controlling my wego4

really sorry for the silly question - i have just bought my son a wego 4 and connected with speakers and ipad using djay 2.

my problem is i cant seem to control djay2 app directly from my wego4, only from the ipad.

please tell me its a simple fix!?!?

Which iPad are you using? I can’t get it to work with my iPad Pro 12.9" but it works fine with my iPad Air.

Try rebooting the iPad and uninstalling/reinstalling Djay Pro. If that doesn’t work you may want to try factory resetting the iPad, test with Djay Pro on clean iPad. If working ok then factory reset iPad then restore iPad and retest. Have seen others say factory reset and restore fixes it.

Hi Matthew Rubens,

can you tell me how you connected the iPad with the WeGo, an image would be very helpful.

I am sure we will fix the issue fast :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Can you send me an image of your setup?

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi there, 

can you tell me which iOS is installed on both iPad’s? 
Also are you connecting both iPad’s in the same way with the controller?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Matthew,

we are sorry to hear that.
Can you tell me which iOS is installed on both iPad’s? 
Also are you connecting both iPad’s in the same way with the controller?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Daniel Edes,

we are very sorry to hear that, do you have the possibility to connect the iPad via an usb type a -> camera kit -> lightning cable to check if the connection might cause the problem?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi just with a USB cable

I can get it working with my iPad mini but my sons iPad mini which is the latest version does not work

Ok thanks will try

I have tried the reset and it simply doesn’t work. My older iPad mini works fine but my sons is brand new and doesn’t work

iPads are running same operating platform and connection

We are having the same problem with our new wego4. Connected via USB to lightning cable but no control from the unit. The audio tracks from Spotify are playing on the monitor speakers and volume control is working just nothing else! Help please?

My son has an iPad Air and the software is running on that but no sync with the wego4!

We are using Djay2 not Djay Pro will this work with your factory reset suggestion?

Hi Lukas, my son has an iPad Air with iOS 10 we connected to the wego4 via the lightning/USB cable to the correct port on the wego4. Tried rebooting and reinstalling to no avail. What is advertised on the box as a seamless product in our experience is a not working and useless product!