Can't see any way of rewinding a loaded track?

seriously?

but thanks anyway

1 Like

It sounds as if you are not using the cue button (next to the play button), but one of the eight buttons for the cue points, as this is the only way to set cue points in Djay Pro. The normal cue button also jumps to the beginning of the song in Djay Pro by default.

1 Like

Hi Chris

Seeing as ive not connected a controller yet that’s the only CUE button I can see, the one next to play?

When I press this it just creates a new cue point at the moment when I press it?

thanks

Hi @RichP007,

1. The Cue button next to the Play button will move you to the start of the track if you press it while the track is already playing. If you press it while paused it will place a new temporary cue point at that location. By default if you haven’t set a temporary cue point it will be at the start of the track.
  2. You can also simply use your mouse/track pad to click on the start of overview waveform. This will move the play-head to the position you clicked on.
  3. Alternatively, you can use a keyboard shortcut. I’m not sure the command on macOS, but it looks like this on Windows:

The fact that a cue point is set with the cue button for a paused track only happens with a controller - or also in the software? At least on the iPhone/iPad this is not the case. And @RichP007 doesn’t have a controller connected here, if I’ve understood correctly.

@Chris_R on the iOS version of djay, without a controller connected, pressing the Cue button when paused sets a new temporary cue point. Perhaps this behaves differently on macOS.

I have just tried this again, and I cannot confirm this with either iOS or iPadOS. Using the cue button jumps to the beginning of the track or to the (temporary) cue point, which is set with “SET”.

But maybe we are not talking about the same button. I mean the one with the arrow:

IMG_1828

Hi there

Sorry but it sets a new cue point whilst the track is playing!

So if your at 3.06 mins then press Cue that’s where it sets the Cue point???

Thanks

I haven’t got Button with an arrow or a set button, just play and cue?? Is this because I’m on trial version? My reason for not buying is to get this resolved before I purchase.

Thanks

Ok, I have now had a look at this on the MacBook and can understand your problem. It is as @Slak_Jaw has described it. And it has nothing to do with the fact that you are using the trial version.
In general, it would probably have been better if you had told us right at the beginning which platform you were using the software on :wink:

With respect Chris

That’s why I selected Mac OS in the drop down box when creating the thread?

If this doesn’t show this to you, then what was the point of the drop down box?

Thanks

1 Like

Ok, message received. Yes, that’s right, and I actually didn’t pay attention to it - mea culpa. Nevertheless, it wouldn’t have been difficult to mention it briefly (see also here: 📣 ANNOUNCEMENT: General Community Updates)

You can go through lengthy discussions or just be pragmatic and not judgemental … :slight_smile:

@Chris_R and @RichP007, there are 2 options for the Cue button that can be adjusted in the djay Settings>Appearance>CUE POINTS>Start CUE Button.

1 Like

@RichP007, when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):

In addition to this, to help clarify things, can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here?

Slak_Jaw’s info is the best way to set the CUE/Set/Jump buttons in macOS. It can also be useful to memorize the following computer keys:

CUE
Q (Deck 1)
P (Deck 2)

Set CUE
⌥ option+Q (Deck 1)
⌥ option+P (Deck 2)

Delete CUE
SHIFT + ⌥ option + Q (Deck 1)
SHIFT + ⌥ option + P (Deck 2)

Play/Pause
1 (Deck 1)
0 (Deck 2)

Skip Back/Fwd
3/4 (Deck 1)
7/8 (Deck 2)

1 Like

Yes thanks, will do, although I did use the drop down to list my OS. My first post don’t forget.

I didn’t realise the program could be so different between OS versions?

Also I’m sorry but you’ve all answered, but at the same time you’ve all left me confused and as if I’ve not been answered? Please don’t take this as ungrateful - but I just feel I’m no better off?

I press CUE whilst a track is playing and it just marks that spot - surely this is not correct, it performs no function that is actually useful?

Infact for me I always “ rock back and forward” at the start point which I cannot do. I feel if I can’t do a function that I think is very standard with other software then I shouldn’t commit to purchasing it: a shame because the rest of it is awesome!

Kind regards

Hi @RichP007 a video of the issue should help to clarify any confusion. Please record and share before we speculate any further as to what is going on. Thanks!

Chris

My apologies I meant no offence, but I’m new here. I can’t read every announcement, and as I said, what’s the point of having a selection box when you have to mention it as well? But honestly your point is taken.

So let me get this correct, I simply don’t have this facility and it’s just going to keep setting a point, every time I press cue?

Regards,
Richard

Hi @RichP007, this will go a lot better if you provide the details about your setup that were requested above. Along with the requested video to clearly illustrate what is happening. It is possible that you are experiencing a bug with your specific setup (hence why we need to know specifics). Or perhaps there is simply a miscommunication between your description of what’s happening and our interpretation. So, again, please record and share a video so we are all on the same page. Thanks!