Applescript

Hello,
not amused about the fixed lines in “nowplaying.txt”, I want to use applescript creating my own “nowplaying.txt” that fulfill my needs. Additionally I want to display Artist and Title in Adium.

I drag DJay on AppleScript-Editor to receive a list of funktions and possible parameter, but I get a error-message:

“Das Funktionsverzeichnis des Programms oder der Erweiterung konnte nicht gelesen werden, da sie nicht scriptfähig sind.”

Warren wrote 14 days ago as an answer to the topic http://community.algoriddim.com/algor…
You can use AppleScript to control djay. Does that help?

How could I use AppleScript? Do I have a bug?
I’m using DJay for Mac 4.0.6 running on Lion Mountain.

Hi Michèle,

NowPlaying.txt is intended for NiceCast. If you need a similar text file but in a different format, you can simply write a script (e.g. Ruby script) that reads NowPlaying.txt and writes a new text file which suits your specific needs.

Apple Script was only available for the older version - djay 3. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks Warren,

that might be a workaround, but does not answer my question.

I drag DJay on AppleScript-Editor to receive a list of funktions and possible parameter, but I get a error-message:

“Das Funktionsverzeichnis des Programms oder der Erweiterung konnte nicht gelesen werden, da sie nicht scriptfähig sind.”

Warren wrote 14 days ago as an answer to the topic http://community.algoriddim.com/algor….
You can use AppleScript to control djay. Does that help?

How could I use AppleScript? Do I have a bug?
I’m using DJay for Mac 4.0.6 running on Lion Mountain.

Ok,

DJay grows to be a better App, but still throwing away days ago useful functions, it’s a pity.

Great App to DJay, but that’s all. No Talkover for the mic and only the high priced tool of Rogue Amoeba to stream.

I wish better software - all in one - to broadcast with mac os x.

A this state, I could use Winamp as player.

Hello,

with the friendly help of the programmer of B.u.t.t., I created my workaround.

He wrote a scriptline to extract the Metadata of NowPlaying.txt into a new file that B.u.t.t. could read correctly. I converted this to a command and wrapped it with applescript into an app.