Colorful Hotcues on DDJ-XP2 sub controller

I’m using Djay Pro on an iPad. I downloaded a midi mapping for my DDJ-XP2, which while barebones, is working ok for me for the time being. At least I can set hot cues and do the stems functions with it. But I noticed that when I set hotcues they are all white in color on the controller. Is there a way to take advantaged of the RGB enabled pads on the XP2 and get colors for each hot cue? I tried looking in the settings but didn’t see anything. TIA for replies.

1 Like

@GODSOWN_DJ within the MIDI learn section of djay, you need to:

1. Press the button that you want to change the LED colors on.
  2. Scroll down and make sure MIDI Out is turned On
  3. Expand the Advanced MIDI Out Configuration section at the bottom.
  4. Move the slider under Min Value to change the number at the right. This controls the Off State color of the button. Basically slide it around to the color you want. Note that some of the values will likely have different LED brightnesses as well.
  5. Do the same for Max Value to set the On State color of the button.
  6. Repeat for all buttons.

1 Like

If you’re unfamiliar with MIDI Mapping in djay on iOS, here’s a starters guide:

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw You are the master of midi mapping. I winder if you have any experience mapping midifighters? I have a midifighter 3d i have it mapped the way i like but dont know how to change banks to map them as well.

1 Like

Thanks so much for you help bro! I really appreciate your detailed response. Later!

1 Like

@SamJam thanks! Yeah, I have tons of Midi Fighter Mapping experience. I actually have some mappings already on this forum.

You should download the Midi Fighter Utility from the DJ TechTools website. You probably need to update your firmware and enable the Banks mode.

1 Like

@GODSOWN_DJ you’re welcome. Happy to help.

@Slak_Jaw I have the utility and have updated. I cant see an option for bank mode. I will have another look at the utility software.