Djay Pro loading tracks from Tidal VERY SLOWLY ... or will appear to load completely but will stop mid song because the entire song has not loaded

Im using the latest MacOS version … Ventura 13.3 and the latest Djay Pro AI version 4.1.7 … songs I normally play load entirely…but if I have a request and try loading a song for the 1st time, from Tidal, the song takes forever to load and then even when it appears to have loaded completely and ready to play…the song will play but stop shortly after starting or stop midway through the song because… although it appears to have loaded…based on being able to see the digital imprint of the song in the deck…the song has unfortunately NOT loaded completely…this happened to me on New Years Eve …AT MIDNIGHT!!! Since then, I am TERRIFIED to use Djay Pro AI. It’s the BEST DJ APP / SOFTWARE…but the SCARIEST as well … WTF???

2 Likes

I figured it out…the issue only happens when loading songs from TIDAL…****IF THE SETTING WITHIN DJAY PRO AI IS ON (HI-FI…the system states That you must be subscribed to High-Fi Plus…which I am…but) … the songs will take an eternity to load, not fully load, or not load at all. The setting must be on Normal (recommend) or High … then song load right away!!! Hope this helps someone like me who has had a nightmare regarding this problem…Algoriddim should try and get Hi-Fi Plus fixed so that DJ Pro AI can make investing in a Hi-Fi Plus TIDAL Subscription worth the $19.99 per month.

1 Like

Me too.
It makes no sense at all! Why not fix it?

You have to go into settings and set the TIDAL QUALITY to Normal or High … Normal is recommended … Hi-Fi doesn’t work well with Djay Pro AI … even if you have a Hi-Fi Subscription

Not sure if it’s Djay though. Tidal’s servers are very slow at times.

Another precise example of Algoriddim not treating the information clearly with their subscribers.
If the option to toggle hi-fi IS IN the setting menus, (library section) it SHOULD work.

It used to work just fine. I DJed many times on Hifi. Now, as of a month ago it is broken. The alogriddm support tech told me to just use normal and never to switch it back…

Hey @Todd_D_Anderson @tchesco @Mister_Tuur and especially @pabloaguas (Welcome to the Community! Thanks for your first post :slight_smile: )

We’ve received reports similar to yours from many other users and are investigating the issue. We don’t know the cause of the issue, but I can assure you that this is a top priority for us. We hope to have a resolution as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can set your quality to “High” or “Normal” as a workaround.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Please let us know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

1 Like

High is still CD quality FLAC files…
while I agree it would be preferable to be able to use the MQA Master quality files, I’m not sure that aspect of Tidal’s business will remain viable for much longer as the MQA seems to have declared bankruptcy.
DSD (the technology behind MQA) has been around for some time, however, and I’m sure Sony will roll out equipment (and license its use to other manufacturers) if there is enough demand…and they can make the chips to satisfy it.
I did a deep-dive answer to someone in another thread about the tech, politics, etc. behind all this. go have a look for it, using my u/name…

very frustrating. it stopped working for me while I was in the middle of a DJ set at a big party. week prior it worked just fine.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s software for you…especially if you have Automatic Updates enabled ;-D
Lots of posts about that on this forum, with the fix.

While it’s disappointing to not be able to use the full resolution available to you as a Tidal subscriber, we also have to thank the technology/technological gods that we have internet to stream CD-quality tracks (that we don’t have to carry physical copies of) pretty much anywhere onto our favourite devices.

2 Likes

I have the same problems on my iPad Pro since the Software Update to iOS 16.4.1. I can no longer use the app without a crash. Both with iTunes library and Tidal!
The crash occurs after just a few minutes, even without intervention of a function.

iPad Pro 12.9“ iOS 16.4.1
djay pro 4.1.7
No hardware (Controller)

On my other iPad with iOS 15.5 the problem are not there!
It has nothing to do with Tidal Hi-Fi or higher quality iTunes files, but because of the iOS update to 16.4.1.

I use Tidal HiFi plus.

It’s strange that Algoriddim didn’t fix this bug right now!!!

(Merged from a duplicate Topic)

Hey all,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this issue with loading TIDAL tracks. This is a known issue that several users have reported, and we are actively investigating the issue.

Currently, the only workaround is to set the TIDAL quality to “High” or “Normal.”

We’ll be sure to update you in this thread once we have more information.

Because this is a duplicate topic, it will be merged into the thread linked above and closed.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.