BPM automation and more

I really like this program. I would really love if we could automate the BPM or pitch back down to baseline so it would gradually shift back to the natural speed. Like by double tapping at the zero marker (middle) or triple tapping.

Also, a beat repeat in the sampler would be dope!

Also, some quantization on the play button would be great. I like not using sync and just lining up the waveforms visually. If the play button had synchronization I could always be right on the beat with the other track.

Also, that auto scratch mode in Djay 2 is awesome, y’all should add that to Djay Pro.

Thanks. This program is better than Traktor is many ways. Which reminds me, can y’all get this to work with Traktor Audio 2 reliably? Does it work currently in iOS10?

Hi there,

thank you for your requests. I will share our thoughts accordingly:

1. A natural way of pitching back to the natural speed is hard to do in a smooth way. We are aware that some users are asking for this feature but at the moment we can not support this.

2. Beat repeat of the sampler was forwarded internally :slight_smile:

3. General a quantisation mode is something we are thinking of, but as we want to keep the UI as clean as possible hard to implement. Where would you like to see / how would you like to see this being implemented?

4. We see djay Pro as an app usually used besides external controllers, therefore we excluded the auto cut mode.

5. The Traktor Audio 2 is supported by iOS.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Lukas,

I’ve seen this feature requested for a while now, but it has yet to be implemented in Djay Pro. I think there are quite a few of us who would really appreciate this feature to be included. As for UI recommendations, it shouldn’t really need to appear within the main mixer UI at all. Make it something the user can turn on/off in Settings, and then ask the user how they would like to quantize the beats (1/2 beat, 1/4 beat, 1/8 beat, etc.). While track A is playing, I should be able to press play for track B AROUND THE VICINITY of the track A beat I want it to come on (whether it’s 0.1 or 0.05 seconds before or after, doesn’t matter - the beats should be sync’ed). Traktor for iPad does a great job of this, and there is no headache whatsoever. Please please please implement this, thank you!

Thanks for the reply.

1. When I’ve got a track playing and I want to start the other deck on the same beat. Having an eight or maybe quarter note quantization would make sure they always line right up. Does that make sense?