EQ Resetting when using Neural Mix CFX

This topic was pulled from the DDJ-FLX10 Compatibility Topic from @DJKamyR. I have move this topic here to make the discussion easier to follow and track:

Hi @DJKamyR, I’ve created a new topic for this so we can keep the discussion organized. In the future, please create separate topics for things like this so the conversation doesn’t get lost in a general discussion thread. Thanks!

Engineering is looking into your EQing while using CFX request. As I mentioned previously, several of the CFX options rely on adjusting the EQs when performing the CFX transition. Engineering would like to understand exactly how you are using the Neural Mix CFX so they can consider options that could achieve the results you are looking for while maintaining the existing CFX functionality. For example, "I want to avoid having the vocals clash at the center” or something like that. The more information you can provide the better the dev team can respond. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi again @DJKamyR, I’m following up on my question above from a few days ago. Thanks.

@Slak_Jaw
I always like to mix a new track with an instrumental into the current track while retaining the vocals. But sometimes it’s the other way round, e.g. a new track with a vocal into the current track as an instrumental. But I generally want to be able to control the bass of the entire system and in this case keep it minimized. And not what DJAY is currently doing and resetting all my EQ settings with every new transition.

Is it clear enough?
Otherwise I dont know how to explain more. Sorry

It’s actually quite simple, the bass should simply not be changed during the transition when the hardware knobs have been turned.
It is also possible that the software does not turn the bass up as high as the hardware has set it to.

Thank you

Thanks for the clarification @DJKamyR. This is very helpful and makes sense. I’ve passed this onto the devs.

Many thx, I hope this will come in 5.2.1

You’re welcome. 5.2.1 is already in Beta testing, so this will most likely not be included in that release.

@Slak_Jaw @NathanielAlgo

Hey guys, I’m so glad the development team did something about my need for EQ on transition, but unfortunately it’s not working properly.
Please check out my new video. For deck 2, it keeps the EQ from the hardware, but not for deck 1.

@Slak_Jaw @NathanielAlgo
Guys did you noticed that?

Hi @DJKamyR, please note that engineering is still working on this issue and it was not addressed in 5.2.1. In your video, you have Deck 1 set to Normal EQ and Deck 2 set to Neural Mix EQ which explains the difference in behavior you are observing. Please set them to the same if you want them to behave the same. Thanks!

Hello! It’s been more than 9 days since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!