Connecting issues: Hercules Controller with djay (Windows)

@Tian

1. Do you have the latest Windows version of djay Pro? djay Pro - Official app in the Microsoft Store
  2. Have you tried connecting to your Windows laptop with a different USB cable?
  3. Can you please provide a screen shot of your Settings>MIDI page and the Configure page?

Thank you for your help.

1. I just downloaded and installed it yesterday.
  2. My controller has a build-in USB cable, I cannot try another one. Other devices, e.g. a card reader or external harddrive, work normally.
  3. This view (the configuration set up with every control) is completely empty. I can send a screenshot of it in approx. 2h.

You’re welcome. Noted regarding the built-in USB cable. I’ve never used that controller so I didn’t realize it had a hardwired USB cable - most controllers are not configured this way. Can you confirm that the controller powers up and the various buttons are illuminated when connected to the laptop?

Yes, everything lights up. The sound also goes through it.

…everything lights up, but no reaction when I use the controls.

Here are the screenshots:

@Tian thanks for the screen shots. From the MIDI Configuration drop down menu, please select the MIDI Mapping that contains (built-in) at the end of the controller name.

I only have this one option:

Okay, that’s the source of the problem then. There should be a MIDI Mapping with (built-in) in the name. I would try uninstalling djay Pro from your Windows laptop, restarting your computer, downloading the latest version from the Microsoft App store and reinstalling it.

I uninstalled it, restarted the computer, downloaded it again from the Microsoft store, installed it…
The only thing that changed now is that the configuration set up is not empty anymore… I mean the controls are there but all associated to DECK 1 and with no Actions:

Well that is very unusual. I’m going to report this to the dev team to see if we can figure out what’s going on. Can you please also submit a support ticket from within djay Pro? Go to Settings>Contact Support. Thanks!

Thank you.
I did that already, but didn’t get any reaction.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Thanks for submitting the ticket. I’ve also pushed it internally.

Hi @Tian, I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re still having this issue. Thanks.

Hi Slak_Jaw,
thanks for getting back. Yes, I do. And still no reaction from customer service.

Hi @Tian, thanks for the quick response and update. I’ll push this again with the support team. Sorry for the delay. Our team is very busy catching up on questions related to the recent djay Pro Windows release.

Hi again @Tian. I’m not sure how I missed this in your original post, but the MK2 version of the Hercules DJControl Inpulse 200 is not currently supported by djay Pro on Windows. This explains why there is no MIDI Mapping file for it.

There is already a thread to add support for this controller so you can go cast your Vote below.

In the meantime, you can have a go at MIDI Mapping it yourself. The process is actually quite straight forward if you have the time.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer! This indeed looks like the solution. I didn‘t realize that there was a difference between the MK version and the other one…damn.
Since my free trial of djay run out and I couldn’t use it, I cancelled it and returned the controller yesterday.
But I really appreciate that you got back to me and helped me. Thank you very much!

You’re welcome @Tian

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.