DDJ400/iPad - Manual loop adjust?

Hi,

is it possible to do this on the DDJ40? I know Rekordbox enables this on the DDJ400 but the same button/jogwheel combos don’t seem to work using Djay Pro.
Has anyone mapped this to work?

Thanks

Stretch

1 Like

Hi,

Could you share which exact combos you are missing which are supported in Rekordbox and are not on djay Pro AI?

Hi Lukas,

this function from the DDJ400 manual doesn’t seem to work when I try to use it in Djay Pro:

Changing the starting position (Loop In point) of the loop playback

Press the [IN/4BEAT] button during loop playback, and then turn the jog wheel to move the Loop In point.

Changing the ending position (Loop Out point) of the loop playback

Press the [OUT] button during loop playback and then turn the jog wheel to move the Loop Out point.

Thanks

Stretch

I would also enjoy mapping such behavior on other controllers too.

It would have been possible with the MIDI “Seek” + button modifier, but we need some kind of modifiers & conditions support first:
Modifiers support for MIDI mappings

It might still be doable through the mappings XML, as the engine appears to support conditional logic. And if Algoriddim can do it for DDJ-400, I would likely be able to adapt it to my MC-7000 :yum:

@StretchWatson, short term, you you can set mapping with the “Skip” MIDI function (e.g. on the two arrow < > buttons, with or without Shift). The “Skip” MIDI command, when applied on buttons, has different “move size” values (1/8-4 beats). This is quite convenient for adjusting quantized loops.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.