Cue points are not consistently saved

I’ve tried about 8 times setting a start-cue point for the track “Loser” by Beck which appears to work except when I quit Djay then start it again the start cue point is gone. With other tracks Djay is able to save and recall the cue points so I do not understand why it has problems with some tracks like Loser. Note that Loser is a MP3 file in my iTunes library. This is with djay v1.3.1 running on a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.11.5.

In fact I see a song.songStart attribute appear in the loser entry in the djay Preset Library.plist file when I set a cue point for that track then quit djay but when I start djay again, it appears to ignore that song.songStart attribute and when I quit djay again the song.songStart attribute is removed. This seems like a bug that needs fixing.

The plist file I’m talking about above is here: ~/Library/Containers/com.algoriddim.djay-pro-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Algoriddim/

Ejecting the Loser track after setting a cue point did fix the issue as the cue point was restored after I restarted Djay, thanks.

My expectation is that setting a cue point will cause it to be saved whether I eject a track or not.

Hey Will,
Try tricking DJay into thinking that your Loser Track is different and New Track.
1 - Delete track in iTunes, KEEP FILE.
2 - Find track in FINDER, rename it (e.i. add a space at the end of name)
3 - Go back to iTunes and choose Add File To Library, choose same track, then sync.
Djay should think it’s a different song all together and play it for the first time.
This works for me when I have a stubborn track.
P.S. you can always Revert by renaming track.

Hi Will Fiveash,

could you please try to “Eject” the track after setting the Start Cue point and see if djay Pro is saving the Start Point afterwards.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi Will,

thank you for the follow up. Yes ejecting the track is storing the data while closing before loading/ejecting a new track is not. Nevertheless i forwarded your post as a request for the same behaviour before closing the application.

Cheers,
Lukas E.