Browsing Media Library with the Pioneer WeGo2

I was going to post this on the Pioneer forum but thought I might ask it here too. I just got my WeGo2 and like it very much. One problem that I have found is that when I push the Browse knob it opens up a search window just fine but as soon as I turn the Browse knob to go to the next song, it takes me all the way back up to the first song in the list. Has anyone else had this problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Bill,

Which djay version do you have? As an experiment, please try the following:

push Browse to open the library

choose and load a song

push Browse again

rotate Browse knob

Does it still start from the first song?

Thanks for your reply. I see.

There is no way for the controller to know that the view has moved to a diffferent position in the list. For the MIDI Controller the cursor stays where it is if you move to different position using the UI.

Hi Warren and thanks for the reply.

I am using DJay version 2.5.2 on an Ipad Air. I believe I have the latest firmware on the WeGo2.

Here is what happens when I make your test:

push Browse to open the library OK

choose and load a song OK

push Browse again - It opens up to the last song I picked

rotate Browse knob - it goes to the next song in the list

All those steps are what I expected. Now let me try a different test:

push Browse to open the library OK

choose and load a song OK

push Browse again - It opens up to the last song I picked

Now I touch the screen on the side of the library window to pick songs starting with the letter “R” (for example)

The song list goes to the songs starting with “R” (as it should) but now when I rotate the Browse know it goes back to the top of the list to the song after the last song I picked.

I think it has something to do with the Midi code that is being sent. It looks like from the WeGo2 Owner’s manual that the browse function is set up for Virtual DJ. The attached screenshots are from the Owner’s Manual. The first shows the browsing instructions and the second is the Virtual DJ screen where they define “A” and “B”.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply Warren. I thought this was the case but I wanted to make sure.