Denon MCX 8000

Here is the download link to my mapping again… https://www.dropbox.com/s/4191x7qjimc…

@ Jonathan … make one, it’s kind of fun but takes a bit of time. See that algoriddim link I posted above on how to configure a MIDI controller.

We know you’re in bed with Pioneer, but us patiently waiting Denon people need a little loving too.

That’s pretty much exactly how it works. As long as you have the mapping window open when you move a control knob it will show that control on screen then you choose the function of the knob. I recommend you start with my mapping and just modify it to your liking. If you start from scratch it will take a while.

That’s odd. Just tested it on my end and it’s the same. You’ll need to delete the “.txt” on the file name.

Yes! Native support please!

Which mapping? If it was the one I posted in this thread the cue / pre listening should work.

Any support for the 8000 yet? I just got an 8000 and want to use it with djay pro.

I wonder what the issue is.

We don’t have a spotify problem.

This thread is about support in DJ Pro for the Denon MCX 8000.

I was using it for it’s ease of use as well as it’s tight integration with my iTunes library.

Just basic functionality would be great to start with. I don’t even care about the screens on the 8000 working when using djay Pro.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Just have it operate the software, forget about the fancy waveforms on the 8000 screens. Just make it work, play, pause, cue, nudge, loop

oh OK, I’ll try that, will the sound work?

I was DJing a prom Saturday night and I’ve been using the 8000 in stand alone mode since I got it. Just file browse mode with my playlists in each folder. I connected the laptop to the 8000 and ran this program and the sound works great, cuing and master out through the 8000. I only use it for requests that I need to search for because searching on the 8000 in stand alone mode is for the birds. I tried to do a quick mapping but couldn’t figure it out at the gig. Is there like a visual mapping capability? Like where you move a control and click on the screen what it should control? I guess I need to spend some home time with this or find the mapping someone here created and give it a go.

Come on Algoriddim, put some basic capability in your software ! ! ! ! !

I just downloaded your file DENON DJ MCX8000 V2.djayMidiMapping.txt and will give this a shot. Thank you ! ! !

I opened the midi screen and moved a few faders, knobs, etc. but didn’t notice anything happening on the laptop. It was at the gig so was only paying half attention. Will try this later and see what I can do.

Thanks again!

I think Denon will drop support for the 8000 by that time.

If the screens were working with the 8000, I’d buy the software right now!!
Any chance you guys will get the screens to work with DJay Pro2?

whats so funny?