DDJ-FLX10 Hardware FX

IN FLX10, BEAT FX are emulated in Rekordbox or Serato, Virtual DJ Software.

No hardware FX, because of FX stems parts.

So the only way, is that DJAY Pro 5.2 in next updates, emulate genuine Pioneer FX like Serato or VirtualDJ. (Beat FX and Color FX)

Hardware FX are only for line input / not USB in FLX10 design

Regards,

Olivier F.

1 Like

Well, I think it makes perfect sense.

When using it as a USB controller, the DJ app does all the audio processing and mixing and just sends the master output channels to the controller’s audio interface. Using hardware FX in the controller is limiting in this scenario. And since Serato/Rekordbox uses a software version of the original Pioneer FX there really is no difference from a user’s perspective. At the same time the FLX10 also has the hardware FX for external/line sources, which is really nice.

So, what you are really requesting in this thread, is that Algoriddim should license the Pioneer FX package and integrate it into DJay Pro. This would make the FX section seamless as it is on Serato/Rekordbox. I will vote for that! :blush:

5 Likes

Have you try to use external mixing mode (if possible)? I don’t have a flx10 but on rane controllers it is possible to rout the channels directly to the channels in the build in Mixer - than I can use the build in hardware fx.

Hi @Steinar, I spoke with engineering, because of the hardware design of the FLX10 it is not possible to use hardware FX with DJ software, so controlling software FX is the only possibility. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi!

Yes, I studied the signal flow chart in the manual and came to the same conclusion. I just didn’t expect it since my REV 7 works that way. But maybe that’s something new they are doing in the FLX series.

1 Like

yes, the issue with beat fx. it just sounds bad because it runs through the software. and Auto BPM → „section Beat FX“, also doesn’t work. it always shows 120 bpm

2 Likes

Hi @DJKamyR, I’ve moved you comment from the general FLX10 discussion to this one. Please note as shared above that it’s not possible to use the hardware FX with the FLX10. Can you please try to capture a video of the Auto BPM/Beat FX issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

@Slak_Jaw I read in this post about the issues with the color fx. But there is not enough discription, at least for my specific issue. I think the deadzone of the knobs is to low. So when I have the knobs in the center (where its locked) often the effecteds are still activated. After some adjusting left/right it can be deactivated. My flx10 is days old and I never have this issue in rekordbox or serato.

2 Likes

Hi @Robioter, I’ve moved your question over to this FLX10 FX topic and I have forwarded this to engineering for review and comment. Thanks!

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw
Att. the video as requested

Hi @Robioter, I spoke with engineering and this will be fixed in an upcoming update. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @DJKamyR, thanks for the video. This is very helpful. I’ve shared this with engineering for further review.

2 Likes

Wow amazing support. Thanks for listening!

You’re welcome @Robioter! Thanks for the positive feedback.

@Slak_Jaw Also two additional reports:

1. The color effects on the controller can either go up or down. In djay pro it only works for the filter. For all the other effects it doesn’t make a difference if I turn up or down. In both ways the effects are simmilar.

2. On the beat effect I can change the beat (or other details) of the effect. On the controller it is saved on which level it was last for each effect. On the software it is saved for all the effects.
    Example: I have the delay on and change it to 1/2 beat. If I change the effect to low pass delay. In the software it is stays on 1/2 beat, but on the controller it shows 1 beat, which is the standard value (or the last I used).
    → So after using many effects for e period of time it gets really messy. The screen on the controller doesn’t show any true value of the effect in djay pro.

1 Like

Hi @DJKamyR, please note that the Tap and Auto BPM feature does work, however, the little FX display unfortunately doesn’t update to reflect it. This display is similar to the jog wheel displays and requires the manufacturer to update the firmware for djay to have access to it.

Regarding “it just sounds bad because it runs through the software”, again, we have to use djay FX because we do not have access to the Pioneer hardware FX. Do you have some specific pain points we could maybe alleviate? Is there a specific effect that is not available in the djay FX that you’d like to see added?

3 Likes

Thanks for the additional feedback @Robioter. I’ve shared this with engineering.

1 Like

@Slak_Jaw
hi Slak_Jaw, no it’s all there but the rollout sounds very robotic

@Slak_Jaw @NathanielAlgo
Any news when we can expact 5.2.1?

Thx for an short update

@Slak_Jaw @NathanielAlgo
Is it possible to have the search function for local files on iPad?

And also the star rating function for the iPad?

1 Like