Djay 2 on Iphone will not connect to Spotify via Facebook Login

same prob here too

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Domain Error 999 connecting Spotify through Facebook.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Domain Error 999 connecting Spotify through Facebook.

Without spending hours digging through this forum, has anyone information on if this problem has been fixed. This error occurs when connecting Spotify through Facebook (Domain Error 999)

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Cannot access Spotify using Facebook.

Durham, NC
Djay 2.8.2
Iphone 6s
iOS.9.3.2
Nope is not helping

Japan
Djay 2.8.2
iPhone 6
iOS 9.3.2

Recently switched out my 6 plus for a 6S plus. Right up to the point I switched over, my spotify connection via iPhone was working on the 6 plus. I was even demo’ing it to the folks at the AT&T store. Once I restored all the apps from backup (including day) and started using the 6S plus, I have begun getting that 999 NSURLErrorDomain message and it doesn’t connect.

My Spotify account is connected via Facebook only so I can’t reset any passwords for Spotify to fix this. It seems that some sort of back-end hook from day 2 to spotify via Facebook is broken. This isn’t the first time a weird error happened - a while ago the auto mix functionality was broken in day 2 which made using day with spotify very aggravating as well.

As someone who works with computers for a primary job, it really seems like someone (either Facebook, Algoriddm, iOS, or Spotify) changed something 5 days ago and new connections via Facebook are now broken. When I connect via Safari, it works fine and I can view account information.

Here’s my particulars:
Day 2.8.2
iPhone 6s
iOS 9.3.2
Belleville, MI

The older version of iOS that was on there prior to upgrading to 9.3.2 was showing the error as well.

Sorry for the long vent but I’m planning to use this for spinning some tunes in an upcoming gig. I pay for Spotify premium so it would be nice for some collaboration between companies to figure out what broke and how to put it back.

Algoriddim sent me a couple of workarounds. The one below worked for me:

Please follow these steps for the meantime:

login to Spotify at http://www.spotify.com/login
select “Set device password”
set a password
use the given username and the password to login to Spotify within djay (do not select login via Facebook)

Note: I get an error message when I set my device password. I ignored the message and used the password I set anyways, and I’m finally connected and mixing Spotify music once more.

Me too!

I have an iPhone 6s running iOS 9.3.2
Djay 2 2.8.2
Spotify Premium account 5.7.0.1055

I can’t get my groove on! Any ideas welcome.

The problem specifically is as follows:

When I go to make the connection to Spotify as my music source I:

1. Click on the Log in to Spotify button

2. Click on the second log in to Spotify button

3. I choose to log in with Facebook (that’s how my Spotify was set up)

4. The Facebook login page flashes up for less than a second and then this screen appears, with the following error message:

Log in failed The operation couldn’t be completed.(NSURLErrorDomain error -999.)

Same issue here. it would be better without the Spotify option so we wouldn’t get so frustrated.
And it’s barely impossible to change to user/password when you have Facebook login already in place in Spotify

It’s like 2 months later and still no fix WTF, it obviously right, and I’ve noticed an update for djay since then but NO UPDATE for Spotify…so where is the fix and how long are they gonna let this go on like this for, I mean, months? Really for like a few lines of code?

I tried this workaround, Spotify is NOT ACCEPTING my new password (ugh) it’s 8 characters, contains numbers letter and capitals what else do they want…blood? Did this happen to anyone else?

Ok I did this too, and it’s still saying “incorrect pword or login” and I swear I’ve put the same exact thing in in both all caps (which it was given to me in) and regular case, still not working…

Will we have a solution for this problem one day?
Used to play for some friends parties and shame now can’t anymore!!!

Same problem here. I want a refund