Djay 2 / iPad 4 / iOS 7 crashes on launch if last playlist item has been checked (played).

Djay 2 / iPad 4 / iOS 7 crashes on launch if last playlist item has been checked (played). I was able to repeat this. Once the last item is played, I close the app and then relaunch. When I try to load a song, it opens the last used playlist by default and immediately crashes.

Hi Warren,

Here’s an update. The issue seems to be in loading any song into Djay2 iPad version, then closing and relaunching the app. IMPORTANT! I’ve tried the following test on my iPad using both the iPad and iPhone versions of Djay2. Only the iPad version crashes, so the problem appears to be in your code specific to the Djay2 iPad version. I’ll keep testing today and probably run the iPhone version 2X because I need a reliable app for a show tomorrow.

For starters, I noted that neither app appears to handle nested playlist folders correctly, so I first moved playlists out of the parent folder:

1. In iTunes, moved Folders A and B out from within Folder PARENT.
  2. In iTunes, Deleted PARENT.
  3. Re-synced iPad; first removed all playlists then added only A & B.
  4. Launched Djay2 and selected the iTunes Library option.
  5. Selected Playlist A.
  6. Loaded first song, played a few seconds, stopped and closed Djay2.
  7. Re-opened Djay2 and tried to load any song.
  8. App crash as soon as the popup song selector window appears.

In short, the problem appears to be in closing and re-opening the iPad app after any iTunes library content has been loaded. Two workarounds are to delete and re-sync all libraries, or delete and re-install Djay2. If I close the app for any reason (or it crashes), I am offline for the time it takes to make this fix, assuming wifi is available.

V2.6.1 seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks sincerely for your support and prompt communication.

Hi Randall,

Thanks for contacting us.

We’ve already been able to identify the problem and our developers are working on a solution.

In the meantime, after re-downloading the app, just make sure to select “iTunes” or “Spotify” instead of just tapping somewhere on the side.

Hi Randall,

We just released an update 2.6.1 which should fix this issue. Please download it and let us know if the problem still persists.

By the way, awesome testing. Thanks for your help!

We just released an update 2.6.1 which should fix this issue. Please download it and let us know if the problem still persists.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
App has suddenly closed on me all day since update.