I have extended the topic timer. In the future, you can always DM me and I can reopen any topics that close automatically due to inactivity. Also, I’ve been told that the support team is already working with you directly and looking at your crash reports. Is this not the case?

same for me, first big crash in a club. That is clearly n to possible. I move back to Serato until they solve.

Hi @VenetianDJ, can you please submit an official support request via djay Settings>Contact Support? This will allow the engineering team to review your crash reports and determine the cause of your crash. Thanks!

Yes I did contact Algoriddim Support support@algoriddim.com and gave them all details. Just waiting for them to get back to me.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that… I can understand your pain and frustration. The updates are supposed to usually help with stability. I didn’t have any crashes last year but this year I have already had 2 major crashes during big gigs…

What macOS and DJ Hardware were you using btw ?

1 Like

Hi again @VenetianDJ, can you please submit an official support request using the link below so the engineering team can review your crash report? Thanks!

https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/requests/new